Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Just now, RabidFan said:

I hit the Scarborough Fair on my way there.  

Tell both Simon and Garfunkel there is no "Sound of Silence" in this thread at the present time.  Peace, RF.  Like you, dude!  :) I'm and oldie but still somewhat goodie, I hope.  I CSNY it!  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Tell both Simon and Garfunkel there is no "Sound of Silence" in this thread at the present time.  Peace, RF.  Like you, dude!  :) I'm and oldie but still somewhat goodie, I hope.  I CSNY it!  

If you can't draft the one you love, honey, love the one you draft!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I see where you are coming from but there are more bust in the top half of the NBA drafts every year than in any other league in my opinion.By the way, how was the track record of our last owner? 

I think you missed my point.  I hated Snyder, he was terrible, and a trash bag full on rabid monkey **** would have been a better owner.  Success is relative to the other teams in the league, so Harris's team have seen only an average level of success. I'm just not ready to jump all over Harris' jock because owns two other teams and has seen average results. 

Picks in the top 15 of the NBA draft have a high bust rate because there's on 5 guys of the court, 15 to a team. That's why there's only 2 rounds now. But the really high draft picks in the NBA have seen far greater success than in MLB or the NFL.  In the NBA, there have been 14 #1 draft picks since 1965 that have made the hall of fame, with 2 or 3 more playing right now that will surely make it. Since 1965, there have been only 2 #1 overall draft picks that have made the hall of fame in MLB, Bryce Harper may end up being the third.   For NFL, the number is only 10 since 1965, and I don't see any good bets in the hopper after Peyton Manning from 1999 and 2016. The #1s after 2016 are still too young to judge. 

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If you can't draft the one you love, honey, love the one you draft!

and then we "Carry On" from there.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

Just now, HigSkin said:

Nice post as always, HigSkin.  Saw this earlier and I like some the names on it.  Sullivan is an excellent cap guru. RJ Gillien is a name ot watch too as he is SFs Director of Pro Personnel.  He may land a job here.  Cunningham, I think is a bright and upcoming mind for GM but I think ALL control will be given to Peters to make those calls.  Fun times ahead.  :) 

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

All the ESers see the option to bet on EB.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952ovmouh4ipwsp2jmnyz

Hey Rufus.  @Skinsinparadise did us a favor tonight and posted the Rick Snider betting odds on favorites.  It's only 2 minutes, bruh!  Give it a listen.  Let us know what you find out.  Much appreciated, partner.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm Helpless Hoping we get the right front office and coaching staff this time around.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

A good analogy here is my profession of screenwriting. In TV, the top dawgs are "showrunners" who are essentially the CEO of the TV show and have final say and authority over all aspects of the production. Showrunners are writers, often/usually who created the show, but the responsibilities are vastly expanded from just writing episodes... you have to manage the writers room, hire department heads, manage the edit, you're the one taking studio and network notes, you make casting decisions, you're on set overseeing the shoot, liaise with marketing, on and on and on.

Some writers actually don't want that scope of responsibility. There are multi-decade veterans who stay in the writers room and just write, because that's their passion. Then there are the mega-showrunners who don't actually put pen to paper and write much at all, anymore. All they want to do is the managing and producing - sometimes they'll write the pilot episode, or in some cases they basically don't write at all. And there are writers who fall everywhere in between.

Many industries are like this where as you transition from individual contributor to management, the nature of the role changes dramatically and people have different preferences as to whether they want to continue up-leveling or stay on the line.

Dope, thanks for sharing.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think its the same dude because I heard the name Matt but didn't catch his last name.  But not on Grant and Danny but on Lynell's radio show just a few minutes ago on 106.7

I listened to him on Grant and Danny and he said the people he's spoken to said it's a done deal, they believe he's going to Washington.

Google Podcast if you want to listen.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cub21ueWNvbnRlbnQuY29tL2QvcGxheWxpc3QvNGI1ZjlkNmQtOTIxNC00OGNiLTg0NTUtYTczMjAwMDM4MTI5LzViNzBmYzYzLWZjNzUtNDRiMy05Zjg3LWE3YTAwMTc3MTAyOS9iYWY4NGVkZC04YTMxLTRmYzMtOGE3Yi1hN2EwMDE3NzEwMjkvcG9kY2FzdC5yc3M/episode/Yzg2ZWEyODYtZDFiYy00ZTg2LThjMzktYjBmMjAxNzgzOTQy?sa=X&ved=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwiou9CY8tGDAxUAAAAAHQAAAAAQSQ

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If we are going to draft Drake Maye, I think we should be grabbing an offensive minded HC. If I look at all of the candidates in a vacuum, I might like Mike Macdonald the best. He has a large sample size. He was very good in Baltimore, left and they worse not as good. Then was very good in the college game. Then came back to Baltimore and they have looked Brilliant. He's from a great organization. He looks like he can take average defensive personnel and field a unit that is better than it's individual parts. 

But the thing that is going to determine our long term success is how well we develop our young QB. If our defense sucks, we can just get a new DC in 2 years. We need the best coach to develop and build around a Drake Maye or Caleb Williams.  

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If we are going to draft Drake Maye, I think we should be grabbing an offensive minded HC. If I look at all of the candidates in a vacuum, I might like Mike Macdonald the best. He has a large sample size. He was very good in Baltimore, left and they worse not as good. Then was very good in the college game. Then came back to Baltimore and they have looked Brilliant. He's from a great organization. He looks like he can take average defensive personnel and field a unit that is better than it's individual parts. 

But the thing that is going to determine our long term success is how well we develop our young QB. If our defense sucks, we can just get a new DC in 2 years. We need the best coach to develop and build around a Drake Maye or Caleb Williams.  

I agree and think they will lean OC guy.  The interesting part of this years candidates is there's only 3 hot OC names (Johnson, Smith and Slowik).  All the others are DC's

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I agree and think they will lean OC guy.  The interesting part of this years candidates is there's only 3 hot OC names (Johnson, Smith and Slowik).  All the others are DC's

It feels like the only way any team can keep a young creative OC is by making him head coach. They’re gone fast otherwise.

• Like 2