Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Kind of wild that it’s likely there will be more defensive HC hires than offensive in 2024.

Maybe. You got Mayo and Pierce and likely Belichick on the defensive side. Johnson and Harbaugh likely on the offensive side. Carolina probably goes offense too and I doubt it gets either Johnson or Harbaugh. Then you need the last two spots (probably Seattle and Tennessee) to both go defense. Possible and I get that many of the "name" candidates left are defensive guys (Morris, Glenn, Vrabel, Quinn), but there are usually some surprises too.

I wish Antonio Pierce well, but the Raiders hiring the coach before the GM and basically sticking with the interim guy based on half a season is questionable logic. To some extent, they backed themselves into a corner based on how Pierce finished the season and won over the locker room. But I have serious concerns how well that hold up and how much Pierce is actually a great coach or simply not Josh McDaniels.

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Speaks volumes and put Ben Johnson's to rest too.  Makes you think!  I wonder what's going on in Adam Peters and Harris's mind right now.  LOL

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cymypvu6ju03ar9wbh

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RWJ said:

So who becomes the new DC. Guesstimate.  I'm still waiting for SIP to answer me. LOL 😆

lol, I am burnt out some by this head coaching discussion let alone guessing who the defensive coordinators would be for hypothetical HCs. 

I got no idea who he's close with on the defensive side.  If its purely playing the game of association than it would be someone from Miami when he was there or Detriot now -- but the Miami coordinator from that time runs the Texans defense.  Maybe John Fox who is an assistant with Detriot?  He's a bit old, though.

I'd guess its someone who has been let go in these coaching purges.  Not every hire is a an association game.  We have had two coaches -- Jay but much more so Ron who liked to hire people he's coached with before but not every HC plays it so religiously.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

35 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Could we also bring in Aaron Glenn from Detroit to be our DC with the additional title of assistant HC ??? Assuming we go the Johnson route…

Detroit would just give him the same title and then block the interview request. 

6 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Both Harbaugh and Vrabel have been available for weeks to interview, we haven't interviewed either so does this mean we aren't interested in them as our HC?. 

Why would we be? Neither fit the MO we’re looking for.

I’d also add that whilst we will clearly aim to recruit the best, Harris was very keen to stress that both he and Peters want to create a diverse organisation, I don’t think our minority interviews are necessarily just a tick in the box exercise that many think.

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cymypvu6ju03ar9wbh

Not sure what your gif is supposed to mean - are you excited about the prospect or nervous about it? McDonald's defense is nasty and will help carry the Ravens to the Super Bowl.  If he's the hire, I'm okay with it for sure.  I'd love an offensive HC, but I'll make an exception for Mickey D (nickname patent pending*)

Those Ravens defensive stats for MacDonald are incredible compared to how poor the JDR defense was run.

I feel like whoever is the new HC, the LB's will be finally addressed.

How the hell did a LB HC and DC so ignore the position in the center of their D? 🤮

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Not sure what your gif is supposed to mean - are you excited about the prospect or nervous about it? McDonald's defense is nasty and will help carry the Ravens to the Super Bowl.  If he's the hire, I'm okay with it for sure.  I'd love an offensive HC, but I'll make an exception for Mickey D (nickname patent pending*)

I was responding to @RWJ "I wonder what's going on in Adam Peters and Harris's mind right now.  LOL "

I just being feeling the same lately thanks to MMc ;) Link

Edited by FrFan

5 hours ago, Panninho said:

We got to go the Ravens route and hire current Michigan DC Jesse Minter. 😬

True that!  I've thought about Jesse but it's very possible that Jim Harbaugh will poach him from Michigan when/if he gets hired by an NFL team.  Mike MacDonald sure seems to be the best option when we stop and think about what he has done to all the opposing OCs he has faced that we have interviewed or will.  Adam Peters can help him find the perfect OC to groom Maye.  MacDonald is young but he is a leader.  He has shown and proven that.  Baltimore wins the Super Bowl this year.  Will Peters and Harris wait on him.  We will know once Detroit is eliminated from contention whether it be this week, next week or the Super Bowl.  Let it be the Super Bowl.  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

lol, I am burnt out some by this head coaching discussion let alone guessing who the defensive coordinators would be for hypothetical HCs.

Imagine SB LVIII Lions vs Ravens ! ;)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I got no idea who he's close with on the defensive side.  If its purely playing the game of association than it would be someone from Miami when he was there or Detriot now -- but the Miami coordinator from that time runs the Texans defense.  Maybe John Fox who is an assistant with Detriot?  He's a bit old, though.

I'd guess its someone who has been let go in these coaching purges.  Not every hire is a an association game.  We have had two coaches -- Jay but much more so Ron who liked to hire people he's coached with before but not every HC plays it so religiously.  

I hear you on burnt out.  I've thought and SIP, MacDonald has beaten every one of the OCs we have or will interview.  To me, he is the guy.  Peters can find him an OC to groom Maye.  To me, he is the leader of this team.  Young but look what he has done with this team. Sure he has good players but Adam Peters can build the roster to win like he did in SF.  I like Raheem too and I'm still in on Johnson too.  It's a hard decision!  Right now and after watching and seeing what MacDonald has done, I have it this way. 

MacDonald, 1st, Johnson 2nd, Raheem 3rd.  Baltimore wins the Super Bowl and it might be against Detroit.  I hope it is Baltimore vs. Detroit in the SB.   

59 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Those Ravens defensive stats for MacDonald are incredible compared to how poor the JDR defense was run.

I feel like whoever is the new HC, the LB's will be finally addressed.

How the hell did a LB HC and DC so ignore the position in the center of their D? 🤮

Excellent question, DWinzit.  My guess is less than decent coaching and staff and poor drafting.  Just a guess. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am wondering if Adam Peters is still involved at this point with his previous employer as it is still inseason for them?  Will he get a superbowl ring if the 49ers win the SuperBowl? Or does he cut all ties once he was hired?

Nah, his time with them is done since he's a Washington employee now.

I'm 99% sure they will opt to give him a ring since he was a major part in constructing their roster. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, RWJ said:

MacDonald, 1st, Johnson 2nd, Raheem 3rd. 

yeah totally agree, only difference for me is it's a 2 horse race for me now.  McDonald 1 and Johnson 2....all else doesn't matter to me, I was huge on Slowik but after yesterday their offense only managed 3 points the other 7 was ex Redskins Steven Sims Punt return for TD...Slowik and Texans need another season or 2 then go from there.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I am wondering if Adam Peters is still involved at this point with his previous employer as it is still inseason for them?  Will he get a superbowl ring if the 49ers win the SuperBowl? Or does he cut all ties once he was hired?

I don't think so.  Once he signed on the dotted line for our 5 year deal he went to work for Harris. :) 

39 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

He was supposed to meet with us and maybe he still does but he needs another year, I think.