Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I don't think so.  Once he signed on the dotted line for our 5 year deal he went to work for Harris. :) 

He was supposed to meet with us and maybe he still does but he needs another year, I think.  

He's still meeting with us

52 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am wondering if Adam Peters is still involved at this point with his previous employer as it is still inseason for them?  Will he get a superbowl ring if the 49ers win the SuperBowl? Or does he cut all ties once he was hired?

He will get a ring if they win

He’s no longer involved with their operations at all, he’s 100% diving into his new job and cut off from his staff at his old job. That’s normally how it goes

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He's still meeting with us

Thank you, @ThatNFLChick.  I still think he needs another year, maybe two before he's ready.  The Baltimore D is awesome!  Plain nasty!  To me, not injury setbacks. They should be the favorite to win the Super Bowl.  That's just me though.  I know I have been back and forth on this but it's a hard decision to make, if I change my mind people can hound me.  LOL.  MacDonald is my first choice. 

I like this from an article I read and Harris has always been impressed with the culture and structure of the Ravens organization and well as he should be.  Ozzie Newsome may very well go down one of the best if not the best GM ever in the NFL.  Check out what Mike MacDonald says about Harbaugh and Ozzie:

Baltimore Ravens' Culture Under John Harbaugh Has Allowed Mike Macdonald To Thrive - Sports Illustrated Baltimore Ravens News, Analysis and More

"We’re so fortunate and lucky to be around, first of all, the organization," Macdonald said Thursday. "The organization, when you think about it, it’s made up of people, and the alignment that comes from the top here when I was an intern and [executive vice president] Ozzie [Newsome] being the general manager and starting with him, starting with [owner] Steve [Bisciotti] [and] now working with [executive vice president & general manager] Eric [DeCosta] – really everybody throughout the building."

Baltimore's front office has always been strong. They have gone through just three coaches in the 27 years of the franchise's existence. That kind of stability allows for growth and greatness to be cultivated everywhere. 

The most important part of the entire machine though centers around the head coach. John Harbaugh joined the Ravens in 2008 and has won 160 games, a Super Bowl title, and a Coach of the Year Award. 

To someone like Macdonald, Harbaugh's leadership has been everything to him and something he'll take with him if he ends up leaving for a head coaching job. 

"The person that he (Harbaugh) is, and the leader that he is, you just have great role models that you look up to and that are high integrity [and] high character individuals and just phenomenal leaders," Macdonald explained. "So, they’re easy guys to follow. If and when that opportunity presents itself, obviously you want to model that behavior after them.”

No one knows if Macdonald will end up leaving Baltimore to run a team of his own, but with the way the Ravens run things, it would just be another chance for the next up-and-coming coach to be developed by the organization. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Would you?

Not w/ a ten foot pole

Same general problem as EB. Dude has his system and he is gonna run it, consequences be darned.

No flexibility. Maximum hubris.

Chip had actual returns from his investment, but the cost on the team was astronomical. Not sustainable and not worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Id be ok with Chip as an OC for an offensive HC. He can help with play design without messing up the team with his rigid system and ridiculous playcalling. 

He would be ok in this case only. But even then I would be worried about him weaseling in a few play calls here and there and pictures of Donald Duck on the sidelines 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Nah, his time with them is done since he's a Washington employee now.

I'm 99% sure they will opt to give him a ring since he was a major part in constructing their roster. 

Ring?

San Fran going get spanked silly by Baltimore; just like earlier this season. It would close for a half but Ravens would pull away convincingly in the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Ring?

San Fran going get spanked silly by Baltimore; just like earlier this season. It would close for a half but Ravens would pull away convincingly in the 2nd.

Look at the 2024 Nostradomas over here 😂🫵

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Not w/ a ten foot pole

Same general problem as EB. Dude has his system and he is gonna run it, consequences be darned.

No flexibility. Maximum hubris.

Chip had actual returns from his investment, but the cost on the team was astronomical. Not sustainable and not worth it.

Yeah, I’d lean this way too. We’d have some awesome team smoothies though!

49 minutes ago, wit33 said:

If Jayden Daniel’s is the pick, 100% entertain it.  

Yeah, that would make things much more interesting. 

@RWJ your last harbaugh post was deleted to comply with our rule of "no political or religious content in the stadium"

No explanation or discussion is needed or is even ok to do. There's no penalty in this instance. :cheers:

Just now, Jumbo said:

@RWJ your last harbaugh post was deleted to comply with our rule of "no political or religious content in the stadium"

No explanation or discussion is needed or even ok to do. There's no penalty in this instance. :cheers:

Thank you, Jumbo. :)  I appreciate that. :)  

• Thumb up 1

16 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Conversely, almost every insider has linked Washington to Ben Johnson. Nevertheless, we have to bring in a minority candidate to satisfy the Rooney Rule which we have not done to this point. So when I see a short-list of three candidates and IMO the least impressive resume belongs to the candidate who would satisfy the RR, I begin to speculate.

What makes Morris have the least impressive resume? His Super Bowl ring? The fact that at every stop in his coaching career he has related to his players, garnering their respect and gaining a healthy dose of cooperation and players clamoring to play for him?  Maybe it's his maturation in the 15 years since his head coaching stint of a bad Buccaneers team?

Your take is... buffonery. You being a 'dark-skinned minority' does not make your shameful and ill-informed take of Morris' candidacy any more palatable.  In fact, the shame is that you fail to see that Morris should have these interviews, Rooney Rule or no Rooney Rule. Also, you fail to point out that Raheem may not be afforded these interviews otherwise because 'insiders' and power-brokers fail to see the legitimacy of Black/brown head coaching candidates and the contributions of Black position coaches/coordinators are oft times belittled because said coach is from '______coaching tree'.  

I am not advocating we hire a Black.  I want the BEST coach.  Having opportunities for more, diverse voices in the hiring-interview process will not take opportunities from anyone.  In fact, it creates opportunity. I would take that Atlanta interview you mentioned.  The owner-GM fraternity is small and there are only 32 head coaching positions available.  That fraternity talks and thise talks may open up another opportunity elsewhere... the whole point of the Rooney Rule in the first place. Also, those Rooney interviews aren't being given to first year video operators.  They are going to valid, career coaches who are losing to less tenured and less proven... other... coaches i.e. Morris vs Johnson. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the talk about MacD’s defense stopping the offensive candidates’ teams is almost nonsensical. That only proves he knows his Xs and Os and can lead a unit. Being a HC is a different deal. There are a lot more skills involved, not to mention the temperament and personality. We’ve seen any number of brilliant, successful coordinators on both sides of the ball be awful HCs.

I think MacD will probably do well wherever he lands. That said, I’d prefer we go with Johnson or Slowik. Finding DCs is a hell of a lot easier than finding a new OC every few years. If the HC is calling the plays, or can do it if need be, it gives your team a real advantage in terms of continuity IMO.