Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Yep. But that move means they are most likely going QB at 1. It would be Fields third system in 4 years if he was staying there.

I hadn’t connected that dot.  

Getsy is off the Shanahan tree through LaFleur.  If I were the Bears I’d find somebody off that tree to be the OC to keep the terminology mostly the same.  They can do that.  There are plenty of places to look. 

I am not sure I am connecting the dot.  Also I am a bit surprised because the offense was much better the back half of the season.  

32 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also, what is pretty hysterical about Lynch's title is Shanahan actually makes the final decisions, though they work exceptionally well together, so it doesn't really matter.  But if Kyle wanted to overrule Lynch, he could, and Lynch's title is President.  

It's just about giving people titles.  Sometimes titles are meaningful.  Sometimes they're not.  

Final decisions on what tho’?
Are you suggesting Shanahan has the power to over rule decisions on FA, trade or draft acquisitions and contracts, etc? 

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's likely, but I wouldn't consider that a lock...

Just because they worked together before doesn’t mean they liked each other. Shrug.  

I think Mahew is as good as gone, and if he stays it will not be with a GM title.  

Hurney is a problem.  I want him out the door asap. 

3 minutes ago, FuriousD said:

Final decisions on what tho’?
Are you suggesting Shanahan has the power to over rule decisions on FA, trade or draft acquisitions and contracts, etc? 

Yep.  He has roster control.  They actually have a coach centric approach.  But it works because Kyle lets Lynch do his job. And they work together.  But as far as I know Kyle is the final decision maker.  

But he’s smart enough to know to let Lynch run the personnel side and they work together.  

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

I have been trying not to ask this so I dont sound like a dummy but I am confused enough now.......are we replacing a GM with President of Football OPs entirely? Or have they not been 100% clear on that yet? 

39 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Finlay said yesterday they cannot hire someone now using the GM title since Mayhem is still currently employed as our GM.  So once we hire a Pres or VP of Football Ops it they will probably lay off Mayhew and would be able to hiring a GM under say Peters if he/they want to.  Unsure if candidates want sole power of ops and personnel as you said they are currently asst GMs right now anyway and are top talent evaluators.  Would be insane if we got Peters to run the show and want a consigliere to work with in one of the other asst GMs we are interviewing.   Dream Team if they can work together and have the same philosophy towards building a team.

Convoluted. Were going to end up with Bruce Allen again aren't we?

General Manager of "International Harvest Fest Coordination and Coors Light facilitation"

Edited by Chris 44
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I have been trying not to ask this so I dont sound like a dummy but I am confused enough now.......are we replacing a GM with President of Football OPs entirely? Or have they not been 100% clear on that yet? 

Harris kind of set this up in his PC and is flexible.  He's calling it Head of Football ops (people can call it EVP/President or whatever) so it remains up to that guy whether he hires a GM.  Perhaps with a new HC involved in that. 

Edited by HigSkin

6 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Convoluted. Were going to end up with Bruce Allen again aren't we?

Dream team scenario meaning we hire Peters to run things and maybe he hires Cunningham and GM and we get 2 great minds.  At least that was the scenario.

16 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

It's likely, but I wouldn't consider that a lock...

Zac? Not sure I’m familiar with his work, but Mayhew absolutely has to go. Everyone from the previous regime should Probably be let go imo, and anybody involved in player acquisition such as Mayhew should be in the first bag to hit the curb. He had/has a horrible history as a GM and never should’ve been hired in the first place. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I hadn’t connected that dot.  

Getsy is off the Shanahan tree through LaFleur.  If I were the Bears I’d find somebody off that tree to be the OC to keep the terminology mostly the same.  They can do that.  There are plenty of places to look. 

I am not sure I am connecting the dot.  Also I am a bit surprised because the offense was much better the back half of the season.  

Watching the talking heads and it appears to them that the Bears keeping Eberflus means Fields stays there. So I am most likely wrong. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Zac? Not sure I’m familiar with his work, but Mayhew absolutely has to go. Everyone from the previous regime should Probably be let go imo, and anybody involved in player acquisition such as Mayhew should be in the first bag to hit the curb. He had/has a horrible history as a GM and never should’ve been hired in the first place. 

Its just a matter of time, this whole **** show is adios.

Every person they are interviewing already has a list of folks they will bring in. Same for HC, everyone they end up interviewing already knows who they will have join them. 

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Watching the talking heads and it appears to them that the Bears keeping Eberflus means Fields stays there. So I am most likely wrong. 

Great news if that means we get Caleb! I’ll believe it when I see it though. I think it’s reading too much into it to say that Eberflus staying automatically means Fields stays as well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Harris kind of set this up in his PC and is flexible.  He's calling it Head of Football ops (people can call it EVP/President or whatever) so it remains up to that guy whether he hires a GM.  Perhaps with a new HC involved in that. 

Ah ok. Duh I do remember saying that now. Thank you for explaining that to me. Basically it depends on who they hire. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yep.  He has roster control.  They actually have a coach centric approach.  But it works because Kyle lets Lynch do his job. And they work together.  But as far as I know Kyle is the final decision maker.  

But he’s smart enough to know to let Lynch run the personnel side and they work together.  

Huh.. I was not aware. But wouldn’t that equate to a mark down against Peters as an assistant in the Niners current system?

9 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Great news if that means we get Caleb! I’ll believe it when I see it though. I think it’s reading too much into it to say that Eberflus staying automatically means Fields stays as well.

I would think that it means they are gonna sell the pick, and probably not to us, cuz there is a bigger return to be had elsewhere....

5 minutes ago, DiscoBob said:

I would think that it means they are gonna sell the pick, and probably not to us, cuz there is a bigger return to be had elsewhere....

Not if they want Marvin Harris Jr. He could be one of the missing pieces they need.

1 minute ago, RVAskins said:

Not if they want Marvin Harris Jr. He could be one of the missing pieces they need.

If they know that Washington and NE are going QB, then trading with NE would make the most sense.  They still by MHJ at #3 and get more for the trade up....

31 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It’s honestly not been completely clear, so don’t feel bad.  They are hiring someone to be the “Head of Football Ops”, exact words used.  I think that person’s title might depend on who it is.  An especially strong candidate (Peters) might get I title higher than GM.   I think that is the reason the title has been vague.  The final title might differ depending on who the hire is.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DiscoBob said:

If they know that Washington and NE are going QB, then trading with NE would make the most sense.  They still by MHJ at #3 and get more for the trade up....

Well, at least that narrows it down to just us and NE to trade with. And New England will have to offer more because there is always a risk that we would change our mind and take Harrison at two or trade down to somebody else who would take Harrison at 2. They may be content to take the safety of our offer, even if it’s less than what New England will pay.

• Thumb up 1