Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The short list for Time's 2023 Person of the Year

Spaceman Spiff

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

King Charles III

Is that a type of small dog?

Sam Altman? What the **** has he accomplished?

I’d go with Former Twitter/X advertisers as the clear winner.

Cue the outrage from the right that Elon is not the only person under consideration.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Sam Altman would get my vote. 

Too easy, imo.

Hollywood Strikers was the opening Salvo in the real-world impact of AI on entire industries that coulda been redically changed (and not for the better) if they lost...

Sam may end up becoming the face of this new age of AI, but the fight to keep it as a tool versus outright replacing us is the bigger story because that was very real and honestly much sooner then I thought it would be (I though automation would be a bigger threat, but this chatbot technology leapfroged it to keep AI on pace for something we can't ignore while prioritizing climate change this century)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I’ll be fine with that.  I’ll be upset when she wins the NFL MVP. 

If enough Swifties turn into actual football fans because of this, give it to her. 

Word on the street is the numbers are mixed, too early, obvious surge and drop-off from it being new then old.

When is the last time someone who didn't play a sport have such an impact on viewership of said sport?  Whether miniscule, nauseating, or overstated, even having this conversation makes me want to tip my cap to her.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 7:19 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I’ll be fine with that.  I’ll be upset when she wins the NFL MVP. 

My wife was trying to convince me that Travis Kelce "plays better" when Taylor Swift was in attendance. She got mad at me when I informed her that Travis Kelce was already the best TE in the league and a 2x SB winner--that Taylor Swift had no bearing on his performance.

44 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Congrats to Taylor Swift on beating out a plastic doll, a cabbage eating dictator and a shriveled up overrated limey to win person of the year.  Had to have been an enthralling voting process for sure. 

Actual benefit: she's taking the spotlight off douche-extraordinaire, and should-be inmate, Jackson Mahomes

• Like 1