Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Jets ~ The One Where One Gets Grounded

zCommander

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Dude probably scrambles in his living room at random times

That's gotta be one of the funniest things I've ever read here.  It would make a great Southwest Airlines commercial:  "Still scrambling long after the season's over?  Wanna really get away."  They'd probably have to strap him into his seat because if he did anything in flight, it would be intentional grounding.  I feel really bad for Sam.  We all had high hopes for him and he bore the brunt of all our suffering.  At this point, if I'm ownership, I'm cutting everyone I can't trade and I'll take a 7th in 2025 for some guys if that's all that's offered.  Washington should have *nobody* under contract when the draft starts.

• Like 1

Half time crew feels bad for Howell. The commanders are an embarrassment. We were bad as Redskins, no so good as a Football Team and even worse we suck as commanders. I don’t really have words for how much I hate the new name. 

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Imagine. We have another half of this **** fest.  Washington is awful. Take Howell out. What is the point?  The O line is so dysfunctional and the play calling is baffling. Why are they trying to run these long routes? They are not getting any separation. EB has shown he is incapable of adapting or adjusting. 

• Like 1

I never watch the halftime shows, but I was getting kids ready for xmas service, so it was on.  

Phil Simms just kept saying "the Commanders are bad," "They can't protect," " I feel bad for Howell."

Boomer agreed.  

James Brown questioned what else he could do.

They all agreed the protection was terrible.  They probably weren't watching closely enough to realize there have been 8-10 drops. 

What’s wild to me about EB is that he’s made it a point to talk about how Sam has to be decisive to anyone who will listen. 

This week in his presser, he even went out of his way to say that as he knows it may come off poorly, but as OC he knows his play call

is going to work.  Maybe not word for word, but something of that nature.

It felt like he was trying to capitalize off of it being a bad tape week for Sam as he was clearly pressing, seeing ghosts and leaving clean pockets.  But most weeks have been like this week, where the playcalling is hopeless.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome