Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, xxprodigyxx said:

i don't think it's necessarily a character flaw, but proper decorum says he shoulda made this known on monday or any time before peters and harris were in the air. since he didn't, he shoulda just gone through with the interview or met with them and told them face to face...they were gonna be there for aaron glenn anyway.

You're still making a criticism of it. So it seems you ignored the actual argument I made regarding the speculative presumptuous nature that there was some kind/degree of  inappropriateness on his end.

It's possible there was, but just on face value of the known facts I think it's a take refecting more on the emo reaction of the taker ("how rude/insecure/weak, he sucks"), not the accused.

If facts arise that indicate he actually was "inconsiderate' in some way or somehow "unprofessional" that would be different.

Still don't see myself making some big deal out of it even then. But at least others doing it would be operating on fact and not emotionally driven presumptions 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

I hope they have a plan because looking at this from the outside it looks like a 💩 show. 

Don't know if this means anything, but here's a pic of the new team hat that Adam Peters, Josh Harris and our brass have been wearing to interviews...

image.thumb.png.c225cf7b3762337b941f9b52f27e7e31.png

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

I actually think Vrabel is an excellent HC. Doubts about how much power he got would crop up, right ?

I agree, I think he's a really good coach who's underrated. I've heard people mention that him and Belichick want a certain amount of power but I don't know if any of it's true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rockluc said:

He’s so hot he got passed over by 4 teams in the span of a week including for Canales and Callahan. But don’t worry, he’s our number 1 choice. 🙄

Ben Johnson got passed over by 4 teams.  Some seem to love Slowik, no one offered him a job.  Seattle wasn't McDonald's first interview.

Again maybe Jon Keim is a liar.  Maybe Peters is a buffoon.  Will see.  But my point is if this is a bad hire.  I'd be out already on Peters.  If we could see here something that obvious, that a coach is that bad and he can't -- he's already Bruce Allen-Cerrato level bad.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Quinn by all accounts is a quality candidate and loved by the players and people in the know.  He's a leader of men from all accounts.  But he's being judged cause his aging quarterback started going down hill and his oc left for greener pastures.  People qlot smarter then me in football think he's a quality candidate so I'll trust the process.  

Heard all that same stuff about Rivera.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Well we are F'd, taking the slow approach has really set us back. Now it's Dan who is Ron 2.0 so we are in for a mediocre next 4 years not the way I was seeing this going with the new GM. Not to mention why didn't we clean house when he was hired that's a whole different subject but still worth mentioning. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Ben Johnson got passed over by 4 teams.  Some seem to love Slowik, no one offered him a job.  Seattle wasn't McDonald's first interview.

Again maybe Jon Keim is a liar.  Maybe Peters is a buffoon.  Will see.  But my point is if this is a bad hire.  I'd be out already on Peters.  If we could see here something that obvious, that a coach is that bad and he can't -- he's already Bruce Allen-Cerrato level bad.   

Did Ben Johnson get passed on? Or did he pass on the teams? It sounded to me like he decided to stay in Detroit. 

Unlike Slowik, who just didn’t get the offers for HC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Maybe we didnt want MacDonald after the interview? Maybe what he was asking for did not line up with what we were prepared to give an unproven HC?

It is possible but if that is true then that is disappointing since he was the best candidate available 

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Fine with Quinn at this point. Just hire a strong OC / QB coach and we should still have a bright future. 

If there was a strong OC candidate they’d be interviewing him as head coach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

OK, obviously we're not in love with any of these guys so just bite the freaking bullet and hire NE Bill or Pete Carroll for 3 years and figure it out from there. IMO it's better than settling on an unproven commodity you're not sold on.

No to BB, he wants to much control.  Pete?  I dunno.  Might as well go for Quinn at this point if they don't see anything in Glenn or Weaver, imo.

Just now, KDawg said:

Did Ben Johnson get passed on? Or did he pass on the teams? It sounded to me like he decided to stay in Detroit. 

Unlike Slowik, who just didn’t get the offers for HC.

He got interviewed none of those teams waited to interview him again and hired other coaches.

Just now, Destino said:

If there was a strong OC candidate they’d be interviewing him as head coach.

Yes, 100%,  I'd rather take a strong OC as an HC than Quinn any day of the week.  They might just need to cast a wider net, and interview any OC candidates, including college coaches at this point.  Don't settle for the plainest girl at the dance (Quinn).  Try really hard to find the OC that can become a good to great HC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

That still doesn’t necessarily mean I think that candidate is going to be successful if hired.

Thats why the two things can be true. 

Yes, of course. My point is that what fans think doesn't matter, because the vast majority base their opinions on incomplete information taken from media reports (aka, a big game of agenda-driven telephone), insider opinion and social media drivel. And not actual and tangible information generated by a real hiring process, complete with background checks, data-driven analysis of past performance across multiple roles, interviews with past peers, and the interviews themselves. 

It’s funny that Quinn = Rivera because of resume + platitudes but every young hot coordinator is given the optimism of a McVay or DeMeco when in reality off the same reasoning they can be Hackett, Weis, Mangini, Chudzinski, etc the list goes on and on. 

all the comparisons are lazy

• Like 4

Quinn, Weaver, Glenn.  I’m good with whatever.  Mostly because I don’t really know ****.

All 3 seem like strong leader types with a bit of a presence.  Maybe that’s what the organization was looking for?  None of them feel like slam dunks, but I think any of them could be good.

1 minute ago, HeHateMe75 said:

No to BB, he wants to much control.  Pete?  I dunno.  Might as well go for Quinn at this point if they don't see anything in Glenn or Weaver, imo.

They should at least talk to the guy and see if he'd be willing to compromise. 

*Of course this could have been communicated behind the scenes so who knows. 

• Like 1