Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, redskinss said:

For the people who desperately wanted someone from the Shanahan tree, kingsbury did play for mike Shanahan in Denver for a year so there's at least some connection.

An Air Raid Zone Blocking scheme would be something.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, triggered said:

An Air Raid Zone Blocking scheme would be something.

The biggest problem with the air raid (in my opinion, as he runs it) is that almost all plays are from shotgun. Which makes it easier to diagnose run/pass and bring pressure. 

These offenses usually struggle in the red zone due to the lack of physicality (people hated Longo’s red zone offense at UNC and Ole Miss despite his overall numbers).

Brian Robinson’s days here are probably over. I don’t see him fitting the new scheme so we can add RB to our laundry list of needs (I already had it on my list but further down than I do now 😆). 

14 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The biggest problem with the air raid (in my opinion, as he runs it) is that almost all plays are from shotgun. Which makes it easier to diagnose run/pass and bring pressure. 

This is one of the things about Kliff's offense that I'm down on, as I was really hoping to see more run from under center this year. After EB I'm pretty sick of shotgun (doesn’t mean Kliff will repeat the same mistakes but we'll have to see how he's adapted the scheme since Arizona–and if he can adequately adjust in-season).

Then you have to wonder about acquiring the right players, specifically o-line, for a system that may only be here 2 years, tops. As far as new coaches go, Kliff is the one I'm most skeptical of. Still looking forward to the change and growth, however it looks. 

1 hour ago, sinews said:

This is one of the things about Kliff's offense that I'm down on, as I was really hoping to see more run from under center this year. After EB I'm pretty sick of shotgun (doesn’t mean Kliff will repeat the same mistakes but we'll have to see how he's adapted the scheme since Arizona–and if he can adequately adjust in-season).

Then you have to wonder about acquiring the right players, specifically o-line, for a system that may only be here 2 years, tops. As far as new coaches go, Kliff is the one I'm most skeptical of. Still looking forward to the change and growth, however it looks. 

One note on this.  One reason that Cardinals were so shotgun heavy was because it gave short Murray room to move around and see his receivers.  If the QB was a 6’4” Drake Maye for example, I’m not sure if things would be so shotgun heavy.

Shotgun is a traditional staple of the air raid style, but Kingsbury is willing to adapt the offense to his personnel I think.

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

These offenses usually struggle in the red zone due to the lack of physicality (people hated Longo’s red zone offense at UNC and Ole Miss despite his overall numbers).

Brian Robinson’s days here are probably over. I don’t see him fitting the new scheme so we can add RB to our laundry list of needs (I already had it on my list but further down than I do now 😆). 

Just curious on your analysis.  Why do you think Robinson is such a poor fit for the offense?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Those have to be archived somewhere, no?  Would be a fun walk down memory lane. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v436/jayman42/elivilliage.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj609/paul_davis11/honboobooeli2_zps6122dcc6.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/leedogg/ForumPics/eli_tigger.jpg

post-215132-0-87659800-1411646447_thumb.

http://i.imgur.com/7bivu.jpg

Some of the funnier ones.

Ok, off topic, I'll stop...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The biggest problem with the air raid (in my opinion, as he runs it) is that .....
these offenses usually struggle in the red zone due to the lack of physicality.

Brian Robinson’s days here are probably over. 😆

Here's the rub.  Both the GM and head coach value physicality.  Something has to change with how KK is going to implement the air raid system.  We are all guessing and none of us want a repeat of the ol' ball coach's offense.  IMO, Robinson fits what Peters and Quinn value in players - a physical, hard running player with pass catching ability.   If KK always runs a spread offense then the OL upgrades are even more critical than for a generic WCO. 

• Like 1

Im curious who were hiring for QB and OL coach. Those are the two most important position coaches. 

Just now, PlayAction said:

Here's the rub.  Both the GM and head coach value physicality.  Something has to change with how KK is going to implement the air raid system.  We are all guessing and none of us want a repeat of the ol' ball coach's offense.  IMO, Robinson fits what Peters and Quinn value in players - a physical, hard running player with pass catching ability.   If KK always runs a spread offense then the OL upgrades are even more critical than for a generic WCO. 

Robinson looked good catching out of the backfield last year. Hes talented and on a rookie deal for two more years. Hes not going anywhere. I think we find a speedy pass catching back somewhere around round 3-4 to compliment him. 

• Like 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-space-for-eric-bieniemy-to-return-to-chiefs-thats-fine-he-should-consider-another-high-profile-move-anyway-050454352.html

I know we’ll want to move on from the EB talk, but he was listed as OC on the website earlier this week, so it’s not like he’s been gone for awhile. I read this article about him. Does Charles McDonald not know about the trouble he got on Colorado’s campus and he was barred from returning? I know it was a long time ago, but you’d think it would be mentioned in this context.

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Go get Kris Richard for DBs coach.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Pretty silly by Dallas as if the coaches don't want to be there cut their contracts up and let them go.  Jerrah, burning bridges and that's not good.  New DC is going to let them go anyway one way or the other.  They are somewhat holding us up from filling out our D position coaches but they will be filled in time with who Whitt wants.  LOL  

10 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/no-space-for-eric-bieniemy-to-return-to-chiefs-thats-fine-he-should-consider-another-high-profile-move-anyway-050454352.html

I know we’ll want to move on from the EB talk, but he was listed as OC on the website earlier this week, so it’s not like he’s been gone for awhile. I read this article about him. Does Charles McDonald not know about the trouble he got on Colorado’s campus and he was barred from returning? I know it was a long time ago, but you’d think it would be mentioned in this context.

Whitt want's his guys.  

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Im curious who were hiring for QB and OL coach. Those are the two most important position coaches. 

Robinson looked good catching out of the backfield last year. Hes talented and on a rookie deal for two more years. Hes not going anywhere. I think we find a speedy pass catching back somewhere around round 3-4 to compliment him. 

Or we find that back a bit later in the draft.  Depends though on Peters/Quinn.

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I actually thought that Richard would have been already announced as the pick for DB coach, given their time in Seattle - and he's an easy get since he was out of the league last season.

Maybe they will go with:

Jason Simmons, Defensive passing game coordinator

- Mike Adams, Safeties

- Kris Richard, Cornerbacks

That's a lot of coaches. But I would do it....you can never have enough quality, and you never know when one of them will get poached.

Or, maybe he doesn't want to bring Richards in at all.

• Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This sucks, I know Harris was a major target. I wonder if they would have allowed the interview if it were with a team outside of the division. 

No chance.

Harris was the maestro behind the secondaries success. Players love him. No way they were going to let him.

The players love him 

30 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Be weary of Richard.

We thought he was going to do what Al Harris did but wasn’t even close.

33 minutes ago, triggered said:

Mr. Jones being the Keeper of the Crypt.

Lunda and Al were pivotal for our team.

Wells coached up Jake Ferguson to pro bowl level and we saw what Al did with the secondary. Smart moves keeping them 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stoox said:

I actually thought that Richard would have been already announced as the pick for DB coach, given their time in Seattle - and he's an easy get since he was out of the league last season.

Maybe they will go with:

Jason Simmons, Defensive passing game coordinator

- Mike Adams, Safeties

- Kris Richard, Cornerbacks

That's a lot of coaches. But I would do it....you can never have enough quality, and you never know when one of them will get poached.

Or, maybe he doesn't want to bring Richards in at all.

Could be but still think that Harris is Whitts primary target.  He said he would follow Quinn to the Alaska Bluebirds. LOL.  He'll be here eventually.  Whitt knows what he's doing and he's got this. :)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

In 2022 NFL teams league wide were in gun on 66% of all snaps. If you take out short yardage and goal line snaps I'd bet that number goes up to over 70%. Its a shotgun league.

There has been some talk about trend back more towards being under centre more - but the NFL gets its talent from College and most QBs coming out of College have hardly taken a snap from under centre.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Could be but still think that Harris is Whitts primary target.  He said he would follow Quinn to the Alaska Bluebirds. LOL.  He'll be here eventually.  Whitt knows what he's doing and he's got this. :)  

Whitt also said his dream job was DC of the Dallas Cowboys ;)

We saw how that went. Skipped the interview and said no thanks lmao 

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

In 2022 NFL teams league wide were in gun on 66% of all snaps. If you take out short yardage and goal line snaps I'd bet that number goes up to over 70%. Its a shotgun league.

There has been some talk about trend back more towards being under centre more - but the NFL gets its talent from College and most QBs coming out of College have hardly taken a snap from under centre.

Yep exactly. The 9ers are really the only highly successful offense that isn't in shotgun that much(at least I don't think so, but I could be way wrong). But that's because they have a dominant RB and the best run play designer in the league. Remember when Kyle was here we were a primarily shotgun/RPO team.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. The 9ers are really the only highly successful offense that isn't in shotgun that much(at least I don't think so, but I could be way wrong). But that's because they have a dominant RB and the best run play designer in the league. Remember when Kyle was here we were a primarily shotgun/RPO team.

Add the Lions. 

Virtually the entire league runs out of gun.  

10 minutes ago, DeMarco Murray 29 said:

Whitt also said his dream job was DC of the Dallas Cowboys ;)

We saw how that went. Skipped the interview and said no thanks lmao 

Yep. When you're on a sinking ship with McCarthy what would you do?  He has a chance to prove himself as a DC, and then take a HC job, if he wants to after a year or two here in Washington. 

• Thumb up 2

55 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Pretty silly by Dallas as if the coaches don't want to be there cut their contracts up and let them go.  Jerrah, burning bridges and that's not good.  New DC is going to let them go anyway one way or the other.  They are somewhat holding us up from filling out our D position coaches but they will be filled in time with who Whitt wants. 

I don't think it's silly by Dallas at all. We would do the same thing if we had a coach we didn't want another team to poach from us. It's football. Teams will always look out for their best interest. DQ is well respected around the league so I have no doubt he and Whitt will find a competent DB coach.