Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 16 - The Commanders @ The Jets

zCommander

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

On Fantasy Pros, a fantasy football rankings aggregate website, according to 14 experts, Jets defense is 3rd for week 16 and Commanders are 14th.

Oh. I was referring to the waiver wire of my particular league. The highest projected available defense ( of all of the defenses that none of the 8 teams in my league have on their roster) is Washington. We have an 8.0 point projection. Second place is Houstons D vs Cleveland ( 6.9 ) They wrote on there that we have a chance to " shine " defensively vs the Jets. Lol, I'll believe it whenever I see it. We have had FIVE games of negative scores this season.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Holy crap our league doesn't use defense anymore but putting up NEGATIVE scores is just crazy bad.

It's pretty pathetic really. Here are a few of our defensive fantasy scores this year.... negative 6 vs Miami, negative 6 vs Dallas, negative 5 vs Seattle, negative 5 vs Chicago, negative 1 vs Phi ( first game )  0.0 vs Buffalo, positive 2 vs Phi ( second game ), 3 vs NE, and 3 vs LAR. They project us 8 vs NYJ just because NYJ's offense sucks. Yet I have zero confidence in these guys. I picked up Chicago's defense, which has shockingly been outstanding since Montez Sweat showed up. Chicago's D/ST last five games: 8, 9, 15, 15, 15.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Mind boggling. Ron said he would simplify things. Coming out of a bye it should be crystal clear. No other teams I watch blow coverages like we do.  Its obvious Ron is still calling the confusing JDR defense.

Maybe he meant simplify things for himself? Less arm folding, more intense stare 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:29 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't think RR will bench Howell again. 

That's interesting. The people on the Ref the District Podcast were saying some conspiracy theory things that since Wright had already put out the tickets with Howell in it that he didn't want too much video around with Howell looking bad. then the co-host kinda shot that down saying that that would be Wright interfering with the football side of operations. 

But listening to that, I would just think that in after that game, Howell and Ron may have had a talk about it and the impact that benching has on a young guy and using it as a last resort, and he (Howell) doesn't want these last 3 weeks to be a QB roller coaster and an argument of Howell vs Brissett. So you (Ron and EB) need to do what you can to get Howell out of this slump. He (Harris) probably understands that Ron is going up against the upper echilons of defenses and maybe can cut a break and say that the team moved the ball against the Rams and shoulshave had 10-14 points with Howell if we scored that second drive (if that 4th and 1 ball is not batted).

Its not like Howell is doing all bad things. its just that he couldn't seem to have a series of good plays in a row in that third quarter. That deep ball to Terry was beautiful but it was called incomplete so it just goes in incomplete, even though (1) I thought Terry caught it and (2) Terry was interfered with. But before that was a 1 yard run by CRod and a 3 yard scramble by Howell. If Howell gets that completion, you can add 50 yards to his pass yards, so its at 152, that drive doesn't stall. He probably doesn't get that next pic. And we'd be around their 37 in FG range. Again, its not like he had this horrible game.

People are looking strictly at things like QBR and EPA but not the why and questioning what happened each play. That Interception was a bad play, as was that 4th and 1. There were some others that could have been intercepted where the defenders chose to bat the balls down so that improved his numbers. But I don't think we can just look at Howell's boxscore and say he had a bad game (or his worse game) so he should be benched. 

It would only make sense for a team of losers to pretend they're something which they're not (winners) and ruin our draft selection in the process. I don't want them to win for the rest of the season. This is still Snyder's team until the head coach and all the personnel people are kicked to the curb, and each player is evaluated at season's end, so they can get humiliated these last few games or lose some "close ones" just as long as they lose!

Jets 31

Was 17

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 1

Sorry, to those watching Washington's draft position, but if Trevor Siemian starts for the Jets, I think the odds for a Washington victory go up. 

He's really a poor quality QB, with accuracy problems, and turnover issues.  Washington defense may not get tested that much, because a Siemian-led offense will self-implode.

Edited by Wyvern

I also wonder who should get the majority of the snaps at RB. CRob is the likely guy, but I wonder if JWil can get any possibility. I have been pulling for him all yeat and he's finally on the roster. He got some snaps last week and was wide open on that route. That should get him some more playing time. He has history playing well. Hopfully the fact that he is so good as an all around back will keep him on the field and can get him carries. I think he is a better back than both CRob and Gibson. 

This is the hardest game of the season.  It really is possible the Jets are in a worse situation than us.  It might be difficult for us to lose this game.  But we really need to try.  

But I said this before: the best unit on the field is their defense.  If they show up to play, that COULD be enough.

The real question is going to be, which is worse: our defense or their offense.  

I think it's going to be an ugly, low-scoring game.

I just absolutely do NOT want to see Brissett come in at the end to try and get a win.  That's my nightmare scenario.  If they pull Howell and Brissett comes in and looks competent and we win by 3.  Absolutely horrific outcome.  

If Howell does it on his own, ok.  I can live with that.  But let's not try extra hard for a win.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We need Gibson to get all the snaps. Statistically he will fumble a great number of them. 

I want to win this game. I think Williams has an NFL future and hopefully he can audition in a pass catching role as well as seeing holes that aren't really there. 

The draft will do what it does. Maybe it will be like 1983 or maybe it will be like 2010. But my weeks are better when we win 

• Thumb down 1