Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

29 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

My gut with Bill is his well is running dry and his style (the patriot way) will never work again in the NFL

I think it can work, provided he has a complementary QB to promote it in the locker room. Belichick can instill it at the coaching level, but he also needs a leader among the players to push the agenda at the player level and who can produce. If it's only the coaches, there could be a disconnect, you're right. 

Edited by BurgundyBooger

Just now, BurgundyBooger said:

I think it can work, provided he has a complementary QB to promote it in the locker room. Belichick can instill it at the coaching level, but he also needs a leader among the players to push the agenda at the player level and who can produce. If it's only the coaches, there could be a disconnect, you're right. 

Boy, I think its going to take more than a QB to get a whole team to buy in. And there aren't very many that have that kind of juice...if any really do. If he ends out in Atlanta he can have TH be the club house leader.....🤣

1 hour ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Would be a great get for LA. Vrabel was just in a trash situation in Tennessee. 

Yeah Tennessee is gonna be bad, and being my local team means the DURRS better win or I'll just have to keep rooting for random teams in the paloffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

Whilst I didn’t want him, I would pause on thinking that’s a bad move for the Falcons. BB might just have plenty left and shut a few people up. Maybe.

Remember Jerry Glanville. Seemed old as dirt when he got there but took them to the big show. 

42 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

LOL, Tom Brady as OC. To fulfill BB's scheme. lol

2 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Or are you saying that someone else will trade up for a QB at 2. Maybe. 

Nope, I'm saying trading back from the higher 2nd round pick (#36), not 2nd overall.

I see names like Bo Nix, J.J. Carthy going early 2nd a decent bit.  

There are a decent number of teams Falcons, Titans, Jets, Vikings, Broncos, Raiders that likely are in the Penix maybe range and no other QB range.  

Falcons (43), Titans (38), Jets (no 2nd), Vikings (42), Broncos (no 2nd), Raiders (44).  Clearly the teams with no 2nd don't count in my original statement, but Vikings/Falcons/Raiders trading picks to jump Titans (Giants even) for QB could add at least one pick (probably 4th or 5th+6th).  Being 40/44 still gives Commanders a good shot at Xavier Legette and Cooper Beebe (for example).  I see this as the way to add to the 9 total picks if they go that route.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

How is this possible?! We were so enamored with him!

Dagnabbit. Them there NFC South* Atlanta Falcons are always beatin us to the punch.

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We placed way too much emphasis on character and not enough on talent.

Gimmie some stone cold killers. This is a football team, not a charity or orphanage.

To quote Doc Walker: "To win sometimes you need some felons."

THANK YOU

Ive gotten into so many online arguments with fans over the years over this subject. As long as they're not a pedo, r-pist, or murderer, sign em up if theyre a beast on the field.

Same with Jim Harbaugh. I dont want him, mainly cause I have other coaches I'd prefer. But people have their gripes with him. And he may have a short shelf life. BUT HE WINS.....EVERYWHERE HE GOES, HE WINS. We've been TRASH....FOR YEARSSS at this point. IDGAF about his personality if the team's running through a brick wall for him every week and winning games.

I still think Belichick + McDaniels to the Chargers would be the kickstarter to relevance that they desperately need. But I can't deny I'd love to see Belichick and McDaniels try to squeeze some juice out of the Moxie Man if he somehow survived the offseason.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

THANK YOU

Ive gotten into so many online arguments with fans over the years over this subject. As long as they're not a pedo, r-pist, or murderer, sign em up if theyre a beast on the field.

From the "I'm not sure why Jeff George and Ryan Leaf didn't work out" files. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Indy had 13 and it led them to 9 wins, found a WR in the 3rd, an OL in the 4th and a TE in the 5th and a DB in the 7th. 

GB had 13 and it led them to 9 wins, found a WR and a TE in the second, another TE in the 3rd, another WR in the 5th, and two DBs in the 7th. 

Jax had 13 and it led to 9 wins, found them a OL, but otherwise looks like they either didn't play or weren't good. 

SF had 9 in 2023, 9 in 2022, 8 in 2021, 5 in 2020, 8 in 2019, 9 in 2018 and 10 in 2017

So that's an idea of Peters's draft strategy on trading back (though it was not really his decision) but he has had 10 picks only once. 

49ers draft picks are the weirdest thing ever. They barely have any top picks because they traded for Christian McCaffrey and moved up for Trey Lance, but they're chock full of comp picks from coaches/players leaving.

Their earliest pick in the 2023 draft would have been pick #99, if they had not traded up from #102 to #87.

Apr 28, 2023: Vikings traded 2023 3rd round pick (87th overall, Ji'Ayir Brown) to 49ers for 2023 3rd round pick (102nd overall, Mekhi Blackmon), 2023 5th round pick (164th overall, Jaren Hall) and 2023 7th round pick (222nd overall, DeWayne McBride)

How crazy is that? It's not like they could move back from a late 1st rounder to add more picks. Their first pick was late 3rd!

12 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

49ers draft picks are the weirdest thing ever. They barely have any top picks because they traded for Christian McCaffrey and moved up for Trey Lance, but they're chock full of comp picks from coaches/players leaving.

Their earliest pick in the 2023 draft would have been pick #99, if they had not traded up from #102 to #87.

Apr 28, 2023: Vikings traded 2023 3rd round pick (87th overall, Ji'Ayir Brown) to 49ers for 2023 3rd round pick (102nd overall, Mekhi Blackmon), 2023 5th round pick (164th overall, Jaren Hall) and 2023 7th round pick (222nd overall, DeWayne McBride)

How crazy is that? It's not like they could move back from a late 1st rounder to add more picks. Their first pick was late 3rd!

And then they traded Lance for a 4th rd. pick, go figure. But the flip side they got McCaffery and drafted Perdy to bail them out.

33 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I've been trying to think about who Ben Johnson reminds me off... finally figured it out🤣 Tosh

image.png.a2f88798da6299c5f5e54105beb5c781.pngimage.png.84564c925b37177f369d72337bb85576.png 

Young Ron Howard, sorry you beat me to it above.

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

LOL, Glanville was 2 coaches before Dan Reeves took the Falcons to the SB.

Elvis is in the building.

Edited by skinsfan66

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

image.png.1c4baaa5e7031193d82b0610327044c4.png

Richie Cunningham

Why DWinzit?  You just had to do it.  Opie.  Now, I'll be thinking of Opie when we see Ben Johnson introduced as new HC and as long as he is in Washington.  Keep it on the inside of ES so no beat reporter gets wind of it!  😆

• Haha 2

If the Bears go Williams, and Fields is available, look for Atlanta to make a play for him.  I’m going to assume Bill gets the job.  I’m then going to assume Ridder and Heinicke will be out of jobs quicker than you can say Heinicke.  

If they could get Jimmy G., I would watch that too.  But his contract might make that tough. 

I think it’s dark horse Fields.  Who’s going to go somewhere.  With the skill position players they have and the ability to run the ball, adding fields with a smart OC might recreate a mini-version of the ravens.  

I still think there’s a chance Reich ends up as the OC in Chicago.  Reich was the HC when Everflus was DC in Indy.  That’s also an easy dot to connect.  

Will be very interest to see who lands where.

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I think it can work, provided he has a complementary QB to promote it in the locker room.

Absolutely. Especially if that complementary quarterback is the greatest of all time, and only accounts for a fraction of his fair market value against the salary cap because his model wife is worth ten times more.