Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ The Commanders vs. The Giants - A Giant Opportunity!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Can't have it both ways on Howell, I agree he's got a lot of volume because of playcalling, more then I liked, but its given him a chance to warp speed his experience and he's getting better game by game because of it.  I don't like it but it's working.

And if defense gets worse under Rivera leading defense with JDR fired, wouldn't that help us get higher draft pick then what we on track for? That sounds like win win for many of us.

I absolutely can have it both ways on Howell, sorry. The tons of pass attempts are helping him put a ton on tape but it’s only “working” because he’s already got it. The actual scheme, personnel usage, and playcalling of the offense (I’m NOT just talking about run vs pass here) as well as play sequencing are making his life harder, not easier. The huge volume of attempts and looks he’s seeing out of defenses are the silver lining. But again, only because he’s actually good. EB doesn’t get credit for Howell’s “development” outside the raw volume stats from passing so much imo.