Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

18 minutes ago, Redd said:

Without the kids this was me going to the Bears game. I was done going to a home game this year after that.

Same here.  At halftime I nearly kissed my 3rd cousin for scheduling a family reunion during this game.  I dared to believe this week and would have gone if not for the reunion.  Another $300 or higher blown to watch a dumpster fire.  

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

huh? I’m talking about doing what everyone else does. A “qualified and coveted GM candidate” is what I said. That’s a current Assistant GM, a VP of Player Personnel, a Director of College Scouting. Whatever. Someone qualified and pedigreed who has spent time around the best GM’s and hasn’t yet had the chance to be the #1 in an organization. The same pool of guys every other team starting over every offseason interviews and looks to hire. 

Yeah, you don’t always choose right. There is no such thing as a sure thing. I’m talking about just having a NORMAL interviewing and hiring process like other franchises. The teams that successfully turn it around and rebuild from futility into competitiveness, that’s what they do. That’s what we’ve never done in my lifetime. 

I agree with the concept, in theory. However, most GM's hire coaches and people that they have a relationship with- despite how successful, those coaches and front office individuals have been. It also goes the other way: coaches hired at a new organization, often bring in people they're familiar with( despite the track record of said people). The takeaway? crapshoot.

I'm not convinced this "model" is really that successful.  However, it is certainly worth a try, for the Commanders organization.

Our previous model's haven't worked, despite having HOF pedigree coaches(Gibbs, Shannahan) and young, talented coaches( Sean McVay, K Shannahan, Mike McDaniels, Matt Lefluer)

I know Snyder receives a lot of disdain(well earned), but it is hilarious how many quality coaches he brought in, to the organization. Incredible. 

17 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Exactly, they have 23 more games to evaluate him before making a decision. They are not going to have a better option for 24.

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Exactly, they have 23 more games to evaluate him before making a decision. They are not going to have a better option for 24.

Agree, And 2 full seasons is probably the perfect amount of time to decide if your QB is the guy or not in the modern NFL. 

4 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

Same here.  At halftime I nearly kissed my 3rd cousin for scheduling a family reunion during this game.  I dared to believe this week and would have gone if not for the reunion.  Another $300 or higher blown to watch a dumpster fire.  

I spent about the same, but got to see a win...it's my last yolo, glad I came home happy.  

Left after Sam’s first pick in the 4th quarter.

Listened to the postgame on the way home, and man - Ron doesn’t even sound dejected.  Just more of his usual post-loss “opportunity to learn” BS.  

It’s like he doesn’t even have a pulse.  If I was leading a team that performed like this, you’d have to pull me up off the floor and prop me up in front of the podium.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Listened to the postgame on the way home, and man - Ron doesn’t even sound dejected.  Just more of his usual post-loss “opportunity to learn” BS.  

It’s like he doesn’t even have a pulse.

He's not a complete idiot. At this point, he must know he's toast. He may have already been told they're going to be moving in a different direction. Either way, it's pretty obvious he's done here, and wholesale change is on the horizon.

I'm not surprised he doesn't seem to give a ****. He's probably going to ride off into retirement and enjoy his mega millions. If I were him, I wouldn't have a care in the world either.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s like he doesn’t even have a pulse.  If I was leading a team that performed like this, you’d have to pull me up off the floor and prop me up in front of the podium.

Yeah I get it, only so much he can say though. Nothing he says at this point going to satisfy the fan base. Reality is we, as a fan base, are stuck with this **** until after the final game. It's frustrating as he'll but unfortunately that's where we are it.

53 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I think Sam has shown enough to be the guy for at least another season on a rookie deal. Need to continue to evaluate for sure though.

Agree.  Sheehan has been back and forth about Howell so I don't care about his take on that.  But I did care about Rivera because Sheehan is plugged in

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Now I’ll give Jay credit.  That’s funny.  

It's amusing that Jay is trolling Ron. 

27 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think he knows he's done here in Washington, and is just riding the schedule out.

Edited by SkinsGuy

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan is plugged in with someone close to Rales 

My super huge bet is it’s Howard Gutman.  He’s been on Kevin’s show for years, Galdi’s as well.  

I think he texted Galdi and has been feeding info to Kevin.

Im not entirely sure how Howard and Mitch are close (I can’t remember, maybe at Harvard at the same time?) but they’ve been friends for years.  

It could be somebody else but if we’re connecting dots,  those dots are connected 

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's amusing that Jay is trolling Ron. 

It is.  And I’m fine with it.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep I was at the Monday Night Massacre game eons beck too

I am good luck for road games though. 5 wins in a row on the road 😀

I went to 18 straight regular season home losses from 1995-ish through 2024.  

The game that broke the streak was a Gibbs II win against Miami I believe.

I was at the 1999 home playoff game against Detroit which we won.