Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

Just now, Jumbo said:

Lamar tied his record best of five yds 

To think my relatives in Maryland were done with that dude last year during his contract disputes and didn't think he was worth the money but they love him now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t. I think they’ve broken him. Sam needs a brand new start elsewhere. Fresh. Where the line can block and he can get some confidence back. 

I have hope for Howell. I don’t have hope for Howell here. He’s cooked.

He should get that here. New everything incoming. New system, teammates, FO, everything bright shiny new, let the next staff evaluate and rebuild his confidence on his rookie deal… whether he’s the projected starter or the backup 

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

We have a lot of money...more coming if we serious about getting rid of certain folks.

I still wanna spend  it elsewhere

In fact to be honest, if we're gonna draft a QB in the first I just want him to start

3 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Are you saying Ron and EB are coming back next year then? With a new GM, HC, OC and better OL and D why can't Sam get his confidence here?

you ever worked a job that just didn’t work out? Maybe it was at Home Depot. You made some mistakes and your coworkers like you decent enough, but your mistakes made it so they don’t take you all that seriously.

You get laid off but Lowe’s calls you. You take the lessons learned and start there and everything just feels better. Your coworkers take you seriously, too.

The change of scenery helps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

That contract is brutal though. 

Depends if serious about taking on a rebuild.

Chargers may be in a similar boat with their cap and Herbert, sometimes you jus have to reset by eating as much dead cap space.

Look how much Denver look ready to take to get on with Russel Wilson...it's jus a restructure for us after that if it's a trade.

I think he's "broken" now here too, but also see reasonable argument for keeping Sam as backup...in the end I can deal with either move.

The Wentz, Heinie, Howell experience for me is primarily just one major indictment, in differing ways, of a horribly coached team under rivera.

• Like 1