Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

seahawks are building the staff Washington should haveĀ 

After the initial disappointment of not getting Micky D, I have settled on ambivalence about Quinn. I have mild optimism for Kliff. Seattle can keep the wood chipper.

• Like 3

I think people are reading too much into our comments about peters at the press conference.Ā 

Nobody is saying it's a big deal or even a problem just something that was noticed.

Ā 

As others have said he's inexperienced behind a camera and microphone and will probably get better, plus It doesn't matter all that much even if he doesn't it's not that important.Ā 

Ā 

Harris comes off to me the same way, a little stuttery and unsure of himself at times but I'm sure he'll get more comfortable too.

Ā 

Quinn does not appear to have the same affliction.Ā 

• Thumb up 1

I think with Harris it's more his slack expression and delivery that makes him sound unsure but he seems pretty deliberate and on the ball to me.Ā 

Ā 

Peters will get more fluid and comfortable once he's had more experience, as others have noted. He did have experience in front of the media in SF but he was always with Lynch, et. al (and they took the lead). AP is the type of introvert who opens up when around the right people and situations and that's definitely the case here and with Q.Ā 

Ā 

One thing that comes through with Peters? He's extremely smart yet humble, and I think being humble sometimes comes off as unsure or hesitant when around a sports environment. The people who use expressions like "I got help from people smarter than me" (something AP has said at least a couple of times) are almost always intelligent enough to do it themselves but understand that in a collaborative process it helps to put other people at ease and make everyone feel integral and valued. Despite any introverted qualities, he's absolutely a people person.Ā 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Ā 

Harris comes off to me the same way, a little stuttery and unsure of himself at times but I'm sure he'll get more comfortable too.

Ā 

Quinn does not appear to have the same affliction.

Well. 2 of them have a total of zero experience running important press conferences in the NFL and one has plenty of experience. So, it makes total sense.

• Like 1

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Wouldn't really bother me either way if he stayed or left. I doubt teams are clamoring to hire him. If Quinn has an assistant for that position he's more comfortable with I'm good with that.

Witt is probably ultimately responsible for making that hire, with Quinn's blessing, I don't think Assistant D-line coach is very consequential to the success of the team. It's a resume building position for a year or two where he's meant to move up or more on. If they are truly cleaning house, he goes and the new D-Line coach brings his own assistants. Kerrigan's ties to the franchise began and ended under Snyder as well.Ā 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well. 2 of them have a total of zero experience running important press conferences in the NFL and one has plenty of experience. So, it makes total sense.

Ā 

They'll get along with it :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Peters might not be the best public speaker, but there is nothing wrong with that. As long as he does his job, nobody is gonna care.

If the team becomes a functional and competitive team, we shouldnā€™t even hear from peters except for around draft time.Ā 
Ā 

His public speaking issues (Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™d call them issues, but whatever) shouldnā€™t even be on display.Ā 

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Ā 

Ā 

IMO -

It's best to pair a first time GM with an experienced HC and not 1st year HC

Hard to have both GM and HC be super Alpha's because it causes a lot of unnecessary friction

They appear to get along well and share the same vision

Ā 

I listened to a former GM, forget who but said GM and HC are literally like a married couple that spends every moment together, outside their family time.

Ā 

I actually believe its a great pairing that can be productive and successful.

I think itā€™s an excellent pairing too. Love all this collaboration talk. That said, Peters is still the boss, and we need that strong GM figurehead. Again, not saying heā€™s not that at all, but moving forward he needs to create the right balance against strong characters.Ā 

Ā 

Itā€™s an encouraging pairing though. They appear a good fit.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

seahawks are building the staff Washington should haveĀ 

I was fine with the Kelly rumors to us when Kingsbury was supposed to be going to the Raiders. But once he became available he is a far better hire imo. Seahawks got their guy in Macdonald. But there is no guarantee he will succeed as a first time HC either.Ā 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CTskins said:

Ā 

Ā 

Witt is probably ultimately responsible for making that hire, with Quinn's blessing, I don't think Assistant D-line coach is very consequential to the success of the team. It's a resume building position for a year or two where he's meant to move up or more on. If they are truly cleaning house, he goes and the new D-Line coach brings his own assistants. Kerrigan's ties to the franchise began and ended under Snyder as well.Ā 

It really just depends on if they already have someone in mind, but also it depends on if heā€™s developing into a good coach. He was an intern on a bad staff, then an assistant positional coach on that bad staff, and then a positional coach on that bad staff after his superior was fired. We donā€™t know if heā€™s good at his job. But theyā€™ll evaluate that if they donā€™t already have people in mind.Ā 

56 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Plus he was never an NFL player getting asked questions by the media weekly. Itā€™s not an important part of the job at all. He will get more comfortable with time and practice.

Ā 

Zorn was promoted to HC because Dan and Vinny thought he looked good in a suit and would look good in front of the media. Substance matters more. Plus heā€™s not getting up in front of the team giving inspirational speeches. He will be fine.Ā 

This talk about judging coaches, GMs and Owners in front of a bank of microphones is bordering on hilarity. I personally could not care less about press conferences. Are they on the same page in terms of winning? philosophy to accomplish same? assembling a coaching staff? Putting an effective combination of pieces on the field? Beating the Cowboys? These are the questions to which I would need affirmative responses.

Ā 

Bob Kraft is not a very effective public speaker and getting the cut-off-hoodie wearing Bill Belichick to answer gameday related questions was like pulling teeth. The Patriots have only gone to the Playoffs 22 times, the Super Bowl ten times, and won six of them in the 30 years that Kraft has owned the franchise.Ā 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, CTskins said:

This talk about judging coaches, GMs and Owners in front of a bank of microphones is bordering on hilarity. I personally could not care less about press conferences. Are they on the same page in terms of winning? philosophy to accomplish same? assembling a coaching staff? Putting an effective combination of pieces on the field? Beating the Cowboys? These are the questions to which I would need affirmative responses.

Ā 

Bob Kraft is not a very effective public speaker and getting the cut-off-hoodie wearing Bill Belichick to answer gameday related questions was like pulling teeth. The Patriots have only gone to the Playoffs 22 times, the Super Bowl ten times, and won six of them in the 30 years that Kraft has owned the franchise.Ā 

Everybody else is also saying itā€™s not important lolĀ 

• Like 1

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to expect your general manager, whose only job is to hire, fire, and stack coins in the counting room, to give speeches that rival the Gettysburg address. If he isn't going to entertain me with disastrous free agent deals, botched trades, and leaked emails, he needs to entertain me as an orator.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Breaking News:

Keim just said the Team 980 he expects we'll probably have a few more coaching announcements this week and a full staff announceed by next Mon or Tue. Also said he expectsĀ  a press conference at some point with both new coordinators in attendence.

Ā 

Breaking news: there will be news in the future about things you knew would be happening in the near future. Stay tuned.

Ā 

Note - not trying to shoot the messenger here, just poking fun at the news in generalĀ 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Ā 

Breaking news: there will be news in the future about things you knew would be happening in the near future. Stay tuned.

Ā 

Note - not trying to shoot the messenger here, just poking fun at the news in generalĀ 

1m0n48.jpg