Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders vs. The Dolphins ~ The One Where One Is Drowning

zCommander

Besides the playcalling and professionalism and competitiveness, the biggest thing that pops off the screen when watching a game like PHI/SF is the raw athleticism. Our players are not just bad, they’re by and large too small, too slow, too stiff, too hesitant. Looks like an entirely different level of the sport. Layer on the effort and competent playcalling and it’s unrecognizable. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 4

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I liked Ron before this off season as a person.  i still do to some extent.  But as a coach or culture setter he stunk it up here IMO.   I can tell he seems to be concerned about how the fan base will perceive his tenure.  For me, before this off season, I would be OK with his legacy but now i am not.  I think it was cool that we had a nice guy coaching the team while we had a douche owner, but outside of that, I see Ron as a bit of a loser.  

Yep. I wanted to give him this season, a season without the Snyder stink and constant meddling. A season to only focus on football. He **** the bed and was kind of a prick about everything to boot. Time for a reset.

• Like 2

Ron has gaslit everyone into thinking it takes 4-5 years to build that kind of culture while we see teams doing it in two with hints at it from the start. Meanwhile, he's actually created a team for which mediocrity would be an improvement.

He has to know he's a dead man walking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Besides the playcalling and professionalism and competitiveness, the biggest thing that pops off the screen when watching a game like PHI/SF is the raw athleticism. Our players are not just bad, they’re by and large too small, too slow, too stiff, too hesitant. Looks like an entirely different level of the sport. Layer on the effort and competent playcalling and it’s unrecognizable. 

It's especially evident in the secondary

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ron is out. Not sure how any of you guys can listen to his pressers anymore considering how much you all hate him and how awful we played today. Bunch of masochists on here (duh 😆).

I’m certainly disappointed that the season has gone the way it has, I was enjoying watching Sam Howell play. Now it’s hard to even do that.

Bright side is that if you’re gonna implode, it’s better to do so in spectacular fashion (boy…we are on a roll there). Let’s hope for a couple of Cardinals victories and for Dallas to be playing for something in our last game. 

This too shall pass (doubt it).

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's what happens when among other things you don't do a mix of very little every off season, compounded by mistakes, and bad coaching.  

Kinda surprised he uttered this out loud (not because I’m surprised he would say something that makes him look bad—because I’m surprised he has the self-awareness to see it so clearly) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's what happens when among other things you don't do a mix of very little every off season, compounded by mistakes, and bad coaching.  

He's disappointed? Imagine how the folks paying hundreds of bucks to go to these clownshows feel. He is getting paid a half a million dollars per week to orchestrate this clownshow. Disgusting. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Conn said:

Kinda surprised he uttered this out loud (not because I’m surprised he would say something that makes him look bad—because I’m surprised he has the self-awareness to see it so clearly) 

Sometimes he just blurts things out without factoring how it makes him look.  Many examples of this, my favorite was him explaining why he wasn't high on Herbert or Tua during that draft. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I heard that too, just threw him right under the bus. He's probably losing the coaching staff in addition to the players.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It wasn't odd. 

But don't watch it.

I watched it.  Quickly. 

I’ll have more to say later but my overall impression is once we were down by 10 points they stopped trying to win the game and started trying to get the game over as quickly as possible.

The commitment to the run should make all the run the ball numb nuts happy.  

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I watched it.  Quickly. 

I’ll have more to say later but my overall impression is once we were down by 10 points they stopped trying to win the game and started trying to get the game over as quickly as possible.

The commitment to the run should make all the run the ball numb nuts happy.  

You watched it and you took away that they were committed to running and not committed to keeping Miami under 90 points?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Follow up should have been asking if the coaches have lost the locker room. Allen would have said no. But he's basically admitting it here. Maybe he would have said something that doesn't deny it. 

Either way, it's lost. He sounds done with Rivera completely. 

• Like 1