Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving Towards our Future Front Office and Coaching Hires. All the Way to the Water Boy - Adam Peters Hired as GM! The Mighty Quinn is HC Kliff Kingsbury as OC. Joe Whitt jr at DC.

Koolblue13

11 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If Harris and Co. can get the right GM and HC, this doesn't have to be a total tear down.  The right GM can get vets like Jon Allen and Terry on board for the future and it doesn't have to be a lengthy process

Agree.  Look at the Lions.  They basically had the same record we did the previous season.

They had picks, stepped on the gas and added play makers on offense.

Ron had the some disease then Bruce did IMO which is mediocrity means you are on the brink.  We are "close".  Bruce's comment that we are close and Ron's send me my superbowl ring are neck and neck as to comedy comments that will live on when we look back at the Dan era. 

Coast in the off season as if you are already a top team.  Talk like you are already a top team.  And then it organically comes to life.  Granted its not as dramatic as that but using that analogy to bring the point home. You believe your crap doesn't stink because you went 8-8 and the success is just going to follow -- is clearly a model for disaster.

the problem with being so so, and then doing nothing to move the needle in the off season.  Other teams like the Lions with a sense oif urgency pass you by.  And if you aren't climbing you are sliding.

Ron in some ways is a good example of how to behave as a dude as to being a nice person.  But as a dude to model career success -- he's the opposite in many ways as to what to model.

I didn't realize it until this off season.  But Ron have losing seasons in 10 of his 13 seasons fits him to a tee. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

I still don’t really know who made the decisions on all of the free agent, trade, and draft busts but I think Ron Rivera, since he had final say, should be held responsible for the abysmal draft and FA record during his tenure. 

Is anyone interested in examining the draft, trade, and FA record compared to Vinny, or BA? I really think Rivera is the worst. Is that recency bias? I don’t think they succeeded on many FA, trade, or draft decisions they made. The only positive ones I can recall would be signing Charles Leno in FA, trading down off Olave to get Jahan, Howell, and Robinson, and maybe Curtis Samuel (who although overpaid has been good aside from injury year).

The poor draft record, the poor coaching hires, the poor FA decisions, letting Trent go, the trade for Wentz, Carolina retreads, busts,etc.

Even Vinny and BA had some successes.

This roster is a wreck.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Coast in the off season as if you are already a top team.  Talk like you are already a top team.  And then it organically comes to life.  Granted its not as dramatic as that but using that analogy to bring the point home. You believe your crap doesn't stink because you went 8-8 and the success is just going to follow -- is clearly a model for disaster.

the problem with being so so, and then doing nothing to move the needle in the off season.  Other teams like the Lions with a sense oif urgency pass you by.  And if you aren't climbing you are sliding.

Ron in some ways is a good example of how to behave as a dude as to being a nice person.  But as a dude to model career success -- he's the opposite in many ways as to what to model. 

100%. My biggest frustration was while some teams seemed to be constantly striving to get better at every position, we were like “nah, we’re good.” Just baffling. Ron was an “optimist” and his overvaluing of our own players and failure to seek out competition just killed us.  For such a competitive person it seemed strange, but I think it’s part of his sense of loyalty to guys. But that’s not a route to excellence.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

100%. My biggest frustration was while some teams seemed to be constantly striving to get better at every position, we were like “nah, we’re good.” Just baffling. Ron was an “optimist” and his overvaluing of our own players and failure to seek out competition just killed us.  For such a competitive person it seemed strange, but I think it’s part of his sense of loyalty to guys. But that’s not a route to excellence.

Exactly.  The Dolphins for example never satisfied. When guys like Wynn become available they add them to boost their O line.  When you think they have enough speed -- they add more.  Eagles get shredded a year ago bu this team on the ground, the next day they sign Sugh and another tackle.  They are aggressive at making this team better.

Ron was not aggressive.  And the rare times he was, he was dead wrong on the calls.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

Interesting. Glaser just stunned everyone on the fox NFL morning show with the fact that Philly has secretly moved the DC out of the position, though he's still with the team, and put Matt Patricia in as new defensive play caller starting today! Dunno if this ends up with the other guy (forgot his name) looking for a new home or not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Interesting. Glaser just stunned everyone on the fox NFL morning show with the fact that Philly has secretly moved the DC out of the position, though he's still with the team, and put Matt Patricia in as new defensive play caller starting today! Dunno if this ends up with the other guy (forgot his name) looking for a new home or not. 

Sean Desai. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

If they have to bring in Patricia, they must be desperate for help

Edited by NoVaSkins21
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

For me it's either Cunningham or Hortiz for GM.  I think Adams is going to stay in SF.   

If the Niners win the SB don't you think that could lead him to go out on his own? New challenge, build your own team and get another ring with a team you built from the ground up.

Just in case there are actually any people who really want to put Bill Belichick in charge of our football operations (I doubt there are any), he spent a 4th round pick on a K who now has the worst FG pct in the league (behind a few guys who were cut already).

Meanwhile the guy he released to make room for him is 5th.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Just in case there are actually any people who really want to put Bill Belichick in charge of our football operations (I doubt there are any), he spent a 4th round pick on a K who now has the worst FG pct in the league (behind a few guys who were cut already).

Maybe we can convince him to trade long snappers

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Harris must be giddy about the situation that he’s lucked into. Think about it. He bought the 76ers in 2011 and began “the process” with step one being to field the worst team humanly possible, but it wasn’t until the 2015-2016 season that they reached a level of total incompetence that was satisfactory enough for him to start rebuilding the team. The Commanders are already there baby!! Let the good times roll.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If we can’t land Ben Johnson or Slowik, I would also look at Dave Canales and Joe Brady.

Mayfield is playing the best ball he has played this season in a while and Canales gets a lot of credit for this. There have certainly been growing pains for that team and offense in his first season as a playcaller but they have been getting better and better. He is a guy who spent his career under Pete Carroll and went out on his own this season. Many view him as a future HC also due to his leadership and interpersonal skills. If the Bucs end up in the playoffs, he will get talked about more.

Joe Brady was probably the hottest assistant in all of football as the next wunderkid back in 2019. Bombed as the Panthers’ OC under Rhule but he made the wise move to go to Buffalo as the QB coach. The Bills have been playing better since he took over for Dorsey. If they make a deep playoff run, I think Brady gets back on people’s radars as a HC candidate. I think Brady is equipped to build a strong staff - he has worked with 2 potentially available DCs in Frazier and Dennis Allen

19 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Chad Ryland.  A lot on the board are going to be familiar with him because he kicked for Maryland his last year of college (transferred from EMU).  He was a good college kicker, not having a good year, but yeah, don't spend more than a 7th rounder on a kicker unless its a generational kicker, which Ryland wasn't.  There is a certain amount of variability with kickers.  Ryland could end up being decent in time, but I don't think he is a stud.  Kicking is a bit like golf.  One day you may be 10 over par (which is a very good day for you) and the next day 23 over par which is a bad day for you.  I feel like Ryland had a pretty good last year of college and maybe is playing at the low end of variability, but I do agree that spending a 4th round pick on him shows a lack of judgement because it shows a lack of understanding that kickers have more variability than other positions.

4 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Chad Ryland.  A lot on the board are going to be familiar with him because he kicked for Maryland his last year of college (transferred from EMU).  He was a good college kicker, not having a good year, but yeah, don't spend more than a 7th rounder on a kicker unless its a generational kicker, which Ryland wasn't.  There is a certain amount of variability with kickers.  Ryland could end up being decent in time, but I don't think he is a stud.  Kicking is a bit like golf.  One day you may be 10 over par (which is a very good day for you) and the next day 23 over par which is a bad day for you.  I feel like Ryland had a pretty good last year of college and maybe is playing at the low end of variability, but I do agree that spending a 4th round pick on him shows a lack of judgement because it shows a lack of understanding that kickers have more variability than other positions.

Most of these guys don’t work out with their initial teams. They end up needing a few years to figure things out before it clicks. Gano and Koo are great examples of this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Havrisik, the Rams’ kicker, who has struggled ends up being a stud somewhere else in a couple years

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m sure I’ve missed this along the way, Hortiz and Shen must have strong links. Apol’s for what’s probably the captain obvious question 😂

That'd be my guess connecting the dots.  I hope JP Finlay is spot on with this like he was with Harris being new owner tweet.

2 hours ago, Andre The Giant said:

Here is the post the basically shows that JP was the first or one of the first to report Harris and other minority owners to purchase the team from Snyder:

Edited by RWJ