Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Words you hate

Spaceman Spiff

I don’t hate any words, but I hate certain uses of words. Describing any part of a human being as “juicy” for example. Another is when someone’s skin is described as “creamy.” Bleh!  Words I associate with food creep me the hell out when use to describe people. One more, “nourish” when used in a business context involving leadership. Revolting.

Also buzz words when used like this:

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I tend to dislike words that are just a new way of saying something old, so the people that use it can feel special or up-to-date.

Biodynamic

Informatics

Conscious Parenting

Cloud. 😒

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

I don’t hate any words, but I hate certain uses of words. Describing any part of a human being as “juicy” for example. Another is when someone’s skin is described as “creamy.” Bleh!  Words I associate with food creep me the hell out when use to describe people. One more, “nourish” when used in a business context involving leadership. Revolting.

Also buzz words when used like this:

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

but outside of that bucket:

"rib-spreader"  

Yeah, that’s an unpleasant word. I recently learned of something along similar lines, “flail chest.” I advise against seeking out any videos depicting this particular predicament. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Tis the season so I've been hearing it a lot lately but I ****ing hate the word caucus.  I hate it.  I hate hearing it, I hate hearing about the Iowa caucus.  KAW-KUSS.  I hate the word like ix hates a dating app.

I used to know what this word meant and I don't anymore but that's okay cause **** this word.  I'm sure @PleaseBlitz can give a good definition of it, but I absolutely, positively cannot stand the word tort.  And I saw it earlier, it made me twitch, hence why I started this thread because I was curious as to what sets you guys off.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Tis the season so I've been hearing it a lot lately but I ****ing hate the word caucus.  I hate it.  I hate hearing it, I hate hearing about the Iowa caucus.  KAW-KUSS.  I hate the word like ix hates a dating app.

I used to know what this word meant and I don't anymore but that's okay cause **** this word.  I'm sure @PleaseBlitz can give a good definition of it, but I absolutely, positively cannot stand the word tort.  And I saw it earlier, it made me twitch, hence why I started this thread because I was curious as to what sets you guys off.

So I can assume you won't be reading "The King of Torts" by John Grisham? 

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Og17jqz.jpeg

• Haha 2

The phrase “for real, for real” is one of the stupidest things I’ve heard people use. So much that when the gf uses it, I respond with “for fake, for fake”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5