Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 hours ago, RWJ said:

7 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Blough was a QB in Arizona with Kingsbury.  Maybe brought in to help teach the scheme?

It looks like he was also on Detroit's roster/practice squad from Aug 2019 through Aug 2022, and their practice squad all last year. I'd guess he has a good grasp of that offense as well.

Edited by SkinsNatsFan
  • Like 3

Quinn has done a helluva job assembling a coaching staff. Now it's up to Peters to go get the players in free agency and the draft. I always believed great coaching can get the best out of the players they have and can get the team to outperform expectations. But if Peters could match Quinn in acquiring players the way Quinn acquired coaches then we could be a very good football team- not in a year or 2 or 3 years, but now.   

• Like 6

7 hours ago, NYSkins21 said:

Was thinking the same. But something tells me DQ knows it won’t be a problem and everyone will know their role and be focused on one goal. Probably a reason he brought them in in the first place.

Cant imagine Johnson would have been able to keep all these alpha coaches in line (not that he could have recruited them). Really think even if he interviewed he never would have been offered the job over Quinn.

Todays presser going to take 3 hours by the time they introduce all the new coaches.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, fearlessNelms said:

Quinn has done a helluva job assembling a coaching staff. Now it's up to Peters to go get the players in free agency and the draft. I always believed great coaching can get the best out of the players they have and can get the team to outperform expectations. But if Peters could match Quinn in acquiring players the way Quinn acquired coaches then we could be a very good football team- not in a year or 2 or 3 years, but now

I think this coaching staff is going to make free agents want to consider Washington a whole lot more. 

• Like 4

“National Football League, not for long,” Pierce said when Clark asked him what happened with Kingsbury. “So, you’re right; I thought we had a guy, but not for long. Til you put pen to paper, that’s the one thing I’ve learned. No different than in free agency. Teams are recruiting, and things are going on. Listen, Magic Johnson is pretty good. I guess he can still dish it out a little bit. If I’m losing to Magic, I’m ok with that. At the end of the day, if it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be. That’s fine.”

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Going Commando said:

It's surreal how many talented people want to work here.  They're straight making up coaching jobs now just to get anyone with football expertise on the payroll.

Building the pipeline of coaching talent for sustained success.  

• Like 3

Excellent resumes all over the place on this coaching staff for sure. The ceiling for this group could be amazing, HOWEVER, they do need to gel and learn to work with one another and translate that to a singular message they bring to the all of the players or this thing could end up being a clusterf** like it was in Carolina last season. 

That being said, I am really excited to see if Kingsbury (a hire I am skeptical of) and Lynn + Johnson are able to marry the Kingsbury passing concepts that are his forte' with the west coast run concepts they have helped cultivate over the years.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

41 minutes ago, Bantu said:

Excellent resumes all over the place on this coaching staff for sure. The ceiling for this group could be amazing, HOWEVER, they do need to gel and learn to work with one another and translate that to a singular message they bring to the all of the players or this thing could end up being a clusterf** like it was in Carolina last season. 

That being said, I am really excited to see if Kingsbury (a hire I am skeptical of) and Lynn + Johnson are able to marry the Kingsbury passing concepts that are his forte' with the west coast run concepts they have helped cultivate over the years.  

2 of the reasons things failed in Carolina:

1) Tepper had a major hand in pulling the staff together and that included keeping holdovers from the prior staff. He would have 1:1s with those holdovers and undermined Reich

2) They got QB wrong and offense was ultimately anemic. Their defense was actually solid last year given the context of the offense. They are keeping Evero around

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, method man said:

2) They got QB wrong and offense was ultimately anemic. Their defense was actually solid last year given the context of the offense. They are keeping Evero around

The offense was certainly a mess - such a mess that its impossible to evaluate the QB position. Way early to say they got that pick wrong but given how well Stroud played and the issues Young had I can certainly see why it looks like a mistake. If The Panthers had picked Stroud I doubt he'd have looked like he did with the Texans - whats around a QB matters so much to their success/development.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

David Blough is a genius move. Not only is he Assistant QB Coach but he can serve as the 4th string QB (only 28 years old now) and come in if we're in dire straights with injuries. He know's Kliff's offense and had a game winning drive for Arizona vs the Broncos. And I remember him in Detroit and I think fans there liked him in his limited time.

• Like 2

I don't have any issues keeping the Marties around. GMAP is a first time GM, and there is so much more to being GM than just scouting draft prospects. Its good to have a couple well respected, experienced guys around to help with some of those duties.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, slinky said:

David Blough is a genius move. Not only is he Assistant QB Coach but he can serve as the 4th string QB (only 28 years old now) and come in if we're in dire straights with injuries. He know's Kliff's offense and had a game winning drive for Arizona vs the Broncos. And I remember him in Detroit and I think fans there liked him in his limited time.

He wont be on the 53 or practice squad. Wont be eligible to play.

He could be added at some stage I guess - but if we get to that point things have gone very very badly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1