Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Adam Peters conversation with Martin Mayhew, a dramatic representation:

Adam Peters: So, Martin , can you explain how you came up with the idea of drafting an 88lb DB in the first round?

Martin Mayhew: Adam, my good chum, that was Ron.  I told him he was an idiot, and then he Jack and Marty did what they wanted.

AP: Oh, I see.  Well, can you tell me about the process to sign Nick Gates, and undersized center who wasn't really good at playing Center coming off a significant injury?

MM: Adam, my guy, you see that was Ron.  He likes older, injured players on the offensive line who aren't very good.  I can't really explain why, but he does.

AP: Interesting.  So, is that the same from Andrew Wylie?  

MM: Adam, my good chum ... Actually, no.  You see, Eric Beinnemy told us that Eric Beinnemy wanted to sign a player who was familiar with his system, and the Chiefs are too smart to let good players go for nothing, so he signed a bad player they wanted to get rid of.  

AP: Right, Coach Reid has played this organization for fools for 15 years.  Got it.  

MM: Adam, my dear fellow, how do you think we ended up with EB in the first place?

AP: That is a very good point.  Ok. moving on.  It seems like picking a player to compete for a starting job on the OL would have been a good idea in rounds one or two.  Why did you all pick 2 defensive backs?

MM: Adam, my good friend, I see your confusion.  Let me help clear it up.  Ron really wanted to pick defensive backs. Marty asked me to go fill the coffee right when our pick was made, and when I cam back, we had drafted a backup safety.  I was told it was because Cam Kurl could get hurt.

AP: I thought that's why they drafted Percy Butler?

MM: I think they forgot about that. It had been a year.  Ron's not so good with remembering who's on the roster.  

AP: (shakes head).  Ok then, but in the third round, you drafted a center.  But you already had signed a FA starting center in Gates, and a backup center in Larson.  Can you explain the thought process there?

MM: But of course!!! Ron thought it would be a good idea to draft players who might start in 2-3 years.   

AP: But he knew he had to win sooner than that, right?

MM: I'm actually not sure he knew that...

AP: So, is there anything you really can tell me I don't already know?

MM: Of course!  Somewhere around April of last year, I decided to switch the office to Starbucks coffee from Foldiers in the coffee machines.  It was a real hit!

AP: Martin, thanks.  Good talk.

MM: Of course! Anytime.

The End. 

The real story here is they still charged for the coffee!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Ive worked construction all around the Boston area for the last ten years.

We may have met at some point.

So...  there is a good chance you guys work for different companies.

I've seen enough movies of guys w/ Boston accents.

staring-press.gif.0f7bcb045a76f8294aa458cd68a6c1fb.gif

Can't say I know much about our new Asistant GM Newmark. He was in detroit for 20+ years, through all the lowest lows and their highest highs. How much of their prior failures, or recent successes, fall on him? Hard to say.

Overall, I like the staff Quinn has assembled. Seems like a light and day improvement over Rivera's crew.

• Like 2

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

Can't say I know much about our new Asistant GM Newmark. He was in detroit for 20+ years, through all the lowest lows and their highest highs. How much of their prior failures, or recent successes, fall on him? Hard to say.

Overall, I like the staff Quinn has assembled. Seems like a light and day improvement over Rivera's crew.

There will be no questioning of any hires made by current administration. Thank You.😁

• Haha 3

Love what Quinn is doing with his staff and the hiring of Lynn very well might be the assistant coach hire of the off-season. Lynn is a very good coach who wasn't a bad head coach with the Chargers. The Chargers lost a bunch of close games they should've won when Lynn was there and while he has to take some of the blame for that, the bottom line is the guy had a winning record as a head coach. I don't know what went wrong in his one year as OC in Detroit when he was fired by Campbell after one season, but I'll credit it to maybe a clash in offensive philosophies between him and Campbell.  

Although Kingsbury is the OC and will be the primary play caller, I would think that Lynn is essentially going to be a Co- Offensive Coordinator and will have a lot to say in the offensive game plan on game day. It almost feels like Lynn is over qualified to be just a RB coach. I mean, how many teams have a RB coach with a winning record as a HC? Great hire! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1