Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

Damn this is fast and furious.  They've obviously been working on this list behind the scenes for months.  Sooo nice to see GM names along with coaching names.  So nice to see that there has been a plan (not that anyone is surprised) in place for some time.  

Exciting stuff.  This new ownership group is doing it right and now this is actually a franchise people want to be a part of.  

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Commander202 said:

I disagree , and he was one of the best coaches last time he coached the nfl. I can’t see how he wouldn’t translate well here , he’s one of those retread coaches that can be successful. 

Playing for a national Championship tonight after knocking off Bama, unseated OSU in the bBg Ten. Worth a look to check him out.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Also interviewing a legit candidate.

They still have EB so they could meet that rule interviewing him..also considered a legit candidate...by someone I guess

nah those two (minimum) interviews have to be from outside the organization 

42 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Also interviewing a legit candidate.

They still have EB so they could meet that rule interviewing him..also considered a legit candidate...by someone I guess

According to screen shots posted by another reporter, and I wasn't clear if it was Front Office canddiates only or HC positions too, they want them to interview 2 miniority candidates from OUTSIDE of their team's current pay roll.  Assuming that's legit, EB can't satisfy it.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was just about to say this, they may be trying to lock in the best candidates sooner, to get an idea how they think, but also because a lot of clubs may not wait long to hire.  IE RAiders, Carolina.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ben Johnson is interesting to me. Because he has been dealing with a pretty unathletic QB and getting the most out of him. Would love to see what he could do with Caleb or Maye. Harbaugh has had an ultra athletic QB the past couple of seasons and really limited his passing game. I would prefer Johnson between the two. But both are good coaches imo. 

Would be really interesting to see (and exciting I think) a HC like Ben Johnson with Maye.  Johnson has his team playing such sound fundamental football and that's exactly the type of coaching Maye would need in the NFL.  He has a great arm and a lot of good to great physical tools, but you see inconsistencies that's going to need improvement (like all college QBs), especially his footwork.  I think just by ironing out his fundamentals, Maye would be in a good position to elevate his game in the NFL.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Veretax said:

Sport Trac has us with $12,093,648 of left over cap from 2023 that carries over.  I can't remembe the last time I saw that.

They have a top 51 in 24 of $85,284,132  That's before any retention signings, extensions, or restructures from here I believe.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-commanders/cap/2024/

image.png.4f59d366016bb377b7345e53d5d15b11.png

Top 15 Cap Hit Contracts:

image.png.ed1a127b94156ab834c2c4e934013e1e.png

Yeah I’ve seen that, but I heard (can’t remember where exactly now) that it’s really north of 60M. I’ll have to dig to find the article I read.  But thanks for some objectivity.

6 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Whatever....it's not like we don't know who the hot candidates are.  LOL

I love the transparency

Diana of yesteryear!  Not anymore.  That Diana left when Scot did.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Bob Myers is overrated af 

Damn man, I'm sure the current end of an era is a downer, but for a GSW fan to trash Myers is a bit much isn't it?  I mean the organization could have headed in a totally different direction if Myers didn't hire Kerr, kept Klay, or drafted Draymond.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Whatever....it's not like we don't know who the hot candidates are.  LOL

I love the transparency

It's more likely the agents of the coaching candidates are leaking to the media, and our ownership group is not. Keim has said time and again how tight lipped and measured they are.

Russini sounds bitter that no one in the bldg is leaking to her.

• Like 4

The absolutely professionalism of this whole process is such a welcome change for our Franchise.   I feel like we finally have a real NFL owner since the Cooke family.   Josh Harris kept his word and has followed through so far.   What an amazing time to be a fan!  

• Like 2