Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sip and Hig are undefeated in being first in with tweets and content. I'm seeing the same tweet posted ten times. Gotta get moving pretty quickly in the morning to hang with Sip when it's prime time like this 

Couldn't even have the chance to beat them with the jetlag on few posts ;), since Musk took over all the X accounts I access are not sorted by date anymore (I'm not registered on X)

Edited by FrFan

Just now, PlayAction said:

The team has requested interviews with various coaches.  Shouldn't the GM be interviewing the potential coach candidates? How is this supposed to work under Harris?

If we did that wed lose out on every Hc candidate.

Nowadays GM and HC are more a partnership. Look at Reid and Veach in KC or Shanahan and Lynch in SF.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Sip and Hig are undefeated in being first in with tweets and content. I'm seeing the same tweet posted ten times. Gotta get moving pretty quickly in the morning to hang with Sip when it's prime time like this 

It’s such a privilege to be a fan of this team right now—it’s so rare to see a poster at the top of their game like @Skinsinparadise bask in it people 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PlayAction said:

The team has requested interviews with various coaches.  Shouldn't the GM be interviewing the potential coach candidates? How is this supposed to work under Harris?

Harris was asked about this in the presser, I dont recall exactly what he said but just wanted to start getting things lined up within the process. He did however outline how he expects the structure to be but also said sometimes the individuals hired may have a bearing on the structure depending on abilities etc.

So stoked to see this happening, that Harris had a plan right away and didn't waste any time in lining up interviews.  Acting quickly and decisively is nice.

I'm probably wrong in remembering last time we had an open coaching spot, it seemed like it was available for awhile, they ****ed around and took forever to hire, didn't interview any up and coming names, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Tough on a day like this, I go for a jog, walk my dog, or focus on work for 5 minutes and am instantly behind the curve.  Harris is moving too fast for me. 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

One advantage they might have is I’ve read that Peters is a west coast guy, grew up there and likes it there 

Vegas aint the West Coast. (Disclaimer Vegas might be my least favorite City in the whole US)

• Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

It seems like these are pretty obvious choices, with Rooney rule obligations also take care of. 

Seems like they are just getting the people they assume the next GM would want/need to interview and when that person is hired they can add or subtract as they see fit. 

26 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I actually think he knows exactly who he wants in that Head of Football Ops role. Bet we’ve mapped all that out already.

I don't think so.  I bet he has an idea, but I also bet he wants to go through the process and talk to a whole lot of people. His background is private equity.  They buy and sell companies all the time, and replace executives all the time.  

Much more likely he has a list, he's going to check it twice, and then he's going to make a move.  

Bruce had his guy in Jay before the season was over and all the interviews were shams.  This is going to be different.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

I think Harris said something to the affect that a GM (head of football ops) would be brought in and then the focus would be on the HC.  I also believe that they can start talking to all GM candidates now where they have to wait for coaches (if the team they work for is still playing)... this seems to suggest a GM will be hired first and soon and that person will have input on who the HC will be.

I know some folks were worried about canning Ron and the gang sooner than today to get a head start, but I think it’s rather clear that all of this has been in motion behind the scenes for quite some time.

Harris likely told Ron this show was over in a respectful way weeks/months ago.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tough on a day like this, I go for a jog, walk my dog, or focus on work for 5 minutes and am instantly behind the curve.  Harris is moving too fast for me. 😢

Island lost power at 8am and it just came on, so I ran errands all day. Just reading this is a dream come true.

• Like 3

And it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that Peters was brought in to be the lead evaluator, something a GM probably should be. Thus, it shouldn't be taboo for Peters to officially be given the title and helm of general manager, and allow Shanahan to be the mastermind on the field. John Lynch can do what he's always done: be an ambassador for this team and the NFL as President of Football Operations. John Lynch can be the politician and public relations face of the franchise. Adam Peters can do the work he's always done but actually be rewarded for it with a promotion and the title he deserves.

Because if they lose Peters, they lose who many people to believe to be one of the premier talent evaluators in the league, and the brains behind the personnel department in Santa Clara. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/the-49ers-should-promote-adam-peters-to-general-manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Just realized that John Keim did an interview with Rick Spielman about 2 weeks ago reference the state of the Washington franchise. Going to have to go back and re watch. Gotta be a bunch of interesting stuff in there.

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't think so.  I bet he has an idea, but I also bet he wants to go through the process and talk to a whole lot of people. His background is private equity.  They buy and sell companies all the time, and replace executives all the time.  

Much more likely he has a list, he's going to check it twice, and then he's going to make a move.  

Bruce had his guy in Jay before the season was over and all the interviews were shams.  This is going to be different.  

I don’t think it’ll be a sham. I just think they’ll have been researching the move for months.

• Like 2

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Just realized that John Keim did an interview with Rick Spielman about 2 weeks ago reference the state of the Washington franchise. Going to have to go back and re watch. Gotta be a bunch of interesting stuff in there.

I relistened to it.  Not much.  i commented some about it on this thread.

Big on GM-HC ownership to be on the same page same vision.

Talked about getting a QB, trading up possibly for Drake or Caleb

Thought this team needed to add weapons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Kind of Ben Johnson related and why would he take that job?  LOL

Tepper is the new Snyder.  And the Panthers are taking over the title of “inept franchise” held for a quarter of a century by the Washington football franchise.

Edited by ananoman

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I relistened to it.  Not much.  i commented some about it on this thread.

Big on GM-HC ownership to be on the same page same vision.

Talked about getting a QB, trading up possibly for Drake or Caleb

Thought this team needed to add weapons

Wonder if Spielman already knew that Harris was going to bring him in? Cant imagine that just 2 weeks ago he didnt have some idea about being hired. Would have definitely made him more careful about what he said.

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@Skinsinparadise You were one of the ones who was SUPER down on Raheem Morris when Bruce was a round, almost using him as a punch line as to the only coach Bruce could hire.

Have your feelings changed at all?  

It's changed some.  The secondary sucked back them.  But he's done a good job at other stints since.

I am not though enamored by him.  I'd rather hire someone on offense.  And while Morris has coached the offense some he's more of a defensive guy.  If its defensive I am only intrigued by Mike McDonald.

• Like 2