Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

Israeli government can't have it both ways...can't on one hand push for squeezing democracy and freedoms in the name of safety and then something like this happens.

This would suggest they'd have to become something that isn't democratic or free in order to "stop" attacks like this in the future versus asking the honest question of if there's another way?

We had a similar conversation after 9/11 and it took all the way up to the PRISM program for us to pump brakes  on where we were going.  Isreal is careening down this path in large part because they're being enabled to, they clearly wont stop themselves like we did.

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Standing against Hamas is great but I doubt they're going to put out a statement saying they stand with innocent Palestinians who are about to get rocked.

It's 2023...with advent of social media and journalist on the ground using it as a medium to show what normally isn't, this might change.

Don't hold your breathe, though.

• Like 2

Anyone see that CNN update where they cut to a reporter hiding in a ditch just saying “oh ****” before they cut away? Reporting live from a war zone is a crazy job.

Found it.

they didn’t show all of that in the live broadcast, just the end.  What a wild way to earn a living. 

• Like 2

I doubt the average American really gives a **** about the war; other than how this war may affect them. Ie, gas prices.

This has been going on for 75 years since the birth of Israel and will be going on for another 75 years.

Only way thus ends is one side completely wiping out the other side.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Anyone see that CNN update where they cut to a reporter hiding in a ditch just saying “oh ****” before they cut away? Reporting live from a war zone is a crazy job.

Found it.

they didn’t show all of that in the live broadcast, just the end.  What a wild way to earn a living. 

The different reactions are fascinating. Different reporter, same network, dude just stands around talking like it's a fireworks display. Besides experience, I wonder if the night makes it less stressful to watch because its easier to watch the rocket flares to see where the rockets are going.

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I doubt the average American really gives a **** about the war; other than how this war may affect them. Ie, gas prices.

This has been going on for 75 years since the birth of Israel and will be going on for another 75 years.

Only way thus ends is one side completely wiping out the other side.

This is the sad reality and fundamental problem. Two groups of people who are not willing to coexist are claiming the same piece of land as their own. One will have to wipe and/or push the other out.

2 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

This is the sad reality and fundamental problem. Two groups of people who are not willing to coexist are claiming the same piece of land as their own. One will have to wipe and/or push the other out.

I don't think Israel at least would go that far.  Much of Israels national identity is based around its conflict with Palestine.  If there is no conflict with Palestine then theres a danger of losing that identity.

18 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Israel and the US probably doesn’t want direct conflict with Iran.

The right does. They’ve been anti-Iran for a long time 

add

I can’t imagine Israel will stop attacking Palestinians. 

So the only real quick is will they actually start broadcasting executions.  And how does the west/Isreal react to that…

Edited by tshile

25 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Israel and the US probably doesn’t want direct conflict with Iran.

Bibi does if he can get the US to go in with him

23 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Ah yes, Musk is to blame for Hamas…

The videos going to flood Twitter cause blue checks will be looking to monetize the engagement.

33 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I don't think Israel at least would go that far.  Much of Israels national identity is based around its conflict with Palestine.  If there is no conflict with Palestine then theres a danger of losing that identity.

Early in the thread I eluded to this really being a religious struggle for the conservative Israelis political parties based on claiming the land that they believe that God gave them.

This doesn't end with Palestine and Gaza.  It is a little unclear in the Talmud (OT) what they believe they were given, but today it is generally believed that the book refers to from the Red Sea to the Tigris and the Euphrates.  Which is a large chunk of the Arabian Peninsula.

If they defeat the Palestinians, it won't be too long until the conservative Jews are dragging them into another conflict.  There are people out there that believe all of that land is theirs and only their lack of faith and effort has prevented them from claiming it.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Did these idiots learn nothing from Al Qaeda and Isis? Broadcasting executions only ever escalates the conflict. Leaders can’t turn to an enraged public and say “maybe we should hear them out.”  

25 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Russia’s goal as well.

An odd goal. Irans population isn’t terribly sold on the legitimacy of their government and they’d lose their ability to effectively govern and to enforce their governance 24 hours into a conflict with the US. They know this, so it’s weird that they’d want to invite a major conflict. I suspect they just want to saber rattle a bit and hope their people buy it and unite behind a common enemy. They want no part of an actual shooting war with the US. No one wants to war with a super power, not even other super powers. 

I can understand Russia wanting this. The US only has so much treasure and spreading those resources thin, could lessen our eagerness to fund Ukraines resistance. Russia ends up selling a bunch of weapons and their enemy gets distracted, maybe even bogged down if the US makes the occupation mistake again.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, tshile said:

The right does. They’ve been anti-Iran for a long time 

add

I can’t imagine Israel will stop attacking Palestinians. 

So the only real quick is will they actually start broadcasting executions.  And how does the west/Isreal react to that…

I guess what I mean is, they don’t want it right now. Deal with Hamas/hezbolah first.