Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

I love how people are trying to sell me on Howell… me… :ols:

Guys who get beat up like he has don’t bounce back in general. It’s hard to shake that. 

I know you've been a Howell supporter. I just don't think his career is ruined because he's been beaten up this year. I don't think he's automatically David Carr. He can bounce back, in my opinion.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ron almost has to start Jacoby the rest of the season.  

The 49ers should beat us anyway because they’re going to be playing for something.

Dallas???? I dunno. 

Ron knows he isn’t keeping his job. So he should have the team do something musical  like run dmc while Ron crosses his arms violently 

• Haha 3

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I know you've been a Howell supporter. I just don't think his career is ruined because he's been beaten up this year. I don't think he's automatically David Carr. He can bounce back, in my opinion.

I hope you’re right. I like him. But I don’t think it happens here.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I would fire Ron and find anyone who will start Sam in the last 2 games. I hate tanking as well but we're two games away and IMO it's insubordinate to not look at these last 2 losses as being tremendously valuable to the future of this team.  If you dont understand how important these next 2 losses are to giving this team a chance to change its trajectory for the future then you should not be in or around the team right now.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KWilliamsAWinfield said:

I am proud of the team today for not giving up and making a big comeback and almost winning the game

Damn right, can’t root for my boys to lose. Just can’t, FO job is to build a winning program, players are supposed to kick ass come game time. NFL draft is April, the execs can deal with it then, next week I want to beat San Fran and I hope we piss on the Cowboys. Watching them win a Superbowl while we’re happy about picking 3rd would be the lowest of lows…

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

I don’t. Ramsey’d QBs never really ever bounce back.

My goal now is to:

1. never see Wylie play on this roster ever again.

2. Protect whoever the new QB is from being Howell’d 

These are good goals. 

And because of this loss the options on the next QB are still open.  

We’ll see if that lasts.  I think there’s a very good chance we could get an uninterested Dallas team again and beat them by mistake.   

Big rooting interest in Dallas wins and Eagles losses today and next week.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Will you stop playing dumb? If you want to root for a short term W at the expense of long term gain, just own that. Say it. But it’s obviously worse for a totally new regime to come in and have to TRADE UP if they want a certain impact player that we could have gotten by standing pat. It also hurts our ability to trade down for a haul, if you prefer that. 

But in short no, it’s not at all just about the ability to draft a QB. We don’t know if the new GM will love one of these guys. But wanting that GM to have more value and every option on the the table is obviously the only correct thing. If you want to irrationally cheer for a W, that’s fine, just own that it’s irrational and don’t try to play it off like it’s not. 

Yes, I'll admit to wanting to win a game.that wont help the rebuild from a draft position standpoint.

I'm not dumb because we disagree with how to rebuild this football team. 

It's a sport, when winning isn't a good thing anymore, it's not a sport anymore, it's business. 

They lost anyway, like I and many predicted.  Wanting to win didn't change that. They clearly not good enough to win this game, I'm not going to make time on Christmas Eve make sure they lose when I don't need to. 

It's not my job as a fan to rebuild this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

These are good goals. 

And because of this loss the options on the next QB are still open.  

We’ll see if that lasts.  I think there’s a very good chance we could get an uninterested Dallas team again and beat them by mistake.   

Big rooting interest in Dallas wins and Eagles losses today and next week.  

We need the Paisan to beat the Eagles at least once

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t. Ramsey’d QBs never really ever bounce back.

My goal now is to:

1. never see Wylie play on this roster ever again.

2. Protect whoever the new QB is from being Howell’d 

He'll be back. He's resilient and we will have new coaches to assist, along with competition and a line

One thing I'll say for Sam - from afar:  if you make smart picks and free agent pickups, Sam might just have some extra motivation to prove himself and he'll have 2 years to do it.  Ok, Sam, we're giving you Marvin Harrison Jr., 4 new linemen, and a shiny, expensive-but-proven TE1 to go along with Terry, Jahan, and our RB by committee.  Up to the challenge?

• Like 1

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

If his that dude he will bounce back if not then oh well. 

Point is it doesn’t matter if he was that dude. Once guys get hit like he has (and struggle on top of it) there really is no precedent that they come back from it. 

I think he’s cooked.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Yes, I'll admit to wanting to win a game.that wont help the rebuild from a draft position standpoint.

I'm not dumb because we disagree with how to rebuild this football team. 

It's a sport, when winning isn't a good thing anymore, it's not a sport anymore, it's business. 

They lost anyway, like I and many predicted.  Wanting to win didn't change that. They clearly not good enough to win this game, I'm not going to make time on Christmas Eve make sure they lose when I don't need to. 

It's not my job as a fan to rebuild this team.

I would never fault a fan for wanting to win a game. But we really NEEDED to lose that game. 

• Like 2