Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

What’s the implication.  Seattle guys went there to interview him then left, and……..

Left w/o signing him.  Kind of big.  Some would think they would stayed and tried to hammer out a deal before flying back to Seattle. Hopefully, they are on the phone with Quinn working out a deal.  :)  

Just now, Bifflog said:

Nice, so it's validating you bigtime, except can you say those things about Seattle?  Would a Seahawk fan be allowed to ****?

No, I can't say those things about Seattle.  I'm not sure what the point is here.  The Seahawks are light years better as an organization than we are.

Are you trying to make yourself feel better that he turned down a better opportunity aside from us?  Is that what we should be taking comfort in?

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels weird to me.  Johnson taking interviews.  Campbell saying Johnson ready to be a HC.  Even Schefter now mentioning he wanted big money.  Yet, Keim, Schefter mentioning don't count that this team has him as the guy, other real contenders here.

My guess is he via back channels either got the idea he wasn't getting the job, or its 50-50, or no one was paying his price.

I suspect there was something he felt wasn't going his way.

I been saying that I wanted to see that he was a leader and I'm guessing that Peters and Harris said the same, before shelling out the big bucks. and Johnson I guess felt insulted by that. 

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Does anyone have a list of all the people who claimed "Johnson was a lock" so I know not to take what they say with a grain of salt moving forward?

Boomer Esiason

Peter King

Who else? 

Boomer

I know it comes across like a spurned lover, and it’s partly that- because waiting on him likely put us behind the 8 ball. 

But I actually look at it from the perspective that we may have dodged a bullet.  Anyone complacent enough to continue being 2nd fiddle AGAIN, or if rumors are true wants an unprecedented amount of money to coach, those are red flags for me.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Probably just got himself another raise from Detroit. Below is from last year.

Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson rewarded the team taking a chance on him and trusting him to unleash his creative, aggressive offense in Detroit by returning to the Lions for another season.

Now the Lions are rewarding Johnson for choosing to shun head coaching interviews elsewhere. According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, Johnson and the Lions have agreed to a new contract that will give the second-year offensive coordinator a lucrative raise.

Johnson’s salary in 2022, his first season as a coordinator, is publicly unknown. Coordinators generally earn around $1M-$1.5M per season, though that varies with experience level and team.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He didn't say they were impressed or not impressed with McDonald. 

But to play along as for why should or shouldn't they be impressed -- our predispositions are irrelevant -- we aren't participating in the interview.

You seem hot against Quinn.

I want Mcdonald over Quinn myself.  But I don't think they are stupid for example for being impressed with Quinn.  If Keim has said for weeks if you ask around the NFL, Quinn gets the most props among the people he talks to.  Logan Paulsen thinks Quinn walks on water.  If this regime is impressed with Quinn, they won't be on an island.

Judging by buzz though I think Mcdonald has a shot.  Feels like a 2 man race unless something new develops.

Just not a fan of Quinn as many are not.  He's had his chance at HC.  Let Boy Wonder MacDonald of Baltimore have a shot.  :)  

Just now, RWJ said:

Left w/o signing him.  Kind of big.  Some would think they would stayed and tried to hammer out a deal before flying back to Seattle. Hopefully, they are on the phone with Quinn working out a deal.  :)  

You guys are aware that contracts sometimes take some time and usually when people are signed same day the paperwork had already begun and was taken care of ahead of time, right?

It's usually not the same day of an interview. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KDawg said:

You guys are aware that contracts sometimes take some time and usually when people are signed same day the paperwork had already begun and was taken care of ahead of time, right?

Macdonald is a LOCK! Deal is DONE!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, I can't say those things about Seattle.  I'm not sure what the point is here.  The Seahawks are light years better as an organization than we are.

Are you trying to make yourself feel better that he turned down a better opportunity aside from us?  Is that what we should be taking comfort in?

Nope, feeling bad and nothing wrong with feeling bad, but you playing cool guy who doesn't care dunking on those who do and maybe went a little too far here and there (but weren't without some justification, hence me bringing up the other team in the equation because if a Seahawk fan could justifiably be upset with the way Ben Johnson handled this, then anyone can).

Lates.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, oldskoolfan said:

I guess this isn't as attractive of a job as people thought.  Its going to take a long time to wipe the **** stain Snyder left behind.  

I don't think the previous 20 plus years of Dan Snyder has anything to do with it. I would hope NFL coaching candidates would be smarter than that. 

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Verbal agreements are usually issued sooner and get reported. 

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Does anyone have a list of all the people who claimed "Johnson was a lock" so I know not to take what they say with a grain of salt moving forward?

Boomer Esiason

Peter King

Who else? 

Well Peter King **** off all the way to ****-offville and hop a plane to ****offiztan.  That guy's been a fraud for a long time, this is nothing new.

Boomer Esiason went to College Park.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just now, Bifflog said:

Nope, feeling bad and nothing wrong with feeling bad, but you playing cool guy who doesn't care dunking on those who do and maybe went a little too far here and there (but weren't without some justification, hence me bringing up the other team in the equation because if a Seahawk fan could justifiably be upset with the way Ben Johnson handled this, then anyone can).

Lates.

I don't pretend to know what Seahawk fans think and feel about their current situation.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

What boxes does Quinn check for people advocating for him? Atlanta sharply went downhill as soon as Kyle Shanahan left for SF andnd his defenses have gotten lit up when it counts the most while at Dallas. Why the F would you think he is the guy to help rebuild the franchise post Dan Snyder? None of the remaining candidates scream A+ hire. Mcdonald shine wore off a little bit, Quinn is a bad retread, Slowick might not be ready, and Aaron Glenn is an unimpressive DC as well.

• Like 2

Just now, RWJ said:

Such a vanilla post and response.  Wow.  LOL

I thrilled that they arent firing shots over social media in the midst of trying to hire a new coach? That would be a #DannyStyle move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

KDawg you know that news gets around.  Most times, not all times before they left a deal would have been leaked and the public would have known before they left.  For example, look at what happened with Schefter on Pat McAffee show yesterday.