Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

If you can't draft the one you love, honey, love the one you draft!

47 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

I'm Helpless Hoping we get the right front office and coaching staff this time around.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

and then we "Carry On" from there.  

... as we celebrate being rid of the dark cloud that began to hang over us, some 4+20 years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

It feels like the only way any team can keep a young creative OC is by making him head coach. They’re gone fast otherwise.

Vrabel's tenure is kind of instructive of that. It's not the only thing that went wrong in Tennessee, but he lost LaFleur and then Smith and then ended up having to fire the replacement as the offense goes downhill. 

That's the kind of thing many of us worry about if we are developing a young QB (Maye perhaps). That QB getting comfortable with someone and losing them during his development. Then potential losing another one a couple years later. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

This is wrong. His guaranteed salary would be paid by the team that trades for him. His cap number is 24.1 mil, his dead cap hit if traded would be 16.8, for a net saving of 7.3 mil.

Thanks! I got the dead cap number from OTC.

Hes still not going anywhere.

31 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Curious, how many HC interviews has EB been scheduled for? Are teams requesting permission?  Have they liked what they saw with what he did here?

He’s not getting Head Coaching looks off the back of this season. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

No more Deja Vu!  

its been a generation since we had a consistent winner and many have never experienced it on the reg.  Us old heads need to Teach our Children well about it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

If we are going to draft Drake Maye, I think we should be grabbing an offensive minded HC. If I look at all of the candidates in a vacuum, I might like Mike Macdonald the best. 

Isn't Macdonald a defensive guy?

Do you mean Monken?

It seems that the stars are aligned. Draft picks, QB/OL draft of plenty, great GM, HC, coordinators candidates, some very good FA, and on top of that we're the most attractive rebuiding franchise. :taz::815:

34602212_0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, RWJ said:

Nugget from Keim: Rick Spielman's brother works for the Lions (Ben Johnson connection). Spielman is part of the advisory process for Harris as we know.  

I am assuming you are talking about Chris Spielman.  It seems weird not to just name him because he is so famous in his own right.  Growing up in the 1990's he was one of the top 5 or 6 LB'ers of that decade playing with the Lions with 5 pro bowls and 3 All Pro's selections (One 1st team and two 2nd teams).  And then after the retired he was ubiquitous calling games for Fox for a decade or so. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, RabidFan said:

its been a generation since we had a consistent winner and many have never experienced it on the reg.  Us old heads need to Teach our Children well about it.

( For What It's Worth )

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Listening to a Detriot reporter on the Junkies talking about Ben Johnson, that reporter was cynical about other coaches but then when started talking about Johnson he gushed.

"He's a stud". "It's going to stink when he leaves." He makes everyone on the team better.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to a Detriot reporter on the Junkies talking about Ben Johnson, that reporter was cynical about other coaches but then when started talking about Johnson he gushed.

"He's a stud". "It's going to stink when he leaves." He makes everyone on the team better.

Yep hes like Mcvay for us in 2016. Everyone knew he was a rock star.

Just now, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

My only reservation about Ben Johnson’s scheme is that they seem to struggle with the blitz (to my untrained eye when I watch Detroit play). Not sure how much that is Goff/scheme/etc. But it did stand out to me considering that they have lot of talent on the OL. 

Goff has always been horrendous under pressure.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

My only reservation about Ben Johnson’s scheme is that they seem to struggle with the blitz (to my untrained eye when I watch Detroit play). Not sure how much that is Goff/scheme/etc. But it did stand out to me considering that they have lot of talent on the OL. 

Goff's immobility doesnt help at all imo. Which ever one of the top 3 QB's this front office covets and drafts doesnt matter in that regard. They can all move. And all move well. 

• Like 1

Mike Valenti - radio host from Detroit on with The Junkies on Ben Johnson

• He's a stud
  • Revitalizes guys careers, all the guys have gotten better
  • Aggressive, great play action scheme on first down
  • Tons of intermediate attacking shots
  • Detroit leads the league in passes over 20 yds
  • Run scheme diverse, tons of action
  • One weakness is redzone

EDIT - I'm slow this morning in getting to posts!  I see @Skinsinparadise is on it.  LOL

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1