Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Simply because as Harris put it these guys work 80 hrs a week and that tells me someone needs to be in place that do all the other stuff not football related.  Just a thought

Yeah these guys are going to be all in on their specific job, dont like the wearing of multiple hats. Concentrate on your area and go all in. HOG gets it.

• Like 2

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Yeah these guys are going to be all in on their specific job, dont like the wearing of multiple hats. Concentrate on your area and go all in. HOG gets it.

So the second Ron leaves we suddenly no longer value PoSiTiOn FlEx?!

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It feels so damn good to hire a respected front office person away from a respected team. Just hiring anyone at all from a good team is a grand slam, even if he flops. It means that the Commanders are respected for being a place of opportunity. It isn't just beat reporters talking it up. It's actually happened. Someone *wants* to be here.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, DarrellsMyHero28 said:

Very curious about the GM hire being completed first vs. President of Football Operations.

We dont know all the info. The President of Football Ops thing making it sound like 2 openings coulda just been bad reporting and Peters effectively has that role, just with the GM title.  

40 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It feels kind of odd to me that there were several reports narrowing our search down to two names and the second interviews haven't even occurred and we won't know until next week.

What if both these guys start receiving interest from multiple other teams that have had recent openings like the patriots and both decide they would like to go somewhere else?

If that scenario plays out (which I don't expect it to just contemplating worse case) suddenly our first class search for a new gm is going to look totally incompetent. 

We'd have lots of egg on our face if that happens, let's hope this gets wrapped up quickly or there's already a handshake deal in place because I don't want this new regime starting off on the wrong foot.

This aged pourly

Just now, justice98 said:

How soon before they dump Mayhew is my question.  Peters might throw him a bone and give him a new role.  Assuming he even likes him or his work like that.  

Someone still has to run harvestfest.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

How soon before they dump Mayhew is my question.  Peters might throw him a bone and give him a new role.  Assuming he even likes him or his work like that.  

Yeah they worked together in San Fran but that may not necessarily be Mayhew's saving grace. I mean we've all worked with people who sucked at their jobs and wouldn't wanna work with them again in a future workplace.

• Like 1