Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The 49ers ~ The One Where One Is Golden

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

you ever worked a job that just didn’t work out? Maybe it was at Home Depot. You made some mistakes and your coworkers like you decent enough, but your mistakes made it so they don’t take you all that seriously.

You get laid off but Lowe’s calls you. You take the lessons learned and start there and everything just feels better. Your coworkers take you seriously, too.

The change of scenery helps.

The new FO and HC can also be a change of scenery as well. He has 2 more years here. You keep him as a backup then and can provide a nice security blanket from someone who has been in the league for 2 years and started for 1.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Well, since you open a door there, my take is  you sure don't add much worthwhile content to this board. To me, you're a tolerated presence for the most part, and just barely at that given both your history and your current offerings. 🙂

This stance doesn't really catch me off guard. Your efforts to provoke won't stir things up this time.

I respect the board and like exchanging thoughts, even if we don't see eye to eye.

Why does this particular issue get under your skin? 😄 

9 minutes ago, cougs said:

Look it’s been a bad season. I would like to get rid of the whole team as well, but that is not realistic. Howell may not deserve the starting job but he has done some good things this year for the worst team in football. I think he at least has earned a chance to be the backup, if not compete with another rookie for the starting job. Those thinking we are a qb away from a winning team are delusional. We will be a bad team next year as well. 

I haven’t said we’re going to be good next year. 

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

you ever worked a job that just didn’t work out? Maybe it was at Home Depot. You made some mistakes and your coworkers like you decent enough, but your mistakes made it so they don’t take you all that seriously.

You get laid off but Lowe’s calls you. You take the lessons learned and start there and everything just feels better. Your coworkers take you seriously, too.

The change of scenery helps.

Are you just listing jobs I've sucked at now?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, zCommander said:

The new FO and HC can also be a change of scenery as well. He has 2 more years here. You keep him as a backup then and can provide a nice security blanket from someone who has been in the league for 2 years and started for 1.

Lots of familiar co workers.

I disagree with you. You’re not going to change my point of view. We broke the kid. I want to see him have a chance at success and I think that is elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1