Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

The Patriots didn't have to go through the hiring process (including the Rooney rule) becasue Mayo supposedly had a provision in his current contract to be coach or something like that.  I don't know the details, but they didn't have to go the required hiring process because of that.

10 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

Bring back Sonny too. I used to love when my dad would turn the sound down and watch the game with the radio broadcast on. Good times…

I hope they keep100.3 classic rock do not have to change the station. Who is Audacy owner? No more AM please, I think was Dan's stations?. Problem I have is the 3 doing the games, just terrible. Need change, that's all that needs to be said!

• Thumb down 1

7 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

So now where does Vrabel land?  He'd be great in DC.

I will be so furious if he ends up in Dallas but honestly that seems like a good fit if they exit early and they move on from McCarthy. 

16 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

So now where does Vrabel land?  He'd be great in DC.

He probably bides his time waiting for a HC call(s) and possible interviews and then take a job with NE. 

34 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Damn that was fast! Had to have been something already in the works prior to Bill leaving.

He had language in his contract saying he would be the successor to Belichick. Not sure how water tight that was but everything was already teed up.

I actually think its a mistake. They would be better off making a clean break and going in a completely different direction IMO. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Give him personnel control too.

I'm liking it!  Getcha some more of that NE hospitality, Jerrah.  It';s you buddy.  IMO, Brady made Bill.  Bill didn't make Brady.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, actorguy1 said:

I think it leaks over the weekend and is officially announced by Tuesday 

Yeah neither candidates team has a game at the weekend, might as well make the announcement as soon as possible and move on.

30 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He probably bides his time waiting for a HC call(s) and possible interviews and then take a job with NE. 

I don’t see Vrabel making it out of this cycle without a HC job. Unless he decides he doesn’t want one with the teams that have openings. Seattle is a logical spot for Quinn but Vrabel would be a good fit there too. 

• Like 1

Listenting to Keim's podcast today with Mike Jones.

A.  Keim thinks the GM spot is filled by Monday.

B.  Keim asking around the league hears good things about both Cunningham and Peters but with Peters having a clear edge.  One told Keim Peters would be a grandslam homerun hire

C. Jones and Keim isn't hearing much buzz about offensive minded coaches aside from Ben Johnson as to whom personnel guys think is the best.  It's Johnson a clear mile over the next crop as for thoughts from people they talk to.  After Johnson, the defensive names are mentioned more.  No clear runner up to Johnson on offense.  One prospective GM (not sure it was for this team) said Johnson would be his first call if he got the job.

D.  Keim when asking around the league hears mostly this is top job for head coaches in the NFL, some say 2nd best.  Mike Jones said he hears mostly 2nd best, and the Chargers is the top with Atlanta the third

4 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

Yeah I saw that Peters has some ties to NE.  If this team wants Peters they should move fast.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listenting to Keim's podcast today with Mike Jones.

A.  Keim thinks the GM spot is filled by Monday.

Listening to Al Galdi's pod and he hinted to that timeline as well.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I want someone that Peters hand picks.  Just me. :)  I hope that Harris and Co. give him that right.  They will have input but let him make the final decision.  

• Like 2

Patriots are a mess and insist on continuing to live in the shadow and dying culture of a fading legend. You can’t even create a legacy for yourself there because the greatest dynasty of all time just recently ended, and the fans are ruthless. Nobody with better options is going there.