Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, boston skins fan said:

All the commanders interviews are done by tonight i believe.  If thats the case hopefully news will start to leak tomorrow that Peters is the guy.

Seeing how Harris operates. He MAY already have his guy in Peters but he's not going to announce it because he wants to give everyone the impression that all received equal consideration, which they may have. The point is. he's not just going to stop the interview process once he was done with Peters because it doesn't show a lot of class. Harris does things the right way!! 

• Like 2

Just now, OtisDriftwood25 said:

To be honest Saban can make 5 million dollars sitting on ESPN for 4 months doing college gameday. If he does have the love of football and the itch to coach NFL is so much easier. You don’t have to recruit year round and go into kids living rooms.

No chance he’s going to the nfl. 

What’s more interesting is who goes to Bama. I wonder if Belichick is intrigued. He’s kinda old to be on the recruiting trail, though.

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I don't see the Chargers being #1. Their owner is garbage and has been for a couple decades. They have no fans, they play 17 road games a year. 

agreed, the only advantage they have and I recognize it’s a huge one (possibly most important) is the QB. The Chargers are the third most popular football team in LA. The ownership is suspect and has been for a while.

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

What’s more interesting is who goes to Bama. I wonder if Belichick is intrigued. He’s kinda old to be on the recruiting trail, though.

Colleges are going to have harder times attracting talented coaches imo. With the transfer portal and everything else that is changing College football is a mess. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hope James Franklin goes to Bama, that would be a blessing to Penn State. But seriously, maybe the head coach at Washington goes there? 

Anybody else feel there's a changing of the guard going on with football in general?  I mean Belichick and Tomlin are the last of the dinosours. 

I think it's needed to be more relatable to the younger players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

Anybody else feel there's a changing of the guard going on with football in general?  I mean Belichick and Tomlin are the last of the dinosours. 

Most definitely,  but I think Saban just had enough of the NIL and the transfer portal. Listening to his interviews you could tell he didn't want to adapt with the changes, and college has changed a lot in a very short time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Tomlin is 51.

If he's a dinosaur I suddenly feel very very old.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Colleges are going to have harder times attracting talented coaches imo. With the transfer portal and everything else that is changing College football is a mess. 

Money talks though. You don’t think college coaches will have an easier time now? Dealing with an agent over the phone rather than travelling the country talking to parents. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It says GM. Is he actually interviewing for general manager or is this also for head of football operations?

Reporters are just using those terms interchangeably for us right now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Tomlin is not a dinosaur, damn it.  He’s 51.  

He just got his first HC job when he was in diapers.  

He’s GenX.  

And I’m not just saying that because if he’s a dinosaur then I’m a dinosaur.  He’s 4 years older than me. Kyle Shanahan is 44.  Not that much younger.  

FWIW, John Harbaugh is 61. 

Dan Campbell is 47.  He is perceived younger because he just got his first HC job 3 years ago. But he’s only 4 years younger than Tomlin. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My guess would be Dabo, Sark, Kiffin, or Deboer. Wonder if someone like Tomlin would take that job.

2 minutes ago, dunfer said:

Money talks though. You don’t think college coaches will have an easier time now? Dealing with an agent over the phone rather than travelling the country talking to parents. 

Thing is you can get your guy, train him, have him flourish and he might just transfer out on you in the offseason. It is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Seeing how Harris operates. He MAY already have his guy in Peters but he's not going to announce it because he wants to give everyone the impression that all received equal consideration, which they may have. The point is. he's not just going to stop the interview process once he was done with Peters because it doesn't show a lot of class. Harris does things the right way!! 

He also couldn’t stop the process with Peters, because he hadn’t interviewed Cunningham yet, the vital second (at least) Rooney Rule candidate. 

I agree with you though. Even if all parties involved had a sort of gentlemanly handshake agreement, Harris would give it a little time and consider all applicants. And just as importantly, give the impression he’s considering all applicants. 

1 minute ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

My guess would be Dabo, Sark, Kiffin, or Deboer. Wonder if someone like Tomlin would take that job.

Dabo wouldn't surprise me one bit, seems like things might be getting stale there at Clemson and he's a Bama Alum

1 minute ago, Conn said:

He also couldn’t stop the process with Peters, because he hadn’t interviewed Cunningham yet, the vital second (at least) Rooney Rule candidate. 

I agree with you though. Even if all parties involved had a sort of gentlemanly handshake agreement, Harris would give it a little time and consider all applicants. And just as importantly, give the impression he’s considering all applicants. 

I don’t think you need a second Rooney Rule candidate for the GM position, just Head Coach.

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is you can get your guy, train him, have him flourish and he might just transfer out on you in the offseason. It is ridiculous. 

Yeah I don’t understand how the players get paid in college. Are they not contracts?

oh nm I just decided to google it and guess it all endorsement money they’re getting. Nm then

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 1