Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington vs. Dallas Week 18 Prediction Thread

Spearfeather

I want to believe this is an easy loss. NFC East curse continues, Dallas clinches the division title so Philly can't and there's still no repeat division champ, Washington clinches the #2 pick to either snag a legit top 3 talent OR to trade down for a metric ****ton of picks to fleece a QB hungry team to start setting up future success.

But I can't shake the feeling that this might be that final fluke win that Ron pulls out of his ass to do some real damage, maybe even drop us out of the top 5 if all the other games break wrong for draft position.

My gut:

-Dallas: 42

-Washington: 17

My fear:

-Washington: 28

-Dallas: 27

I could see something similar to the 9ers game where we hang around for a bit.

Eventually the bad decisions and play will rear its head and everything will snowball. Playing against an opponent who is actually motivated vs us being ready to get our vacations started will ensure there will not be a comeback. We don't have the juice to survive a momentum swing against us.

I'm pretty sure the #2 pick will be decided by the close of the 4:30 games too. Minimal waiting around on that front.

11 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Somehow I have this horrible premonition we will pull off the upset, causing the FO to trade away the farm to move up to pock the latest QB bust.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

27-13 Dullass

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4794c2cxs9dzm34emnm0

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47axr2y6zqukpiyh6xic

• Haha 1

I want all, I repeat all our Top players out for this week, absolutely no point in playing the likes off Allen,  Payne and Mclaurin. And it's not just to get the 2nd pick but if you want to trade any of them an injury would **** that up.

• Thumb up 1

On 1/1/2024 at 10:33 PM, GhostofSparta said:

My gut:

-Dallas: 42

-Washington: 17

My fear:

-Washington: 28

-Dallas: 27

My gut:

-Washington 74

-Dallas 3

My fear:

-Washington 74

-Dallas 3

• Haha 4

On 1/2/2024 at 6:33 AM, DWinzit said:

I'd bring back the cheese for this game. 

Anyone know if he cleared waivers or did someone grab him?

Addington's snaps get back there QUICK.  Cheese Louise!

I think Tress Way had to get used to that smoke.  

This will be last chance for anyone left on this roster to change opinions before new folks come in...last chance to get stuff on film in case they are going elsewhere.

It won't matter because Dallas is that much better then us and needs this game, expect an L. 

But I also expect some players to standout effort wise on at least the understanding that offseason in many ways is out of their hands but what happens on that field is in their's instead.

On 12/31/2023 at 3:59 PM, Spearfeather said:

image.png.5e76abb08bc39bd479cafd47098f055b.png

vs.

image.png.216c806af1fb9be86a5b7729b42cda62.png

Prescott is currently second in the league in passing yards, with 32 TD's and only nine Int's.

Our offense is bad. Our defense is terrible.

Could be and hopefully, an end of an era.

It's pretty sad. I know that we all have seen this coming for a while now, but how many eras has this organization had since it has been any good? The Norv Era. The Marty Era. The Spurrier Era. The Gibbs 2.0 Era. The Zorn Era. The Shanahan Pre-RG3 Era. The Shanahan w/RG3 Era. The Gruden Era. The Rivera Era. Christ on a Cracker...that's even ignoring Richie's one year simply because we were at least caught with our pants down and had many of the same players. 

I really hope Harris can stabilize things. 

Oh, Dallas will win, but not as big as most people expect. I hope Rivera does something stupid and is fired the very next day. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

My gut:

-Washington 74

-Dallas 3

My fear:

-Washington 74

-Dallas 3

I really don't want the Commanders to blow the draft pick position, but it would be kinda fun to beat Dallas 74-3.  🙂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's pretty sad. I know that we all have seen this coming for a while now, but how many eras has this organization had since it has been any good? The Norv Era. The Marty Era. The Spurrier Era. The Gibbs 2.0 Era. The Zorn Era. The Shanahan Pre-RG3 Era. The Shanahan w/RG3 Era. The Gruden Era. The Rivera Era.

Yep. And almost all these sub-eras fall under one era. The Snyder era. Starting this off-season everything,  and I do mean pretty much everything associated with him will finally be finished. ( I digress but hopefully that means our brand too. We need something different not associated totally and solely with him, that doesn't ignore our history, but instead has some sort of connection and incorperates what we were for over eight decades, with what we are going to be from now on.)

The Snyder era will officially be over.

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Yep. And almost all these sub-eras fall under one era. The Snyder era. Starting this off-season everything,  and I do mean pretty much everything associated with him will finally be finished. ( I digress but hopefully that means our brand too. We need something different not associated totally and solely with him, that doesn't ignore our history, but instead has some sort of connection and incorperates what we were for over eight decades, with what we are going to be from now on.)

The Snyder era will officially be over.

Agreed! I really hope the house is completely cleaned and they rebrand completely as well. It would be great if they found a uniform/name concept that harkens back to their roots. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Dallas 30

Washington 10

There's nothing, no redeeming thing, even the division thing, the any given Sunday thing that suggests even a slight chance to win.  We've sat a bunch of guys, we didn't even want Sam playing last week, the defense is historically bad vs a top offense.  Dallas is win and in division title wise. 

I don't think the players usually care about draft position at all.  Maybe this time a few actually do, considering being attractive to the best coaches/GM...maybe...in the back of their minds.  Won't matter though.  We haven't been losing for 2 months on purpose.  Why should this game look any different than Thanksgiving. 

Thankfully, the cowturds need to win this to ensure the no repeat division winner thing that has been going on for almost 2 decades otherwise I'd expect these fools to pull off a completely pointless win.

Cowturds 34

Cowchips 20

I really don't want to predict.  While I can understand that a Dallas victory is the lesser of the two evils -- predicting (or even hoping for) a Dallas victory really grinds my gears. 

Emotionally, after seeing those swaggering Cowboys players on Thanksgiving with that little "celebratory" stunt they pull with the turkey legs, it really makes me want to see Washington pull the upset and ruin Dallas' day.  And then --still while on TV -- celebrate Washington's victory with its own pre-planned turkey celebration ,and finish by tossing the bones at the down-trodden Cowboys.  It'd feel so great and I'm sure I'd save the You-Tube replay , but I suspect I'd eventually regret the consequences, come draft day.

However, when I do rein in my emotions, I don't see how I could reasonably anticipate any kind of Washington upset.  And I can really see all the benefits for Washington's draft position, should Ron lose one last time. (Ron closing out with another loss would be kind of another little perk for losing.)

Bottom line: I'm too torn between these two possible outcomes -- so no prediction from me this week.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Thanks 1