Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rappaport, Jack Del Rio/ Vieselmeyer Fired. Ron will run defense for rest of Season

Reaper Skins

I gotta echo Stephen A Smith's comments though: Ron Rivera has had 1 winning season in the past 8.  ONE.

At what point do you look around and realize the real problem is YOU.  

If coaches were going to be fired today, Ron, unequivocally should have been amongst them.  

Also: is the next HC going to be hired based upon the condition that he has to develop Sam?  Or are they going to get the best HC they can find?

It better be the latter.  The entire team comes first.  There's no way I'm confining my next HC to having to develop the incumbent.  I want the best damn HC prospect there is.  PERIOD.  If Sam is to his liking, fine.  If not, then I have no problem with it.  TEAM FIRST.

Edited by Redwards
  • Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

If we had like a sean mcvay on the defensive staff champing at the bit to get his chance this could give us a little bump but we don't, we have the same guy who has overseen the assembly of this disaster for the last 4 years taking over.

If anything it could actually get worse if that's possible. 

Edited by redskinss

Perhaps evaluating the defensive players and position coaches was too difficult with Del Rio calling the shots. This is a way to get film on the players with some different playcalling. It'll be interesting to see how Ron coaches 'em up, whether it's any different.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Ron taking over the defense is the only move to make.  

But who’s going to coach the secondary?

Is Ron doing a “day after the game” presser?

I do think this basically ensures Ron is here through the end of the season.  If he’s fired at this point, the defense is basically going ri have to coach themselves because it would be down the original coordinator, replacement coordinator and the secondary coach. 

They’re running out of bodies.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I do think this basically ensures Ron is here through the end of the season.  If he’s fired at this point, the defense is basically going ri have to coach themselves because it would be down the original coordinator, replacement coordinator and the secondary coach. 

This is why he decided to do it now, and not after getting embarrassed by Buffalo.  He's only doing it to save his own skin.  Why people cannot see that and think this is something worthy of jubilant celebration is beyond me.  No celebrating until the entire staff (and all of that cancer Snyder hired) are gone.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hazel-Ra said:

Have we forgotten Manusky and Haslett? 

Joe Barry is the worst DC in rhe history of the NFL and it’s not that close.  

How the hell we went from Haz to Barry to Manusky to Del Rio is wild.

At least Del Rio had 2 years where the defense ended well.  None of the rest of them can say that.  

Low bar but Del Rio is the best of the worst. 

Glad he’s gone though I’m not sure I care that much about the timing 

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 2