Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You guys have sold me on McClay, obviously Dallas has drafted really well. He is currently the VP of Player Personnel.  Could they not offer him a higher title, like President, and that would prevent Jerry from blocking the move?  . 

Reading the narrative over the years about Dallas and McClay is they get how instrumental he's been to their success and never want to lose him.

So losing him to this team within the division I'd presume would drive Jerry nuts.  I'd gather it was forced his hand to something.  What?  I don't know. 

Ironically I was just telling my wife las Sunday while rooting for Dallas to beat this team for the draft pick -- its tough for me to watch Dallas in part because they have so many players I've liked before those drafts including below the radar guys like Jake Ferguson. 

Dallas Cowboys vice president of player personnel Will McClay is expected to garner significant interest from rival teams, but the Cowboys would "likely spend big" to retain the prized executive.

ESPN's Dan Graziano reported the biggest potential snag in McClay returning to Dallas is if he seeks a general manager title, which belongs to owner Jerry Jones. It's considered highly unlikely that Jones would relinquish that title, as he's long had a strong hand in football decisions.

McClay joined the Cowboys as a scout in 2003 and has been working his way up the organization for the past two decades. He was hired for his current role, which makes him Jones' right-hand man on football-related matters, in 2017.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10103418-cowboys-rumors-will-mcclay-valued-by-dal-would-likely-spend-big-to-keep-exec

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Keim.  If @Koolblue13 only reads one post today he'd want it to be this one.

A.  Bieniemy won't be the HC.  He thinks he might not even get an interview.  Too many players don't care for the scheme or his personality.

B.  Belichick nope.  No chance.

C.  Harbaugh --he doesn't think so but a slimmer of a chance

He's been saying that for a while on Belichick.  

I don't think there was a chance EB was going to get an interview after the way the season ended.  If the offense had ended top-10, and Howell looked like a legitimate starter, he would have been the favorite for the job.

Neither thing happened.  He's out.

My guess is he's going back to the Chiefs. He's a good ying to Reid's yang. Mahomes and Kelce have both brought up, unsolicited, that they miss the accountability he brought to their team, and their offense has been a bit of a mess this year. 

EB should give up on the HC dream and go back to the Chiefs.  They're going to win a few more SBs.  This off-season, they're going to sign 25 WRs and then see which ones of them can catch footballs, which seems to be the thing their current crop of WRs can't do.  Which is somewhat part of the job description of a WR.

If I was the Chief's, I'd call the Commanders and offer a second for Terry.  If I was the Commanders I'd turn that down.  But I would offer it. Terry already knows the system, he's better than any WR they have, and Mahomes would make him a 1500 yard receiver.    

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listened to Keim.  If @Koolblue13 only reads one post today he'd want it to be this one.

A.  Bieniemy won't be the HC.  He thinks he might not even get an interview.  Too many players don't care for the scheme or his personality.

B.  Belichick nope.  No chance.

C.  Harbaugh --he doesn't think so but a slimmer of a chance

I appreciate that, but no need. That ****ing imbecile MIGHT get a job in Carolina is the same way Zorn got one here, because Fassil backed out. 

Nobody is hiring that incompetent frittata. Even VoR has kinda checked out on him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FrFan said:

We DESPERATELY need to hire somebody from that 2013 staff so when they put up the graphic of the 10 coaches on that 3-13 team who are now successful Head Coaches in the NFL, we have one of them.  

The other option would be Raheem Morris.  Also on that staff. 

Amazing how that staff had the worst record of the Dan Snyder era.  Granted, tied for the worst record.  But golly.  The reason, of course, is Dan broke everything.  But my goodness. 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

How Texans OC Bobby Slowik has helped C.J. Stroud excel as a rookie

HOUSTON -- In the waning seconds against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 9, Houston Texans offensive coordinator Bobby Slowik had a hunch.

The Texans were on the Buccaneers' 15-yard line trailing 37-33 with 10 seconds remaining. Based on his analytical data, Slowik knew Bucs coach Todd Bowles would be in Cover 4. Texans coach DeMeco Ryans, who's also the defensive playcaller, runs a similar Cover 4-based defensive approach, so Slowik knew how to attack what he had seen countless times in practice.

Slowik dialed up a double post concept with receivers Noah Brown and Tank Dell lined up close to each other. Brown's objective was to occupy the safety and have Dell one-on-one with cornerback Carlton Davis III.

When quarterback C.J. Stroud caught the snap, the defensive coverage unfolded precisely how Slowik anticipated, and Dell quickly got open for the winning touchdown. Stroud's final throw capped a historic afternoon. He set a rookie record for passing yards with 470 -- passing Andrew Luck (433).

That was one of Stroud's most memorable throws in his rookie season, but it signified a playcaller and a player in lockstep........................................

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nobody is hiring that incompetent frittata. Even VoR has kinda checked out on him.

Yes, but I haven't resorted to name calling just yet.

Hindsight is 20/20.  They should have hired one of the retread boring OCs who was going to keep the offense the same as Turners rather than trying to install a new offense in a must win season with a 23 year old 5th round QB. Just give the job to Zampese and hope he can do the same thing Turner did just a tad better.  

And they probably should have signed some more competent OL players.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yes, but I haven't resorted to name calling just yet.

Hindsight is 20/20.  They should have hired one of the retread boring OCs who was going to keep the offense the same as Turners rather than trying to install a new offense in a must win season with a 23 year old 5th round QB. Just give the job to Zampese and hope he can do the same thing Turner did just a tad better.  

And they probably should have signed some more competent OL players.  

They should have fired Jack and promoted Harris and then kept Turner and signed better OL.

44 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McClay would exceed even Peters with me.  He's been quietly a legend whenever you read about personnel-scouting guys.  He's the unsung hero for saviing that franchise from Jerry.  From what I've heard Jerry stopped interferring much in their drafts because McClay was so good at his job. 

Well, Cowboys recent run of competence has also coincided with Stephen (Jerry's son) taking on a much more prominent role with running the ops over there. He and McClay seem to be able to repel Jerry enough to run things well in the front office. I hope McClay gets the $$$ there or gets a huge GM gig elsewhere. Very deserving executive from all accounts.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

They should have fired Jack and promoted Harris and then kept Turner and signed better OL.

Turner was a complete and total fool.  He needed to be fired.  The players saw that he had about 1/8th of the family genes.  He was a bad leader, bad play caller, bad play designer, had no energy, and the players lost faith in him.

He needed gone.  He lasted 2 seasons too long, as it turned out.  Frankly, he should never have been hired, they should have kept Kevin O'Connell, as it turns out. 

As down as you are on EB, I am as down on Turner.  Total fraud.  I was a defender of his for a while because he had to deal with peg-leg, water pistol and big beard.  But in the end, he was a no-nothing idiot.  

EDIT: I agree, fire Jack, promote Harris.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The irony of the "Rivera winning the news conference" article SIP posted above...

Is that he didn't win many of those, either.

Local journalists (especially Krim) always saw through the bull

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not a Quinn guy but wouldn't hate it

I really dont want a defensive head coach. The problem with that is even if you find an offensive genius they will get poached in a year or two for a head coaching gig. It happens all over the league. Then you are constantly having to start over on the offensive side of the ball. We meed a QB guru offensive head coach for our incoming rookie QB. We need the two of them to grow together. 

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We DESPERATELY need to hire somebody from that 2013 staff so when they put up the graphic of the 10 coaches on that 3-13 team who are now successful Head Coaches in the NFL, we have one of them.  

The other option would be Raheem Morris.  Also on that staff. 

Not a fan of Morris as a h/c. His tenure in Tampa was not good at 17-31. Decent assistant but there are so many better head coach candidates out there.

• Like 1

Finlay (granted not always the most plugged in) said he heard Peters has a strong shot here and he's heard he has real interest in this job.

45 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Wonder if @Thinking Skins checked out on him, yet?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay (granted not always the most plugged in) said he heard Peters has a strong shot here and he's heard he has real interest in this job.

Wonder if @Thinking Skins checked out on him, yet?

A huge reason I think Myers was hired by Harris.  Peters was the #1 target for GM.  Just a guess on my part. 

• Like 2