Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Chase Young is just different....extremely talented but just hasn't found that incredible effort he had his rookie year.  Really strange because he had MAXIMUM effort as a rookie then it just appears he just go the big head and just doesn't play team ball.

His talent will get him another contract, but he's certainly missing that spark that made him special.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

44 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, Johnson is not a lock. There is an interview competition between the best OC and DC in the league right now and FO and management will make the call.  

This was you THREE DAYS AGO.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:46 AM, RWJ said:

They can only be guessing because Harris it tight lipped.  I truly believe no one knows but following the HC situation here it 100% points to Ben Johnson and really, it's not even close.  If I am wrong, so be it.  I 100% could be and I'll take the flack back.  I stand my ground that it's 100% Ben.  Quinn is headed to Seattle and I think they will end up hiring him before the end of the week as HC.  Just a guess and then it leaves Carolina.  I think their guy will be Dave Canales to work with their #1 pick from last year. That just leaves Atlanta and I think they end up getting Vrabel.  Thus, we wait for Ben Johnson.  My guess.  :)  Sorry for the emotion and to all.  It's been about JK.  He is who he is.  I like to see him be more open and not timid as a beat reporter. :)  

On 1/25/2024 at 10:52 AM, RWJ said:

Speculation is running, rampant my friend, SIP. :)  Again, Harris refreshingly is tight lipped, but I've seen and heard enough for me to speculate too and that's where the 100 % comes from and I put it out there that's why I said I could be 100% wrong to and I'll take the flack back if not.  Boomer put it out there that he was 100% and said, Ben was "locked in".  I'm calling it the way I see it, bud!  :)  

On 1/24/2024 at 8:54 PM, RWJ said:

Bram says "It feels like a layup, and it's been in the works for a long time."  Bingo!  Sometimes Keim bores me.  If you took him to a horse track and a horse was 2/1 to win and the favorite, he seems like a guy that would be $5 on it rather than a grand!  

Please stop speaking with any sort of authority in this thread. You decide on a new opinion to be “100% sure of” every other day and then pompously post it over and over again until you change your mind. 

41 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

Why is it so important for you to convince everyone else of this?  Could save a lot of time to just unleash one big "I told you so!" if they go Macdonald rather than fight every inch until it's over with...

He wasn’t even convinced of it 2-3 days ago. He was 100% sure it was Ben Johnson and wouldn’t stop posting about it.

Edited by Conn
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Thumb up 2

Is anyone concerned about the game Ben Johnson called? I know conventional wisdom has him as the top HC candidate out there but I can't shake an uneasy feeling about him not keeping his foot on the gas in the second half vs. the 49ers.

• Like 1

Just now, bird_1972 said:

Is anyone concerned about the game Ben Johnson called? I know conventional wisdom has him as the top HC candidate out there but I can't shake an uneasy feeling about him not keeping his foot on the gas in the second half vs. the 49ers.

Johnson called a pretty good game.  The 1st half was almost flawless.  The 2nd half, it was more about the players not executing and Campbell going against conventional wisdom.  All in all, it was pretty good sample size

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bird_1972 said:

Not at all. Goff and the WR’s beefed multiple golden opportunities that Johnson put them in position for. Campbell’s overly aggressive 4th down decisions did the rest. I was very happy with Johnson’s showing in this game.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm so glad the Lions lost, I'm ready to get started on our future.   

If Ben Johnson wasn't keeping us waiting.  :ols: I would have liked to see Detroit bring home the Lombardi.  I need not speak who I want as HC as I'm in the minority but may the best man win.  :)  

Edited by RWJ

Just now, bird_1972 said:

He called a great game. The Lions receivers kept dropping passes and MCDC decided to go for it on 4th down twice instead of kick FGs. On one of the 4ths Reynolds had a drop that would have extended the drive. One other drive ended in one play because of a Gibbs fumble, nothing coaching related at all. 

The scheme got receivers open consistently and they ran the ball very effectively. Offense was humming in the 2nd half too but the drops and bad decisions on 4th down killed them(and of course the Gibbs fumble).

Johnson is a top class offensive mind, playcaller, and strategist. Now can he be a leader of men? We'll see. But I'm getting Sean McVay vibes from him. We gotta lock him down ASAP. You pair him with a blue chip QB from our #2 pick and we'll be running the division and conference in a couple years.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

No.  The only way I’d be concerned was if it was his job to a) catch the ball, b) not fumble the ball and c) not go for it on 4th down every single time it’s a close call.  Seeing as how he had control over none of those three things, my concern level is zero. 

I do wonder though whether it was his idea or Campbell’s to run it on 3rd down at the goal line, forcing them to do an onside kick when they didn’t convert… I would think that’s a strategic decision the HC would need to push for and/or approve, but I doubt we’ll ever know. 

19 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

😂 Meyers was at the game....

Hilarious!!!!  Hope we can get him hired very soon.  Can't wait to hear the candidates for coordinator positions.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Dude, Johnson is not a lock. There is an interview competition between the best OC and DC in the league right now and FO and management will make the call.  

Disagree.  Granted nothing is done until it’s done, but to act like all the heat is spread evenly across several candidates and we don’t have any clues about who is the heavy favorite is just being willfully blind.  From all the reporting, Johnson looks like the heavy heavy favorite.

Yes, there are media people saying that’s it’s not a done deal, but there are also people saying Johnson is a lock.  There isn’t any media reporting that any other candidate is a lock, or heavy favorite.  Only Johnson is getting those distinctions.

I just think that it’s pretty obvious that it’s going to be Johnson, pending the formalities.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Curtisp5286 said:

Disagree.  Granted nothing is done until it’s done, but to act like all the heat is spread evenly across several candidates and we don’t have any clues about who is the heavy favorite is just being willfully blind.  From all the reporting, Johnson looks like the heavy heavy favorite.

Yes, there are media people saying that’s it’s not a done deal, but there are also people saying Johnson is a lock.  There isn’t any media reporting that any other candidate is a lock, or heavy favorite.  Only Johnson is getting those distinctions.

I just think that it’s pretty obvious that it’s going to be Johnson, pending the formalities.

He may choose to go to Seattle...

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Right, because who could pass up an opportunity to work with a HoFer like Geno Smith and have the 16th pick in the draft?

Perennial winning culture - recent SB and playoff appearances. 

Also, a way more talented roster than Washington.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Some said the same thing about Kyle Shanahan in the Super Bowl. I’d hope he takes time to reflect and learn from this experience. Otherwise I wouldn’t worry too much.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

And your thoughts after reading the Schefter tweet about MacDonald meeting with Harris, Adams and the rest of the gang tomorrow.  There's not only smoke but I SEE some fire too.  

My thought is they are absolutely doing due diligence on other candidates, because until they have a deal with Johnson they need other options.

Now the Lions and Ravens are out we should find out by mid week were this is going. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Perennial winning culture - recent SB and playoff appearances. 

Also, a way more talented roster than Washington.

But without the chance to be the focal point of not only a rebuild but building an entirely new franchise and team culture, along with the #2 overall pick to get his QB of choice. The Seahawks I could see for maybe a more veteran HC who wanted a stable and predictable situation to go to. But Johnson doesn't seem that sort. I think he'd like the challenge of getting to basically start from scratch.

6 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Sure, he could have.  What I’m saying is that, from the body of reporting out there, it appears to my eyes that the decisions have already been made and the interview process is something closer to a formality than a competition.  It’s Johnson unless something really really weird happens in the next few days.

9 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

• Ownership issues
  • Stuck with Geno Smith
  • In same division as 49ers
  • Mired in the .500 rut unless there's a major shakeup
  • Fan base with outsized expectations
  • Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

My thought is they are absolutely doing due diligence on other candidates, because until they have a deal with Johnson they need other options.

Now the Lions and Ravens are out we should find out by mid week were this is going. 

Is it possible that they bring in macdonald to ask about his staff? Maybe try to hire his second hand man that'll run the same scheme?