Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Just read where the Lions offensive line coach might follow Ben Johnson wherever he goes. Hmm interesting. They have a durn good oline. I know they have talent but I figure he is also doing a heckuva job.

Would be fun to see him bring along Antwaan Randle El and Scott Brunell, too ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I literally explained my scenarios.

Davis had a bad rookie year, Ron said he liked to be coached hard. That could be something EB tells them. Not that obviously but something like it about a different player that he learned.

- I explained about fights in the locker room

- you asked a question about gay jokes among billionaires but these are not billionaires on Wall Street. They're billionaires who have to manage a locker room. So some of them may make some of these same jokes. Have you seen the commentary about the 911 inspirational speech given by coach McDermott? Yeah, it didn't hit so well. 

- there are more stories that I don't want to delve into. I searched the issue and found a few players that were different from who I named earlier but who this issue definitely arises.

But even if you don't think it does it was a fictional example. I had things in my mind where I'm posting a reply to a bunch of guys on a message board. I didn't think I'd get the third degree over what actually happened and what didn't. Is that even what you're asking because I'm not even sure. 

I remember when Guice said they called his mother a prostitute at the combine. Later he changed the story, but was he lying it not. 

My whole point is that it's worthwhile to interview the man. That's all. There's valuable information. From each question I think you can get stuff. In not from that one question then 🤷

I'm done with this. 

You dont think that would have just as easily come from an exit interview? I don;t really care if thy interview him. Part of due dilligence. But the stuff you arte talking about is not why you intereiw someone for a new job. It's a waste of time. 

My guess is they will interview him as more a courtesy to help him with others teams.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You dont think that would have just as easily come from an exit interview? I don;t really care if thy interview him. Part of due dilligence. But the stuff you arte talking about is not why you intereiw someone for a new job. It's a waste of time. 

My guess is they will interview him as more a courtesy to help him with others teams.  

Orrr they gave him the benefit of the doubt for thus year and knows that the guy was working with an extremely poor roster, these conversations could have happened between Peters and Harris prior to him taking the GM job where he explained the faults of the current setup and why it didn't do EB any favors. 

Ultimately, I don't think he gets the job nor do I want him to but this is a pretty broad situation the team is currently in.

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Yeah, that's what I was somewhat thinking partially but not fully. Like the plans for the team going forward is his vision. How he sees Terry, Sam, Brian, etc. how do they like to be coached. Did he ever wind up getting through to them? That's exit interview stuff but it's also did that's critical because their under contact for next year and depending on the draft they're (some of) the guys next year. 

But I'm just saying that this is another way to gather information that's more inclusive than an exit interview. I think there are questions you can ask here that you can't ask there. (Like going forward questions and what ifs) 

Given the quality of the coaching candidates available this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills let Sean McDermott go and tried to upgrade at HC. I don’t see how they can keep repeating the same formula over and over and expect to win against this KC juggernaut, plus McDermott has made some terrible in-game clock management decisions and his defense hasn’t been that great lately. 

All that to say they’re a definite threat to steal Ben Johnson away if that happens. Him paired with Josh Allen would be incredible.

The Bills would easily be the #1 opening and I doubt Bills fans would be able to stomach the thought of hiring Belichick at HC. 

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

All that to say they’re a definite threat to steal Ben Johnson away if that happens. Him paired with Josh Allen would be incredible.

I've already resigned myself to the idea we'll probably have to settle, it would be too much of a run of luck to go out and get both our targets during the off season,  I at least trust the new guy to make the best move possible should it come to the fallback options.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Given the quality of the coaching candidates available this year, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bills let Sean McDermott go and tried to upgrade at HC. I don’t see how they can keep repeating the same formula over and over and expect to win against this KC juggernaut, plus McDermott has made some terrible in-game clock management decisions and his defense hasn’t been that great lately. 

The Bills would easily be the #1 opening and I doubt Bills fans would be able to stomach the thought of hiring Belichick at HC. 

4 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

We are now the sole NFC team with the longest drought since an NFC Championship game.  Hell froze over for Detroit.  I’m happy for their fans and looking forward to the future here.  Gonna be our turn soon.  

The last time Detroit made it to the NFCCG the Redskins beat them 86-10 in the 2 games they played them that year.

Hopefully they do better this time around. 

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

The last time Detroit made it to the NFCCG the Redskins beat them 86-10 in the 2 games they played them that year.

Hopefully they do better this time around. 

And they were the 2nd best team in the NFC that year.  

5 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Can't find who posted it, but here's hoping that McDermott sticks around in Buffalo because that would a very attractive opening for any young HC.  Don't need Ben Johnson going over there

The owner already committed to his return earlier in the season. Pegula can be loyal to a fault.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commander PK said:

We are now the sole NFC team with the longest drought since an NFC Championship game.  Hell froze over for Detroit.  I’m happy for their fans and looking forward to the future here.  Gonna be our turn soon.  

We are do. We play the lions in 2025. Hopefully, that will be the time for Washington to become relevant. Two year rebuild.

Edited by Redskins 2021

And two out of those three have now been a HC for over 15 years, it’s a different league in many many ways. 

Also Reid calls the plays despite never doing it earlier in his career. There was no way to know he’d become one of the most influential offensive minds in modern history when he was hired, but today if you’re chasing an Andy Reid you’re finding that guy as an OC, maybe as a passing game coordinator. The leash on HC’s is much shorter and the timeline on coaching staffs staying together and developing is tighter. You aren’t likely stumbling on a secret playcalling genius by gambling on a guy who has never been a coordinator before. And that’s fine, as that tweet demonstrates you can succeed with a HC who doesn’t call plays. But the likelihood is that the very best candidates are being trusted with some sort of responsibility in their current organizations, because you want your brightest minds and strongest communicators carrying the most weight. So likely the best candidates are coordinators in this era. 

Edited by Conn