Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Giant L, Again, to the Giants. Did I say Again, yet? Again.

KDawg

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why we don't give Leno help against Thibs mind boggles me. Did we not have tape of the two ass kickings that happened last year?

This coaching staff man good grief

It took about 7 games of data for them to use some quick game. At this rate it'd take us half way through the 2025 season for us to adapt to the Giants.

Our coaching groups are awful, and whatever staff analyzes data and tape are also awful...or have so little input they're meaningless.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

It took about 7 games of data for them to use some quick game. At this rate it'd take us half way through the 2025 season for us to adapt to the Giants.

Our coaching groups are awful, and whatever staff analyzes data and tape are also awful...or have so little input they're meaningless.

Meanwhile Daboll literally changes to a quick pass scheme in the 2nd quarter after the 5 first quarter sacks.

Coaching matters.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Why we don't give Leno help against Thibs mind boggles me. Did we not have tape of the two ass kickings that happened last year?

This coaching staff man good grief

They did give him help. But at some point Leno has to block him. He didn’t.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have a soda steam at home and make seltzer water daily and add it to my juice.

I actually rarely drink soda.  Most often it’s soda water with a slice of lime.  

I'm coming in here late and haven't had the chance to read all the posts, but is this soda talk some sort of coping mechanism for this team’s pathetic play this season?

Will read the prior posts to hopefully find out. Fun.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Duh.

What’s been done at FedEx is lipstick on a pig with a little mascara.  My last time there was in 2017 and it looks and feels miles better since that time.  Still pales in comparison to any other modern stadium.

At this point they ought to just go ahead and demo Fed Ex Field and play their home games at Byrd Stadium (UofM) until the new stadium can be built.  If I recall correctly the visitor’s side at Byrd holds more people also so it will be just like now.  I’m only half kidding.  

I will be overjoyed when that monstrosity Fed Ex gets knocked down.  Been mostly misery since it was built.  26 years of disappointment and embarrassment with few exceptions.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Giants are just better all around. Better o-line, linebackers, secondary, tight ends, running back, receivers tend to get open more than ours. They've suffered this season with horrible QB play (except against us).  They are a QB and WR away from being very good.  They will take either Williams, Maye, or Nix.  

We have a long ways to go.  This team needs a complete rebuild starting with o-line and linebackers.  Everything is on the table.  I'm a big Howell fan, but I seriously mean everything. 

i don’t agree , there roster a joke and unfortunately our coaching staff keeps making them look good . They have one of the worst rosters in the nfl and it’s evident by there record

2 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

i don’t agree , there roster a joke and unfortunately our coaching staff keeps making them look good . They have one of the worst rosters in the nfl and it’s evident by there record

Yeah fr the Giants roster is trash outside of Barkley, Thomas, and a couple DL. But theyre well coached and know how to beat us.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Or coaches suck.

But I will add that I am very tired of a fair portion of this roster. I could probably list less than a handful of players I would really want to see back in 2024. Thereafter, not sure I care. 

Blow the whole thing up and start over.

We should have traded more players at the deadline. Even for late day 3 picks…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Commander202 said:

Respect your opinion, but not sure what you are seeing. We have the 31st ranked defense in the league. We made noodle arm DeVito look like a franchise QB with wide open receivers and missed tackling. Our secondary and linebackers are trash. Worst in the NFL. 

Offense is hard to judge with how bad our o-line is. I would take the Giants backup tackles over our starters. Obviously Waller over Thomas, Barkley over Robinson. Wide receiver is a tie.  

The truth can be hard to accept, but this team sucks!!!

Keim on the Junkies

It would have looked bad if they fired Rivera early. Keim asked around about it with agents of perspective coaches who are trying to get a feel for Harris. And the coaches agent thought it would be a bad look. 

Now Keim thinks they might consider firing Rivera if they get blown out by Dallas 

Mentioned again needing to upgrade the O line 

Secondary’s issues are partly about they struggle to communicate with each other. There is no guy in the bsck who is good at directing aka Ed Reed

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

I'm coming in here late and haven't had the chance to read all the posts, but is this soda talk some sort of coping mechanism for this team’s pathetic play this season?

Will read the prior posts to hopefully find out. Fun.

There really isn’t anything more to say about the pitiful performance of the football team.

The conversation was related, however:

1. started with a post about a $100 bill for 2 burgers

2. @MartinC said he went to 5 Guys and spent $33.

3. I said I order a Diet Coke and eat fries (this is a joke). Also posted a link about Mark Moseley being in charge of franchising for 5 Guys.

4. @MartinC said he lives it when a person ordered a whole bunch of food + Diet Coke.

5. conversation devolved into discussion of sodas. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Or coaches suck.

But I will add that I am very tired of a fair portion of this roster. I could probably list less than a handful of players I would really want to see back in 2024. Thereafter, not sure I care. 

Blow the whole thing up and start over.

We should have traded more players at the deadline. Even for late day 3 picks…

The thing is that there are guys like Terry, Jon Allen, and Payne who are worth keeping and are guys that you can build around.  The problem is that Rivera and the FO never constructed the roster correctly to compliment those players.  Their drafts outside of guys like BRob, have been an abject disaster.  They need a good GM and then that guy will find a good HC who will motivate and coach these players properly.  

Edited by NoVaSkins21

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim on the Junkies

It would have looked bad if they fired Rivera early. Keim asked around about it with agents of perspective coaches who are trying to get a feel for Harris. And the coaches agent thought it would be a bad look. 

Now Keim thinks they might consider firing Rivera if they get blown out by Dallas 

Mentioned again needing to upgrade the O line 

Secondary’s issues are partly about they struggle to communicate with each other. There is no guy in the bsck who is good at directing aka Ed Reed

I know he isn't a DB but I wonder how Holcomb's departure might have upset the apple cart. Last year he seemed to have grown into the leader of the defense and making many of the calls

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There really isn’t anything more to say about the pitiful performance of the football team.

The conversation was related, however:

1. started with a post about a $100 bill for 2 burgers

2. @MartinC said he went to 5 Guys and spent $33.

3. I said I order a Diet Coke and eat fries (this is a joke). Also posted a link about Mark Moseley being in charge of franchising for 5 Guys.

4. @MartinC said he lives it when a person ordered a whole bunch of food + Diet Coke.

5. conversation devolved into discussion of sodas. 

You're a champion. Never forget that. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That's scheme. If it's players, that's still on the guys who picked these players. But come on. It keeps happens with different players here, and different players on the other sideline. Like our guys aren't even in a position or make a play before the snap.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That's scheme. If it's players, that's still on the guys who picked these players. But come on. It keeps happens with different players here, and different players on the other sideline. Like our guys aren't even in a position or make a play before the snap.

My thought process is:

If guys are wide open against zone coverage, that's mostly coaching. 

If guys just get beat straight up man to man, that's mostly players, although coaching can alleviate that(i.e. not putting Forbes on AJ Brown). 

Its mostly scheme on defense. Guys just don't know what they're supposed to do. Coach em up better.

RH 3MF'ers

Good

• Front 4 - hey they got those sacks finally. FU Chase! I assume JDR finally unleashed the DTs and let them shoot gaps. He must have. 
  • BRob - them hands - 9 targets! Another game showing he can be an all down back. Should be an all down back.
  • Tress Way with his glorious hands is probably sleepless before games knowing he has Cheeseman and ShankSlye to cover for.

Bad

• JDR / Front 5 - The giants ran wide on JDRs late game front 5 - imagine that. I miss the 4-3's simplicity. Why would any OC run into a wall and biggest studs on D? Sure enough Barkley gashed it easily with only Forbes in his way lol. Gave up 24 to a **** team on a day our offense failed via turnovers and thus needed to attack even more and try to generate our own. No turnovers on those 9 sacks but maybe it was DeVito clutching the ball like Dad's remote after dinner. JDR should be in the non-existent hot water for his confusing scheme.
  • Turnovers - Sam "Pinball" Howell putting too much on his plate trying to save this franchise running into defenders like Csonka, and forcing throws. Fumbles happen but damn.
  • EB - got away from quick passing successes, exposing Sam and our woeful OL. A few too many run plays when we needed 2 scores but can see why he may have tried to stop Sam from getting pummeled further.  Receivers ending up in the same spot on choice points to coaching. Having "Drops" Dyami in at critical times. 11 different manders catching balls wasn't enough to fool the Giants.

Mehgly

• Harris still refusing to at least make a smok'in Al token coaching change. Fire the OL coach. JDR. JDR Jr.  DB coach.  Sure, he seems committed to doing nothing this year and I get it but really don't see the benefit of seeing his teams best young assets subjected to such terrible coaching. It cannot be good for the young guys on D development. Ron should have told EB - PROTECT SAM much sooner if he did at all. Harris can't let arms crossed Ron ruin Sam. Harris has to be the adult in the room.
  • Shout out to Curtis "The Hitman" Samuel.
  • Its just another misery monday. We are veterans and will all be tuned in to get slaughtered like a turkey by Dallas.

Edited by RandyHolt

It's going to be 3-4 years (maybe) before we have a product we can count on to be AT LEAST consistently "competitive." Maybe never... and if I'm judging from the last THIRTY YEARS, I'd have to  feel kinda confident going with never. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

It's going to be 3-4 years (maybe) before we have a product we can count on to be AT LEAST consistently "competitive." Maybe never... and if I'm judging from the last THIRTY YEARS, I'd have to  feel kinda confident going with never. 

It does not take that long to be good. Look at the Texans. If you get the right guys at coach and QB, you can win right away.

• Like 4