Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This is wild revisionist history.  Those teams had little talent on defense, and they dismantled the offensive talent after 2016.  It was an absolute poop show when Jay was here.  Bruce being cheap, the Scot Mc situation, Dan forcing draft picks.  It’s fair to blame Jay for having bad DC’s but they weren't working with a bevy of talent.

Thats fair on the defensive side of the ball for sure. I am hammered and feeling brutalized after another home blowout. Carry on.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I think the Rodgers hype train needs to die. Dude tore his achilles not even 3 months ago. People actually think he's going to come back from a year-long rehab in 3 months? And for what? The Jets are 4-9 and have no hope of the post season.

Not hyping Rodgers but it was more of a shot at our defense that a one legged Rodgers would be perfectly safe against our D lol......I agree though,  Rodgers ain't coming back this year.  That's a tough injury to come back from at all, especially the older one gets.

10 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

I think the Rodgers hype train needs to die. Dude tore his achilles not even 3 months ago. People actually think he's going to come back from a year-long rehab in 3 months? And for what? The Jets are 4-9 and have no hope of the post season.

Rodgers was never going to come back, because the Jets were never going to be good enough to justify the risk even if he “could”. He’s full of ****, even if he’s ahead on a normal Achilles recovery due to the stem cell injections and such.

But he’s Aaron Rodgers, so he wants to be able to say he “could” have come back if the team had been in the playoff hunt. And bonus points in his mind, he gets bonus points for getting to dunk on modern medicine for reasons that are outside the purview of this forum.  The guy has been revealed to be a raging narcissist. A HOF QB, sure, but a douche. 

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

Rodgers was never going to come back, because the Jets were never going to be good enough to justify the risk even if he “could”. He’s full of ****, even if he’s ahead on a normal Achilles recovery due to the stem cell injections and such.

But he’s Aaron Rodgers, so he wants to be able to say he “could” have come back if the team had been in the playoff hunt. And bonus points in his mind, he gets bonus points for getting to dunk on modern medicine for reasons that are outside the purview of this forum.  The guy has been revealed to be a raging narcissist. A HOF QB, sure, but a douche. 

il_570xN.4774050033_pf2m.jpg.5c5ed29b57c366ec54520b0547d49a13.jpg

Only single ply...it'll tear easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am in WV and can't watch most games.  Tell me, O wise was it mostly on the Oline like it has been or was Howell the problem.  Can this team win with Howell like I think it can and will IF the GM builds our Oline and we have a new OC and the F.O. and HC and coaches are purged from this team, SIP?  I know D wise were we are.  

Why would EB ever run a set with a naked backfield with a young QB like Howell and no offensive line to protect him? This is the dumbest formation we run and he continues to do it. We never run quick slants and rarely if ever run a crossing route by any receiver. I can't believe Howell is still able to play week in and week out. Every time we go naked backfield I tell my wife a sack is coming and it usually happens. Not impressed with EB.

• Like 2

Just now, kingdaddy said:

Why would EB ever run a set with a naked backfield with a young QB like Howell and no offensive line to protect him? This is the dumbest formation we run and he continues to do it. We never run quick slants and rarely if ever run a crossing route by any receiver. I can't believe Howell is still able to play week in and week out. Every time we go naked backfield I tell my wife a sack is coming and it usually happens. Not impressed with EB.

Hes worse than Scott Turner. There I said it.

Turner could at least scheme WRs open and get Terry and Dotson the ball.

• Like 3