Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

8 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

My number 3 choice has entered the chat.

Although Frank Smith has never worked directly around Peters, he's followed McDaniel around who does know Peters.  Smith was also around Gruden and Payton back in the day. 

3 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I saw after the game Monday eagles fans were throwing pop corn at him walking toward the tunnel leaving the field… cussing him out lol 😝 

Fans are idiots. Sirianni is a good coach and if Lurie does fire him they deserve whatever stupid prizes they win. Dude lost both offensive and defensive coordinators, the talent dropped from last year and they were still a contender all year. Losing AJ Brown didn’t help either.  

That’s why I could care less about the back and forth about which coach to hire. Get a leader and the rest is easy.  BJ / Slowik / Morris, let Peters feel them out from the interview and pick the best MAN. Not the best Xs and Os…  

Managers do the same nonsense at companies, pick the best technical or knowledgeable guy who sucks at leadership then can’t figure out why the performance dips…🧐

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Fans are idiots. Sirianni is a good coach and if Lurie does fire him they deserve whatever stupid prizes they win. Dude lost both offensive and defensive coordinators, the talent dropped from last year and they were still a contender all year. Losing AJ Brown didn’t help either.  

That’s why I could care less about the back and forth about which coach to hire. Get a leader and the rest is easy.  BJ / Slowik / Morris, let Peters feel them out from the interview and pick the best MAN. Not the best Xs and Os…  

Managers do the same nonsense at companies, pick the best technical or knowledgeable guy who sucks at leadership then can’t figure out why the performance dips…🧐

Totally agree, the Eagles would be very foolish to fire Nick Sirianni…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So me and @Voice_of_Reason and who else here isn't jumping off a bridge if they hire Raheem?  He's #4 on my list so I have ones I prefer over him.  But it doesn't feel like a disaster hire to me.   It feels like @RWJ is warming up to him though. 😎

I'm not, I have him 4th right now, as well, and could be on par with Slowik. Slowik is a fantastic OC, but the questions posted by several people in the know about his make up give me pause about him as an HC. Morris is really intriguing the more I read and pay attention to him.

If Morris is the guy, @RWJ will take over for @88Comrade2000 as the resident coach-hater and will be calling for him to be fired Week 3.

• Haha 8

Who would have thought that going into next season,  the Eagles and Cowboys would be the dumpster fires and we are appearing as the stable Organization.   LOLOLOL

Edited by srtman04
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I don't know Ben Johnson. Tom Pelissero said he turned down Head Coaching opportunities last year for personal reasons and things he had going on in his life (and also loyalty to Dan Campbell and straight up feeling like he wasn't ready to be a head coach).

Maybe he chooses where he wants to coach based on personal reasons we aren't aware of this time? Maybe he wants to be closer to family? Maybe he wants more personnel control than we can offer? Carolina isn't the only place, he has 6 interview requests from teams. Maybe he likes Atlanta's skill position players more? Or he likes that the Chargers already have a stud QB in Herbert? Maybe he loves Will Levis and wants to coach him?

I don't think we can act like we know what will factor into his decision or anyone else's. We have no idea. I think people are taking the "Washington looks like the most desirable place" and running with it without factoring in other things that might effect these decisions. 

Agree we got no idea what Ben Johnson wants.

While Ben is my top want.  I am not married to him.  I am getting the vibe that I am one of only here who doesn't have prospective coaches that they might hire that would piss me off.  Quinn borderline might piss me off but I'd get over it fast. 

If I went to Vegas and bet on the most likely, I'd guess Ben Johnson.  But I wouldn't put much money on it.  It feels up in the air. 

7 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Who would have thought that going into next season,  the Eagles and Cowboys would be the dumpster fires and we are appearing as the stable Organization.   LOLOLOL

The NFL is remarkably unpredictable unless you have an elite Hall of Fame QB or Kyle Shanahan. If someone claims otherwise, their ego might be clouding their judgment. 

Hope Washington can become an outlier as well. Maybe Peters is that outlier!

Edited by wit33

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm not, I have him 4th right now, as well, and could be on par with Slowik. Slowik is a fantastic OC, but the questions posted by several people in the know about his make up give me pause about him as an HC. Morris is really intriguing the more I read and pay attention to him.

If Morris is the guy, @RWJ will take over for @88Comrade2000 as the resident coach-hater and will be calling for him to be fired Week 3.

As @Voice_of_Reason pointed out I wasn't a fan of his when he was here.  But he asked me if my mind changed.  And I told him yeah.

I try (not always successfully :ols:) to keep an open mind versus locking into a point of view and closing the book.  And as an NFL junkie (not just a Commanders junkie) I'd have to be blind to ignore all the praise that Raheem has received over the years.  Hard to miss.  

And if they are looking for a leader of men, that's supposedly Raheem's wheel house.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I think the thing is with Morris, is if he’s your fourth candidate, then we swung and miss on the top 3 candidates. That would be disappointing. 

But it’s not inconceivable that Peters views Morris as his 1-2 choice. He has to find someone who he believes will work best. And I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 2

Schrager on The Herd throwing a few points about Harbaugh.  

Nobody is offering Harbaugh a job yet, just interviews.  However, he did mention what I said a couple weeks ago about him and JJ being a package.  Atlanta doesn't have a QB and JJ is coming out.  Is that more attractive to Harbaugh because he could select JJ to QB the team and Chargers already have Herbert?  We'll see.

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Nobody is offering Harbaugh a job yet, just interviews.  However, he did mention what I said a couple weeks ago about him and JJ being a package.  Atlanta doesn't have a QB and JJ is coming out.  Is that more attractive to Harbaugh because he could select JJ to QB the team and Chargers already have Herbert?  We'll see.

Seems really odd. I would think that teams picking 4-7 would totally exploit that situation and make Atlanta give up a ton to trade up.

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Seems really odd. I would think that teams picking 4-7 would totally exploit that situation and make Atlanta give up a ton to trade up.

Who know's, his draft projection is all over the place.

21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

No that's not true.  I will support Morris or whoever is hired as HC.  Please don't characterize me with others on this board until actions prove otherwise and it plays out the way you state.  What I will do is lay a lot of this guy on you with his two daily reports!  :)  

image.png.9c93dc76a3f0ead99bf8e3a9cc1c2eec.png

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Seems like he is just using the NFL to get more favorable contract terms with Michigan. 

4 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

Seems like he is just using the NFL to get more favorable contract terms with Michigan. 

I don't know.  I think Jim is of age that he wants one more run at the NFL and win a SB and then retire.  That contract that Michigan is offering is out of bounds!  Huge money for a college deal.

"Michigan has already offered to make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in college football via a guaranteed six-year deal worth $11.5 million annually. There would be additional performance-based bonuses."  :drooley:

Jim Harbaugh remains engaged in contract talks with Michigan amid NFL swirl (yahoo.com)

For some reason I’m just not that interested in Ben Johnson. I feel like something will throw his coaching career out of wack. It has nothing to do with what was stated earlier in this thread about not taking opportunities last year. I just feel like something is missing, but the crappy thing is, I don’t know what. 

Could you imagine if Peter’s and Johnson came here and both sucked. We could give them a good nickname for it like Washington D.C. & WDC which stands for….

Spoiler

Washington Dick Club

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thumb up 2

I watched a lengthy post-game press conference with Slowik and another with Johnson. Both are impressive. Johnson impressed me as a humble, smart, and thoughtful guy who was eager to give credit to others who helped him succeed. Slowik wasn't egotistical, but he did seem more "in charge." I liked them both, but Slowik seemed to show more of the assertiveness that's stereotypically associated with the head coach position. Johnson is more interesting and unique.

I've also been wondering about Anthony Weaver. Is he a guy that might also be considered for the DC position if we, for example, hire MacDonald as HC?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

For some reason I’m just not that interested in Ben Johnson. I feel like something will throw his coaching career out of wack. It has nothing to do with what was stated earlier in this thread about not taking opportunities last year. I just feel like something is missing, but the crappy thing is, I don’t know what. 

Could you imagine if Peter’s and Johnson came here and both sucked. We could give them a good nickname for it like Washington D.C. & WDC which stands for….

Hide contents

Washington Dick Club

Speaking from experience, it’s battered fan syndrome- always expecting the worst.  Particularly when it seems like things are looking up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I think the thing is with Morris, is if he’s your fourth candidate, then we swung and miss on the top 3 candidates. That would be disappointing. 

But it’s not inconceivable that Peters views Morris as his 1-2 choice. He has to find someone who he believes will work best. And I definitely give him the benefit of the doubt.

Our lists here mean about as much to the Front Office as a poopy flavored lollipop. I wouldn't be disappointed in any of the top 4--beyond really wanting Ben Johnson. The others all have their pros and cons. The other thing is, like you said, I give Peters the benefit of the doubt. He's not going to fire someone because they got too much credit, like Allen did with McCloughan. I have full faith they will make the best choice because we have actual, real, live football people making the decisions.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Speaking from experience, it’s battered fan syndrome- always expecting the worst.  Particularly when it seems like things are looking up.

It's real, after all these years BUT we have a very decent owner & now GM who know the criteria of what they want.

They'll get their best guy  

I'm pretty sure Ron has to actively be looking for a job in order to make the money from the last year of his contract. Same reason why Kliff Kingsbury couldn't just run off to Asia and bang models all day while getting paid by the Cardinals.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1