Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Seahawks didn't want him either or they would have made him an offer yesterday.

Johnson just doesn't interview well I guess and perhaps doesn't give off HC vibes.

I'm also willing to bet that he's probably still going through a mini depression after the loss to the 49ers a couple days ago. His spirit probably took a hit. He probably knew he **** the bed in his interview with Seattle and was in no mood to go through another interview today. 

6 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Why shouldn't the Commander's brass not be impressed with MacDonald too.  Just don't add up.  What Sheehan said about the Seattle reporter about the team was very intrigued by McDonald because they are obsessed with beating SF and Mcdonald helped do that should be the same way we look at it or any team looking for a HC of MacDonald's creds should be. :) 

He didn't say they were impressed or not impressed with McDonald. 

But to play along as for why should or shouldn't they be impressed -- our predispositions are irrelevant -- we aren't participating in the interview.

You seem hot against Quinn.

I want Mcdonald over Quinn myself.  But I don't think they are stupid for example for being impressed with Quinn.  If Keim has said for weeks if you ask around the NFL, Quinn gets the most props among the people he talks to.  Logan Paulsen thinks Quinn walks on water.  If this regime is impressed with Quinn, they won't be on an island.

Judging by buzz though I think Mcdonald has a shot.  Feels like a 2 man race unless something new develops.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Johnson was never my favorite, he was 3rd and he is entitled to his decision. 

BUT last year the Panthers had a plane sent to get him, were waiting for him to get on and he told them he wasn't coming. 

This year he waits until Peters and Harris are en route and on the plane before telling them he's staying in Detroit. 

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.

I wanted Johnson too, but the way he's getting ****ted on for wanting to stay in a good situation is odd.

What he understands (and what plenty of people here seem to not understand, unfortunately) is that he'll always have an opportunity to be a head coach somewhere, as long as the Lions keep looking good.  And they're set up to be good for the next few years.  There's no reason why that guy should hop ship and come to a mess like ours.  Granted, new ownership, exciting new GM but there's still a lot to do and that guy can sit back in Detroit for another year, help guide that team to the playoffs and see what other opportunities are out there this time next year.

Some of you guys are acting like he turned down a primo head coaching opportunity in the NFL when that's not really the case.  

I think Johnson staying says a lot about what Dan Campbell and Brad Holmes have built in Detroit. 

But reading this thread has been quite entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Grant's nipples are extra sensitive today.  

I'm sure Ben Johnson told the Commanders brass as soon as he figured out that he wanted to stay in Detroit.  Like, what's Grant saying here, that Johnson was out to waste everyone's time?  What would the better look have been, to wait until the Commanders brass ARRIVED to meet with him to let them know?  

Aren't they out there interviewing Aaron Glenn, too?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can't pay $15 Mil for a HC with no experience. It sets an absurd precedent. Its not about there being no salary cap for coaches. At some point there is a limit for everything. If you pay $15 Mil for Ben Johnson this year, the next team's gotta pay $20 Mil for Bobby Slowik next year. And then so on and so forth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.

I wanted Johnson too, but the way he's getting ****ted on for wanting to stay in a good situation is odd.

What he understands (and what plenty of people here seem to not understand, unfortunately) is that he'll always have an opportunity to be a head coach somewhere, as long as the Lions keep looking good.  And they're set up to be good for the next few years.  There's no reason why that guy should hop ship and come to a mess like ours.  Granted, new ownership, exciting new GM but there's still a lot to do and that guy can sit back in Detroit for another year, help guide that team to the playoffs and see what other opportunities are out there this time next year.

Some of you guys are acting like he turned down a primo head coaching opportunity in the NFL when that's not really the case.  

You may have internalized the idea that our team is trash, they'll always be trash, and can only expect to attract trash even after exorcising Danny S because we, at our core, are trash.  I reject it.  There's nothing odd about being upset with the guy for ditching us during the plane ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm sure Ben Johnson told the Commanders brass as soon as he figured out that he wanted to stay in Detroit.  Like, what's Grant saying here, that Johnson was out to waste everyone's time?  What would the better look have been, to wait until the Commanders brass ARRIVED to meet with him to let them know?  

Yeah I think that's exactly what he's saying. give yourself a deadline, make the call.  If he can do it in 40 seconds between plays, he can do it when he's had months to think it over.

**** move.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Johnson was never my favorite, he was 3rd and he is entitled to his decision. 

BUT last year the Panthers had a plane sent to get him, were waiting for him to get on and he told them he wasn't coming. 

This year he waits until Peters and Harris are en route and on the plane before telling them he's staying in Detroit. 

In BJ’s defense, we were going there regardless. But still not a good look. Very unprofessional. I’m sure it will affect him going forward.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Exactly.

Spurned lovers. When you aren't chosen lash out in completely non sensical ways in order to prove how much you don't need them.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

For me it goes:

1. Mike Macdonald

2. Bobby Slowik

3. Mike Vrabel

Somewhere I don’t wanna go. Dan Quinn

Me too, but with Vrabel as #2 over Slowik. People forgetting how great of a coach Vrabel is. Great play-calling and he had that squad running through brick walls for him every week. He just needed a better QB and more talent on offense outside of Derrick Henry & AJ Brown. 

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

It would have been much better to do that in person or before they had left for Detroit. En-route is a punk move with a side of coward.

Just now, Bifflog said:

You may have internalized the idea that our team is trash, they'll always be trash, and can only expect to attract trash even after exorcising Danny S because we, at our core, are trash.  I reject it.  There's nothing odd about being upset with the guy for ditching us during the plane ride.

This team is trash until the results on the field are better.  There's no other way to look at it.  

New owner?  Great, Dan is gone.  New GM?  Great, let's see what he can do.  

Until then, this team is trash.  Trash team in a trash stadium.  

In regards to being upset with the guy for ditching "us" during the plane ride...timing's never perfect.  Clearly, not many of you have been in the recruiting/hiring chair before.  The fact that OMG, THE COMMANDERS BRASS WAS IN THE AIR means nothing.  It means LESS than nothing.  Would you guys be whining about this if they were informed while they were on the tarmac instead?  Would that be better?

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah I think that's exactly what he's saying. give yourself a deadline, make the call.  If he can do it in 40 seconds between plays, he can do it when he's had months to think it over.

**** move.

I really don't see it that way.  

• Like 1