Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, it's on them.  I mean, a bunch of people here seem to think the HC job for the Commies is, like, a really good opportunity, one that anyone should be lucky to have.

How the Commies weren't able to keep him on the hook until they arrived to meet with him face to face is their fault.  

If Johnson stayed because of a raise, then what were the Commanders supposed to do?  Offer to top it even before the interview?  Don't salary negotiations happen after the HC interview is over?

If Johnson doesn't want a head coaching job right now, then he probably isn't the guy right now and changing his mind by backing up the Brinks truck probably isn't the way to go.  Go hire someone else (and no, not EB).  For all the sky is falling about needing an offensive guy as HC, it looks like Stroud coming off a terrific rookie season is going to continue with the same OC next year.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why would you think this? Because he turned the Commanders down to stay where he just coached in a NFC title game?

I said it tongue in cheek. For the past few weeks all I kept hearing is that they are looking for a leader of men.

• Like 1

Just now, Idaho fan said:

Lets just hope that Ben Johnson is available and interested after we fire Dan Quinn in 3-4 years.  I think a decent percentage of the fan base would be happy with that.  

Nope. Would not be happy with going right back to where we are now after Quinn.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Why would you think this? Because he turned the Commanders down to stay where he just coached in a NFC title game?

Why don't other people see this. I mean I think he has a good gig in Detroit and thinks they can run it back next year. I had Detroit making the playoffs this year. I mean I think it could be as simple as he thinks they have the pieces on both sides of the ball to get to a SB.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I also know who the next coach will be, but alas I too am not privy to disclose at this time. 

Why even say this....makes no sense except, hey look at me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure what tie Slowik would have with Weaver.

For me its McDonald by a mile.    If anything Weaver is more likely I'd presume the DC with McDonald here.

You don’t need a tie to someone to hire them.

If MacDonald was hired as HC, I’d think Weaver becomes DC in Baltimore.

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Don't fret! These guys are still looking for head coaching gigs:

Sherm Lewis

Pepper Rogers

Jeff Saturday

Jim Zorn

Don't forget about Jay Gruden.  he can bring in his buddy RG3 as OC.  championship!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

If Johnson stayed because of a raise, then what were the Commanders supposed to do?  Offer to top it even before the interview?  Don't salary negotiations happen after the HC interview is over?

If Johnson doesn't want a head coaching job right now, then he probably isn't the guy right now and changing his mind by backing up the Brinks truck probably isn't the way to go.  Go hire someone else (and no, not EB).  For all the sky is falling about needing an offensive guy as HC, it looks like Stroud coming off a terrific rookie season is going to continue with the same OC next year.

The Commies should have at least said "Before you do that, at least meet with us."  Or even better "Hey, before you make any final decisions, let us know because we want to be able to meet with you to put our best offer on the table."  

Maybe they did those things and he still took the raise and stayed and didn't give the Commies the chance.  Who knows?

I don't want EB being the coach but we have to recognize that it's a stronger possibility now than it was 24 hours ago.  So, the sky might be falling a little bit.

7 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Don't fret! These guys are still looking for head coaching gigs:

Sherm Lewis

Pepper Rogers

Jeff Saturday

Jim Zorn

I'm pretty sure Pepper Rodgers is no longer with us.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The Commies should have at least said "Before you do that, at least meet with us."  Or even better "Hey, before you make any final decisions, let us know because we want to be able to meet with you to put our best offer on the table."  

Maybe they did those things and he still took the raise and stayed and didn't give the Commies the chance.  Who knows?

I don't want EB being the coach but we have to recognize that it's a stronger possibility now than it was 24 hours ago.  So, the sky might be falling a little bit.

We aren't going with EB as the HC. 0 chance. Zilch. None.

• Thumb up 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1