Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

21 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Raheem Morris and Dan Quinn have already had thoroughly uninspired runs at HC.  If we were going to hire a defensive guy, I would rather go for Antonio Pierce if LV doesn't retain him 

Raheem isn't my top guy.  But for him it was short and eons ago when he was 32.   He's supposedly come a long way since.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Raheem isn't my top guy.  But for him it was short and eons ago when he was 32.   He's supposedly come a long way since.

Well, Jay, there's a reason he's criticized every coach we've had here...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Well, Jay, there's a reason he's criticized every coach we've had here...

I can remember like yesterday how much he criticized Kyle when he was here.  I can't recall exactly how he said it but I recall once it was something like Kyle is no Mike and we hired Mike's offensive prowess not Kyle.

I like Brian in general.  Ran into him in camp, super cool and nice guy.  But yeah he hasn't liked anyone here and its never an x's and o's explanation for why he doesn't so it feels a bit vague.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I'm not sure why this "Slowik has personality concerns" thing keeps being brought up? There's never a link to anything that was actually said but on top of that, out of all the guys interviewing, Peters knows him the best. They didn't work together for a short while it was yearsssss. It's also not like they worked together a long time ago and need to familiarize themselves, they were still working together in 2022. 

If Peters had concerns he could just say "hey guys, I know him well, he's not a leader so not the kind of head coach we're looking for" and that would be that. The fact that he's being brought in kind of signals that he probably doesn't have those concerns. Now that might not mean he's the best person for the job but Peters knows him really really well. 

Not to mention, besides Kyle the Head Coach that Peters probably knows best is DeMeco from their time together in San Fran so I'm sure he can get intel from him on Slowik if he had any questions about his leadership in the last year

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can remember like yesterday how much he criticized Kyle when he was here.  I can't recall exactly how he said it but I recall once it was something like Kyle is no Mike and we hired Mike's offensive prowess not Kyle.

I like Brian in general.  Ran into him in camp, super cool and nice guy.  But yeah he hasn't liked anyone here and its never an x's and o's explanation for why

To be fair, no one liked Kyle when he was here. He was kind of a petulant hot-head here. He had 2 more OCs before he landed the job in SF--one of which he left after the Browns drafted Manziel.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

To be fair, no one liked Kyle when he was here. He was kind of a petulant hot-head here. He had 2 more OCs before he landed the job in SF--one of which he left after the Browns drafted Manziel.

He had some fans on the board as a play caller.  Mitchell wasn't ripping the personality but the play caller.

• Like 1

So let's say we hire a "leader of men" guy and he's a defensive coach.  Who would be some top incoming OCs??? I'm not really talking about current coordinators, but more so who's the next batch of Ben Johnsons and Frank Smiths coming up in the ranks. Surely Peters is well connected throughout the league and has a inside track on the younger coaching talent.

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I'm not sure why this "Slowik has personality concerns" thing keeps being brought up? There's never a link to anything that was actually said but on top of that, out of all the guys interviewing, Peters knows him the best. They didn't work together for a short while it was yearsssss. It's also not like they worked together a long time ago and need to familiarize themselves, they were still working together in 2022. 

If Peters had concerns he could just say "hey guys, I know him well, he's not a leader so not the kind of head coach we're looking for" and that would be that. The fact that he's being brought in kind of signals that he probably doesn't have those concerns. Now that might not mean he's the best person for the job but Peters knows him really really well. 

Not to mention, besides Kyle the Head Coach that Peters probably knows best is DeMeco from their time together in San Fran so I'm sure he can get intel from him on Slowik if he had any questions about his leadership in the last year

I said concerns "to me".  I have a right to my opinion as to forming impressions I get from reading or hearing about people.   That's all we can do is form impressions.  Like I said in another post, we aren't meeting these people personally.  So ultimately the gauge of these personalities will be the FO.    

It's clear you like Skowik.  That's cool.  Do you have a #2?  He's actually my #2 unless they interview Frank Smith, then he'd be my #3.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

But he schemed an almost unstoppable offense.  He was kindof a petulant child, it's true.  But he was a damn good OC. Petulant child maybe, but damn good OC.  

And frankly, I don't think he's changed that much since then. He's still a petulant child, even though he's in his 40's now.  The difference is it's acknowledged how good a coach he is, he is in control of everything (they are coach-centric), they win a lot, and if you don't buy in, you get shipped out.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

So let's say we hire a "leader of men" guy and he's a defensive coach.  Who would be some top incoming OCs??? I'm not really talking about current coordinators, but more so who's the next batch of Ben Johnsons and Frank Smiths coming up in the ranks. Surely Peters is well connected throughout the league and has a inside track on the younger coaching talent.

Off the top of my head Klint Kubiak stands out to me. I'd also look at Ben McDaniel (side note, can we PLEASE get more coachs that start with McD/MacD?!) the Houston Passing Game Coord. I'd raid the Lions staff including our old friends Antwaan Randle El and Mark Brunell. Tanner Engstrand is their passing game coordinator

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He had some fans on the board as a play caller.  Mitchell wasn't ripping the personality but the play caller.

I liked Kyle as an OC from the beginning.  When I saw him figure out how to get SOMETHING out of Sexy Rexy, I thought that was some next-level Matrix combined with jedi mind tricks OC stuff.  Then he created an entire offense for Griffin, combining the traditional Shanahan offense with read-option concepts, and it was sheer brilliance.  

Just now, Ball Security said:

Raheem Morris, Aaron Glenn, Anthony Weaver.

And just as a point of fact, all three are massively deserving of head coaching opportunities.  It wouldn't shock me if 2 of the 3, or maybe all 3, got jobs in this cycle.  Especially if Philly and Dallas open up.  If there are 10 openings, which is JUST under 1/3 of the league, just about all the names we have on our list will get jobs somewhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I liked Kyle as an OC from the beginning.  When I saw him figure out how to get SOMETHING out of Sexy Rexy, I thought that was some next-level Matrix combined with jedi mind tricks OC stuff.  Then he created an entire offense for Griffin, combining the traditional Shanahan offense with read-option concepts, and it was sheer brilliance.  

I know I complemented him at times.  I don't recall though if I was back and forth on him.   Been a long time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

But he schemed an almost unstoppable offense.  He was kindof a petulant child, it's true.  But he was a damn good OC. Petulant child maybe, but damn good OC.  

And frankly, I don't think he's changed that much since then. He's still a petulant child, even though he's in his 40's now.  The difference is it's acknowledged how good a coach he is, he is in control of everything (they are coach-centric), they win a lot, and if you don't buy in, you get shipped out.  

Don't get me wrong, I liked Shanahan and thought he would succeed Mike and lead us to prominence. Little did I know how bad that diminutive turd stain of an owner was and what a horrible environment this really was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I said concerns "to me".  I have a right to my opinion as to forming impressions I get from reading or hearing about people.   That's all we can do is form impressions.  Like I said in another post, we aren't meeting these people personally.  So ultimately the gauge of these personalities will be the FO.    

It's clear you like Skowik.  That's cool.  Do you have a #2?  He's actually my #2 unless they interview Frank Smith, then he'd be my #3.

Macdonald and Slowik are tied right now at #1

Johnson is #2

I don't have a 3 at the moment, but I know I do not want Bill B, Harbaugh or Dan Quinn. 

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I know I complemented him at times.  I don't recall though if I was back and forth on him.   Been a long time. 

I was all in all the way through. I think I was the last standing defender of Kyle and took many body blows for it in 2013.  It shows you how much the league thought of him, because of the way it ended here, he went to Cleveland, and then quit at the end of the year because of some tiff with the coach/ownership, I can't remember.  And STILL got a 4th OC job (he was the OC in Houston before he came here) with Atlanta.  

I get that the league gives guys opportunity after opportunity, but 2013 and 2014 weren't exactly great looks from the outside looking in. However, it appears as though the league blamed Dan and whoever was in Cleveland more than Kyle.  And then the rocket ship REALLY took off after that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Off the top of my head Klint Kubiak stands out to me. I'd also look at Ben McDaniel (side note, can we PLEASE get more coachs that start with McD/MacD?!) the Houston Passing Game Coord. I'd raid the Lions staff including our old friends Antwaan Randle El and Mark Brunell. Tanner Engstrand is their passing game coordinator

Most definitely agree on someone with a Mac Or Mc in their name lol......McDaniel is intriguing just because he's a small branch from the Shanahan tree

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Macdonald and Slowik are tied right now at #1

Johnson is #2

I don't have a 3 at the moment, but I know I do not want Bill B, Harbaugh or Dan Quinn. 

Mcdonald is my #3. 

Beliichick and Harbaugh I gather aren't coming here.  As for Quinn, he's last for me on the list they are interviewing.  But if they hire him, I'll trust it.  Will see. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Jay Gruden is hilarious and I hope he keeps beefing with people on Twitter.

As long as he's not coaching a team I root for, I wish him nothing but the best in twitter beefs, and hope he eventually turns it into a cage match with Griffin.  

• Thumb up 1