Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

We knew that Jerrah was only interviewing RR because of the Rooney Rule.  That's what I think,  Now, hopefully we get the LB coach from Dallas and Harris if Quinn wants to bring them in.  

Aden Durde would have been enough for the Rooney Rule 

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I am hoping now that Zimmer is HC of Dallas, if Whitt wants a reunion with Scott McCurley, Dallas's current LB coach it can happen.  

You can have them all except Al!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Aden Durde would have been enough for the Rooney Rule 

You can have them all except Al!

Outside chance we get Al but he said some heavy words about following Quinn wherever he went to. Does he stay in Dallas or come to Washington?  We shall see. Also, I think 2 minority outside candidates need to interview for coordinator coaching positions (DC and OC), thus the RR interview.  Check it out. 

Edited by RWJ

Not holding my breath for further Dallas assistants, but it will obviously depend on what Zimmer/McCarthy/Jerruh wants to do. as Zimmer hasn't been coaching for a few years, I suspect he just keeps whoever is still on staff for continuity purposes

And yes, clubs must interview at least two minorities and/or women for all coordinator positions.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, lavar1156 said:

These coach lifers dont have any other hobbies. All they know is coaching. It's why they dont want to retire.

Right. All these guys spent their entire lives away from their families for 18 hours a day, 300 days a year. Thinking they want to change that in their 60’s is hilarious. 

Some very few are able to step outside their careers, get perspective, and go enjoy the quiet life. But it’s rare imo. A lot of these guys who used to be big names in the NFL make their millions, wash out of the league, and still end up coaching in the XFL for gods sake. They won’t retire unless people refuse to hire them, for the most part. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So he’s saying that all the offensive coaches for an NFL team need to be on the same page. 

Groundbreaking analysis there. Riveting. 

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, SpacePenguin said:

It'd be pretty cool if they'd hired any coach that didn't come from ****in' Dallas. I don't give a **** about Ben Johnson or Steve Penis, but come on. Steal coaches from anyone outside of the division.

I guess we'll see. I'm halfway disinterested outside of a rebrand, anyway. Red Stronk Independent Minority Lesbians has a nice ring to it.

I'll take Kingsbury over Turner/Bienemyyyyi? but that's a low ****in' bar.

All the fluff about Jimmy Peters or whoever is overblown, too. "He stares like he values other peoples' opinions and has a burning fire for success".  Okay, ES.....he's a case of Coors Lite from Vinny/McGlowingshoe/Bruce Shinyteeth like all the others.

This doesn't seem much different from the last 25 years to me, but whatever. I hate this franchise as much as I ever loved it.

Cheers? :)

Dan, put down the Crown Royal and step away from the keyboard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I listen to Mark Bullock on the Galdi podcast.  

Interestingly, I often enjoy his analysis but question his conclusions.

He’s not entirely wrong, the concern is more of the coaches all have to learn the offense before they can teach it to the players.  

But I think it’s going to be ok. 

I do think so too. This FO has a vision, a strategy for the team. I believe Peters anc Co made sure those coaches will fit together, by the start of training camp we'll have an army of one. The last piece of this puzzle will be to beef up the scouting department after the draft.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

image.thumb.png.c1deb941fde5d85b12d1210f686a957d.png

Cole Popovich

Age 38

Popovich coached at the collegiate level for 5 seasons, working in various colleges such as Los Angeles Valley, Fresno City, Utah State, and Minot State before joining the Patriots' staff in 2016. He was part of the Patriots coaching staff that won Super Bowl LI. In the game, the Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 34–28 in overtime. Popovich won his second Super Bowl title when the Patriots defeated the Los Angeles Rams in Super Bowl LIII. In 2020 it was announced that he would become the co-offensive line coach with Carmen Bricilloin order to replace Dante Scarnecchia.

On July 23, 2021, despite Bill Belichick desiring to keep Popovich on his offensive staff, it was reported that Popovich would not be coaching for the Patriots in 2021 due to reasons relating to the COVID-19 vaccine.

Popovich was hired by Jon Sumrall at Troy in January, 2022 to be the offensive line coach for the Trojans.

On February 23, 2023, Popovich was hired by the Houston Texans to be their Assistant offensive line coach.

https://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches-roster/cole-popovich

10 hours ago, dunfer said:

bunch of grandpas in dallas

Hey, I resemble that remark!!! 😜

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MartinC said:

Ron should just retire. He’s 62 made more money than he can spend had health issues. Just go enjoy yourself. 

Nope, he should be hired by Jerruh to screw up their team.

landover-maryland-jerry-jones-owner-of-t

Edited by FrFan
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

This is interesting considering Reaves is a free agent.

For the most part teams have been good with Kaczor.  I can't blame him on the long-snapping issues.  That was probably Ron trying to save face for the draft pick.  Way is Way, and Slye is solid with a big leg.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Not heard much talk reference Special Teams coaches. Anyone hearing anything ref the D line staff?

Nothing yet but Jeff Zgonina (current dline coach) was with SF prior to joining Washington so there may be a Peter's connection thing going on there.

We'll see....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Apparently Pats fans love Popovich so seems like hed be a coup

I mean, the poster on that Pats message board that someone posted here called him “Pureblood Popovich” in relation to the reason why he was willing to stop pursuing his NFL coaching dream in 2021–that we cannot talk about in this forum. So there’s at least some sketchy non-football component to why some of those Pats fans love this guy. I live in Boston. I know the type of fan. 

So it’s at least something to consider. I think his work with the Texans probably shows he is indeed a good coach. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

I mean, the poster on that Pats message board that someone posted here called him “Pureblood Popovich” in relation to the reason why he was willing to stop pursuing his NFL coaching dream in 2021–that we cannot talk about in this forum. So there’s at least some sketchy non-football component to why some of those Pats fans love this guy. I live in Boston. I know the type of fan. 

So it’s at least something to consider. I think his work with the Texans probably shows he is indeed a good coach. 

I don't think it's sketchy. Millions of wonderful people chose to go the same route he did. In the current NFL it's a non issue. I wouldn't have any problem welcoming him here as oline coach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2