Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Love to know who pushed for Tom Brady to be drafted.  We know it wasn't Peters but I'd like to know.  

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-unsung-heroes-who-spurred-the-patriots-to-draft-tom-brady-when-no-other-team-wanted-to-230014212.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHEx1Dwaml12agxD7X-fgaL8pOBhwqkBvMNuwut6AxLfftNC_PQeVYBdQK4QvSvIHTywc5u8-WOdhmEXKEqpS3WuBTFwmhx20bkTU83rGX_vHPS14eD-nz0teaEI92WqoRv-KPqoTa20ir2WfGM81K2PWB1MTAt-LTCeUzMV_6XI

They’ll be reliving an unprecedented run of NFL success from a lightly regarded prospect who, famously, wasn’t selected until the 199th overall pick in the 2000 draft. That Brady went even that high – and to New England – is due to the diligence of two men: then-Patriots quarterbacks coach Dick Rehbein and then-player personnel director Bobby Grier.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-unsung-heroes-who-spurred-the-patriots-to-draft-tom-brady-when-no-other-team-wanted-to-230014212.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHEx1Dwaml12agxD7X-fgaL8pOBhwqkBvMNuwut6AxLfftNC_PQeVYBdQK4QvSvIHTywc5u8-WOdhmEXKEqpS3WuBTFwmhx20bkTU83rGX_vHPS14eD-nz0teaEI92WqoRv-KPqoTa20ir2WfGM81K2PWB1MTAt-LTCeUzMV_6XI

They’ll be reliving an unprecedented run of NFL success from a lightly regarded prospect who, famously, wasn’t selected until the 199th overall pick in the 2000 draft. That Brady went even that high – and to New England – is due to the diligence of two men: then-Patriots quarterbacks coach Dick Rehbein and then-player personnel director Bobby Grier.

Thanks, SPJ.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Not impressed with the guy who designed and built the number one offense in the league? Really?

Yeah, and they just lost a home game that would have them the division. They've had some really good talent and what exactly have they won? 

Just now, No Nonsense said:

Yeah, and they just lost a home game that would have them the division. They've had some really good talent and what exactly have they won? 

I am actually floored by the McDaniels hate in this thread tonight. Dude literally built the best offense in the NFL from scratch. With nothing. And no one seems to be impressed about that. Crazy world. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

You're welcome. BTW don't do a Bing image search for Dick Rehbein things won't end well 😔

Edited by spjunkies
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Anyone else feel like the GM/HOFO decision has already been made and not announced if they are interviewing coaching candidates at this point?

Assuming Harris is following his plan, they are probably recording the virtual interviews. 

It might be cool to have the GM HOFO candidates evaluate the interviews as part of their own interview process. 

Edited by Leonard Washington
Wordsmith
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I know nobody cares right now, but here's something to think about while we're waiting on Peters to officially be announced. 

Isn't it time for the radio rights to go up for sale? Hopefully Harris will put the games back on 106.7 or 980 where they belong. I know that Audacy is going through some tough financial times but I hope they can make it happen. 

Bring back Sonny too. I used to love when my dad would turn the sound down and watch the game with the radio broadcast on. Good times…

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Love to know who pushed for Tom Brady to be drafted.  We know it wasn't Peters but I'd like to know.  

Those Patriots guys get credit, but our former very own Matt Cavanaugh wanted him in the 3rd round in that draft. Ravens don't miss often in the draft, but they should've listened to Cavanaugh on that one instead of taking Chris Redman.

11 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Hes made the dolphins look good and not trash anymore . The dolphins for a long time been worst than us , they also scored 70 points this season . They are close to a SB and probably get it next year or this year if they beat KC.

Edited by Commander202

2 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

Hes made the dolphins look good and not trash anymore . The dolphins for a long time been worst than us , they also scored 70 points this season . They are close to a SB and probably get it next year or this year if they beat KC.

If he's that good, where are these whispers coming from that if they lose, he could be gone? I'm going by what was said earlier. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It was on the Man in the Arena show on ESPN. I can't remember who it was though. He's probably long gone now. 

• Like 1

I like Ben Johnson and am not necessarily pushing for a defensive coach to by our next HC. I'm just reminding everyone who thinks that only an OC should be our next head coach that Norv Turner proved that the best OC at the time can turn out to be one of the worst HC's at the time.

Jack Kent Cooke famously told him when he was hired that he could be the HC of the Redskins as long as he wanted to be. Things didn't exactly turn out that way.

41 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If he's that good, where are these whispers coming from that if they lose, he could be gone? I'm going by what was said earlier. 

Is there any legitimacy to these "whispers" of just some fake internet BS?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, No Nonsense said:

So if after two years here Ben Johnson is helming the league’s #1 offense on a talented team, but the team hasn’t won a playoff game or two yet—or hasn’t made a SB run—you’re out on him? lol people are ridiculously entitled. Two years. Guys who were obviously building something used to get the leeway to take more than a few swings before being considered unimpressive. Professional sports are hard. 

This is QB rather than HC related, but remember how people thought Payton Manning was overrated and couldn’t win in the playoffs for the longest time? The longest time. Until he did, because the ingredients were always there. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I like Ben Johnson and am not necessarily pushing for a defensive coach to by our next HC. I'm just reminding everyone who thinks that only an OC should be our next head coach that Norv Turner proved that the best OC at the time can turn out to be one of the worst HC's at the time.

Jack Kent Cooke famously told him when he was hired that he could be the HC of the Redskins as long as he wanted to be. Things didn't exactly turn out that way.

Norv Turner was a horrible communicator, guys like that don’t really get hired as HC’s anymore. Zimmer was another one. You need to be a lot more in-tune these days on a guy’s personality and ability to network with fellow coaches and communicate with players. It’s not even about being a “player’s coach”, today’s players just want to know ‘why’ a lot more and if you are the sort of coach that can indulge that, you are rewarded. Leaders nowadays are collaborators, not just innovators. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I know nobody cares right now, but here's something to think about while we're waiting on Peters to officially be announced. 

Isn't it time for the radio rights to go up for sale? Hopefully Harris will put the games back on 106.7 or 980 where they belong. I know that Audacy is going through some tough financial times but I hope they can make it happen. 

At worst bring back the pre and post game show on local ch 576.  I miss me some Jordan Giorgio, B Mitch, Moss, JP, and Tischler.  the YouTube show is waaaay worse plus the pregame starting at noon was always the drinking alarm to ensure I at least started in case I was busy or forgot.  lol

4 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

At worst bring back the pre and post game show on local ch 576.  I miss me some Jordan Giorgio, B Mitch, Moss, JP, and Tischler.  the YouTube show is waaaay worse plus the pregame starting at noon was always the drinking alarm to ensure I at least started in case I was busy or forget.  lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Guys who were obviously building something used to get the leeway to take more than a few swings before being considered unimpressive. Professional sports are hard. 

Totally different time, but no one will objectively say Tom Landry wasn’t a great coach. It took him 7 seasons to get a winning record. No way that will ever happen today. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Like 1

I like McDaniel, but I think there are legitimate concerns as he was 1-5 against winning teams this season. And is 4-7 over the past two seasons in December or later (three of those wins were against us and the Jets)

If we had a choice between McDaniel and Johnson, I’d have no problem going with Johnson.

2 hours ago, RabidFan said:

At worst bring back the pre and post game show on local ch 576.  I miss me some Jordan Giorgio, B Mitch, Moss, JP, and Tischler.  the YouTube show is waaaay worse plus the pregame starting at noon was always the drinking alarm to ensure I at least started in case I was busy or forgot.  lol

I think we will be getting news throughout the offseason such as improvements to the stadium improvements, fan experience, gameday broadcasts, etc….

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn't think of it this way until now.  I'd put money that Cunningham would have a strong idea of what Poles thinks of Caleb, Fields, Maye, etc.

Yeah that really is the ultimate inside track into what the Bears are thinking, currently anyway.

• Like 1