Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

@Skinsinparadise Here's my list.  Someone posted and they made a good point.  This league is an Offense driving one.  We need a good OC HC and OC under him to keep it going but we also need to search high and wide for a good DC too.  

1.  Ben Johnson.  Seems like complete coach profile wise.  X's and O's playcall caller, leadership skills, personality.  He's the dude profile wise that gives me zero concerns

2.  Slowik.  I like the Kyle pedigree, groomed a young QB, seems like a nice guy.  Got concerns about whether he's a leader of men but I'll trust the FO to ferret that out

3.  McDonald.  Seems like a young defensive genius, seems like a nice guy.  Don't have a good read on his leadership skills one way or another

4.  Raheem Morris.  His reputation as to leadership-motivational skills seems off the charts.  Kyle and Sean swear by him.  Concerns -- I've never assoiciated him as being an X's and O's genius type but i don't know.  Dude, had his chance.  No way.  Not again.  

4. Weaver -- I know almost nothing about him. 

6. Glenn.  Don't know much about him, heard he's a great motivator but his defenses aren't always that hot  We can do much better.  

7.  Quinn -- good defenses for Dallas, but not always in big games.  Have heard he's not the best game day manager.  Some sell him hard as a motivator but I haven't cared enough to dive into that narrative.  Overrated and after the GB loss, no way.

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

1.  Ben Johnson.  Seems like complete coach profile wise.  X's and O's playcall caller, leadership skills, personality.  He's the dude profile wise that gives me zero concerns

2.  Slowik.  I like the Kyle pedigree, groomed a young QB, seems like a nice guy.  Got concerns about whether he's a leader of men but I'll trust the FO to ferret that out

3.  McDonald.  Seems like a young defensive genius, seems like a nice guy.  Don't have a good read on his leadership skills one way or another

4.  Raheem Morris.  His reputation as to leadership-motivational skills seems off the charts.  Kyle and Sean swear by him.  Concerns -- I've never assoiciated him as being an X's and O's genius type but i don't know.

5. Weaver -- I know almost nothing about him.

6. Glenn.  Don't know much about him, heard he's a great motivator but his defenses aren't always that hot

7.  Quinn -- good defenses for Dallas, but not always in big games.  Have heard he's not the best game day manager.  Some sell him hard as a motivator but I haven't cared enough to dive into that narrative

Our lists are the same except we flip 3/4 (Macdonald (and it is Macdonald, not McDonald. I looked it up) and Morris.  

And we flipped Weaver and Glenn, you put him above Glenn, I put him lower because I don't know anything about him.  

But, I'd say we're in about the same spot.

Honestly, I think it's going to be either 1 or 2.  I REALLY hope Morris gets another opportunity, I think he'd do really well.  

3 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Yet the more I see of Jay on social media, the more I think to myself: What an asshole!

Definitely doesn't look good for a former NFL HC to have twitter tantrums with former players.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

My thing about Macdonald and why he is at #1 is he completely ate both Johnson and Slowik's lunch this season. Now to be fair, Houston is a really young and less talented team and it was their first game of the season but he simply outcoached the other side in BOTH games against Detroit and Houston. The Lions could not do anything offensively 

It was Ravens 38, Lions 6

And Ravens 29, Texans 9

I am excited about Saturday because I want to see what Slowik has learned from that 1st meeting and how he adjusts.

The only slight pushback I would give you, and this is a good point, is the Ravens are just better than the Lions and the Texans, and probably better than any team in the NFL.  They've basically cub stomped everybody all year.  Some of that is coaching, a lot of that is they just have better players.  

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I REALLY hope Morris gets another opportunity, I think he'd do really well.

I'm warming up to this idea. He was really young when he got his first opportunity and had very little talent on those teams. Still managed to win 10 games with Josh Freeman at QB.

• Like 1

I don't really get the concerns for Slowik's personalty. Is Kyle Shanahan a rah-rah, leader of men type person? I've never gotten that impression from him. And he isn't a quirky dude like McDaniels or giving inspirational Al-Qaeda teamwork speeches like McDermott. I think Kyle is simply a competent coach who earned people's respect through his abilities. I have no idea whether Slowik can match those skills, but I don't see a reason why he can't.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dallas is in the same boat. They both built for a SB run and failed miserably. The Giants are just miserable. The NFCE will be available to win next year imo.

By the way. I would go after Biadasz in FA. The guy is very good. And not only do you get a good player. But you weaken a division opponent. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Dallas is in the same boat. They both built for a SB run and failed miserably. The Giants are just miserable. The NFCE will be available to win next year imo.

That is a lot of talent on defense. If Quinn leaves, minus some of this talent, that leaves their D in the hole it was in pre Quinn. The difference though is they have 3 All Pros to work with in Parsons, Diggs and Bland

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Definitely doesn't look good for a former NFL HC to have twitter tantrums with former players.  

True but...We are talking about a guy who was caught on camera sitting on a street after hours smoking up with a random chick while he was a coach. He definitely does things his way. LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

By the way. I would go after Biadasz in FA. The guy is very good. And not only do you get a good player. But you weaken a division opponent. 

Just by chance, I am looking but has he every played OG in the NFL or CFB?

Where is all the Rhaeem love coming from? He sucked as HC in Tampa and has not been very good DC with the Rams. The Rams want him gone so they can bring Brandon Staley back. This PR effort by McVay and Demioff is self serving for them.  They benefit massively if Rhaheem gets a HC gig. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was Griffin who had the audacity to again play the victim a decade later, very on brand.

That was on Gruden who took the obvious bait. Clearly never has been A LEADER OF MEN!

• Haha 3

As we turn the page to a new regime, I recall thinking it’s hard to blame Robert for being a Robert the way he was empowered by ownership here.  22 years old, seemingly with the world at his fingers.  But it’s wild watching him so many years later continue with revisionist history, even with a budding career as a media personality.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As we turn the page to anew regime, I recall thinking it’s hard to blame Robert for being a Robert the way he was empowered by ownership here.  22 years old, seemingly with the world at his fingers.  But it’s wild watching him so many years later continue with revisionist history, even with a budding career as a media personality.

Dude is beyond delusional.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The only slight pushback I would give you, and this is a good point, is the Ravens are just better than the Lions and the Texans, and probably better than any team in the NFL.  They've basically cub stomped everybody all year.  Some of that is coaching, a lot of that is they just have better players.  

I mean, we see with Dallas who have an insanely talented team that coaching does matter. I also think the Lions have very very good players on the offensive side of the ball. 

He also outcoached and embarrassed McDaniel and outcoached Kyle Shanahan and nobody can say the 49ers aren't talented.  

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As we turn the page to anew regime, I recall thinking it’s hard to blame Robert for being a Robert the way he was empowered by ownership here.  22 years old, seemingly with the world at his fingers.  But it’s wild watching him so many years later continue with revisionist history, even with a budding career as a media personality.

This is why it's easy to blame Griffin because he still hasn't changed and "nothing is ever his fault".

He really should stfu before folks start pulling receipts on him, folks have been moved on, wtf?

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Dude is beyond delusional.  

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This is why it's easy to blame Griffin because he still hasn't changed and nothing is ever his fault.

He really should stfu before folks start pulling receipts on him, folks have been moved on, wtf?

Robert standing up there after that Tampa game talking about Peyton Manning don’t play well when his guys don’t play well still ranks highly on the foot-in-mouth charts for this org.  And man, there was so much tape indicting him, showing all the stuff he couldnt process and failed to hit.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Whoa.  Maybe we get Hankins this year!  HAHA

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

4.  Raheem Morris.  His reputation as to leadership-motivational skills seems off the charts.  Kyle and Sean swear by him.  Concerns -- I've never assoiciated him as being an X's and O's genius type but i don't know.  Dude, had his chance.  No way.  Not again.  

I think he had his chance when he was 32, he's grown a lot, and everybody raves about him and his leadership ability and his growth.  He also was down there in Tampa in the lean years, and he might have done about as well as could be asked.  

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

4. Weaver -- I know almost nothing about him. 

6. Glenn.  Don't know much about him, heard he's a great motivator but his defenses aren't always that hot  We can do much better.  

What are you basing the fact we can do better on?  He was rated as the best DC in the NFLPA's player poll.  Interestingly, Morris was #5 on that list.  Also interestingly, Macdonald was not on the top 5.  For whatever it's worth. 

https://nflpa.com/posts/nfl-players-rank-top-team-coordinators

Just because he's not a name that the media bandies about doesn't mean he wouldn't be a REALLY strong candidate. 

8 minutes ago, RWJ said:

7.  Quinn -- good defenses for Dallas, but not always in big games.  Have heard he's not the best game day manager.  Some sell him hard as a motivator but I haven't cared enough to dive into that narrative.  Overrated and after the GB loss, no way.

Quinn is last on my list.  I think he's going to either stay the DC in Dallas or end up with Seattle.  Or HC of the Cowboys if Jerrah stays in-house after he fires McCarthy.