Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Stroud, Love, Stafford, and Goff's performances thus far cement why Chicago will pick a QB at 1OA and move on from Fields. These guys are a clear cut above JF1.

Justin Fields just hasn’t been put in the right situation to succeed. I’m kidding.

Watching the play calling of the playoff teams in these games today I realize how huge the OC is. I'm convinced we have a guy in Sam who's good enough to win with if we just give him an O-line and a good OC. EB was not in Sam's best interest....he didn't make it easy for Sam to have success because Sam was too raw to handle everything he asked of him. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Watching the play calling of the playoff teams in these games today I realize how huge the OC is. I'm convinced we have a guy in Sam who's good enough to win with if we just give him an O-line and a good OC. EB was not in Sam's best interest....he didn't make it easy for Sam to have success because Sam was too raw to handle everything he asked of him. 

No we don’t.  Sam is not the guy.  He’s too short and turnover prone. We need to draft a QB 100% with pick 2. We’re not going to get the opportunity to draft this high again with a legit GM and owner for a long time.  Watching CJ Stroud last night and Jordan Love today cemented for me the fact that Sam ain’t the guy, and we need to do better than him.  We’re a franchise that deserves better than average and mediocre.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Howell ended up with over 20 picks and like a gazillion sacks taken. I dont see where all this confidence comes from. I dont hate him or anything, but hes damages goods and when you have a chance at a home run swing at a blue chip QB you take it

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The fact people even want to type the name “Howell” after we earned the 2nd overall pick is one of those things that makes me feel like I’m an alien on this planet. Literally can’t comprehend the desire to experience a meaningful snap from him ever again, if things go well. 

And for those concocting specific scenarios where he’s once again our chosen plan A going into next season?? Feels like bizarro world. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Conn said:

The fact people even want to type the name “Howell” after we earned the 2nd overall pick is one of those things that makes me feel like I’m an alien on this planet. Literally can’t comprehend the desire to experience a meaningful snap from him ever again, if things go well. 

And for those concocting specific scenarios where he’s once again our chosen plan A going into next season?? Feels like bizarro world. 

Some people just cannot seem to strive for greatness and wanna settle for mediocrity. 

• Like 1

Thumbs down all you like, do you think when concocting their ideal future offseason plans other fanbases are mentally making plans around guys like Aiden O’Connell and Tommy Devito? That’s the caliber of production we’re talking about replacing here, realistically. Maybe he can be more, he’ll get that chance to continue developing in his career. Maybe it will even be here! But to even have a thought for him when we have a new GM, HC, and 2nd overall pick incoming?? It’s insane. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Sam is on the Gus Frerotte path. Solid enough backup and might be able to earn a starting spot later in his career for another team, but you don't want that dude being your starter anytime soon.

He can be on the yellow brick road for all I care, long as he isn't our starter next season...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Stroud, Love, Stafford, and Goff's performances thus far cement why Chicago will pick a QB at 1OA and move on from Fields. These guys are a clear cut above JF1.

I agree so we'll just go ahead and draft Jayden Daniels

• Like 1

I finally watched CW highlights and i tell y'all the guy is special. He reminds me of a 30 yr. Later Brett farve. We gotta trade up and get this guy. What he does in the pocket i have never seen before from the qb position. I've never seen him play or his highlights but now that i did. Man we gotta get this guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madden lot said:

I finally watched CW highlights and i tell y'all the guy is special. He reminds me of a 30 yr. Later Brett farve. We gotta trade up and get this guy. What he does in the pocket i have never seen before from the qb position. I've never seen him play or his highlights but now that i did. Man we gotta get this guy.

No thanks. We already tried the CW route. Carson Wentz sucked! 

• Haha 1

How many thought Love was not going to make it as a difference maker in GB before the last half of this year and bust out? What year is it 4/5 for him? Did they build the team around Him? What about Goff how many thought he was a bust in L.A. before Detroit? Did they build the team around him? How come Stafford could not win anything in Detroit? Was it because they could not build a team or coaches? Have no questions for Stroud he hit the ground running. But we are interested in his coach and the GM who has hit the draft big time with his picks. You could make a case for Building a team around a QB with good coaching. Goff talked before the game about how the coaches built his confidence back up. What's up with T.Lawerence the coaches they have? Loads of talent on the roster he trended down this year, mainly the second half after 3 years in the NFL?  What about TUA, he has the most talent around him, is it the coaching? What about Young should you go back to the draft after 1year, discard Howell for the same reason? Coaches and roster build not the problem for them?  I think with the right coach and the right team Build you can make it work. The Ravens, 49ers, Eagles make it work different QB's good team build and coaches different styles. Great QB's do not grow on tree's, what are the odds of getting one?  Could the most important thing be the Coaches and build of the team? Nothing can be counted out. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, Conn said:

It feels like an absolute incomprehension of the opportunity that fell into our laps.  This kind of break is what, a 30 year black swan event?  I can't believe people have gotten so gunshy that they want to flush this golden ticket down the ****ter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

How many thought Love was not going to make it as a difference maker in GB before the last half of this year and bust out? What year is it 4/5 for him? Did they build the team around Him? What about Goff how many thought he was a bust in L.A. before Detroit? Did they build the team around him? How come Stafford could not win anything in Detroit? Was it because they could not build a team or coaches? Have no questions for Stroud he hit the ground running. But we are interested in his coach and the GM who has hit the draft big time with his picks. You could make a case for Building a team around a QB with good coaching. Goff talked before the game about how the coaches built his confidence back up. What's up with T.Lawerence the coaches they have? Loads of talent on the roster he trended down this year, mainly the second half after 3 years in the NFL?  What about TUA, he has the most talent around him, is it the coaching? What about Young should you go back to the draft after 1year, discard Howell for the same reason? Coaches and roster build not the problem for them?  I think with the right coach and the right team Build you can make it work. The Ravens, 49ers, Eagles make it work different QB's good team build and coaches different styles. Great QB's do not grow on tree's, what are the odds of getting one?  Could the most important thing be the Coaches and build of the team? Nothing can be counted out. 

You are comparing Howell to first round QBs, one the overall #1.  You are essentially arguing that Taylor Heinke can be a franchise QB if they just built the team up around him.  

Man, watching Jordan Love last night was so reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers. The way he was throwing the ball, the Packers have gotten so lucky. The luxury of having your QB of the future sit and learn from Hall of Famers. I think people really do not appreciate what sitting and watching did for Mahomes just like what it did for Rodgers watching Favre and now Love watching Rodgers. Even Brady sitting and watching Bledsoe. 

15 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You are comparing Howell to first round QBs, one the overall #1.  You are essentially arguing that Taylor Heinke can be a franchise QB if they just built the team up around him.  

I do not know how QB Howell turns out and you don't either? What about the other QB's. Did you think Love was anything special before this season or why did it take him 4/5 years? How about Goff being coached up and getting his confidence back? How about Coaches making QB's better or building a better team could make a difference? I always said TH was a back up which he is and has nothing to do with this. The last time we had a golden ticket it was RG3 right? Were you the same way with RG3 and anybody that had a different point was wrong, that's how I remember it? I said he ran in a straight line had no wiggle and did not want to trade up to the very end. Some wanted to trade Kirk for looking over his shoulder, I said why? he is on a rookie contract makes no since.  Maybe they get it right this time, I hope so cause they failed last time. I can live with what ever they do, unlike some who can't. If they take a QB top 3 fine, late 1st or later I am fine, Trade down I am fine, pick Harrison I am fine, keep Howell build team I am fine, trade Howell I am fine. Only thing I do not want to do is Trade up to no.1. We have choices and should not be stuck on one way. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Man, watching Jordan Love last night was so reminiscent of Aaron Rodgers. The way he was throwing the ball, the Packers have gotten so lucky. The luxury of having your QB of the future sit and learn from Hall of Famers. I think people really do not appreciate what sitting and watching did for Mahomes just like what it did for Rodgers watching Favre and now Love watching Rodgers. Even Brady sitting and watching Bledsoe. 

I agree those throws on their tip toes were passed down from Farve to Rogers to Love and he has a good coach helping him develop. They were patient, the coach did not lose his job and it's working out. Wonder if Fields gets another year, he had to learn on the fly. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

I agree those throws on their tip toes were passed down from Farve to Rogers to Love and he has a good coach helping him develop. They were patient, the coach did not lose his job and it's working out. Wonder if Fields gets another year, he had to learn on the fly. 

They were patient because they could afford to be. Its easy to be patient when you already have a hall of famer QB'ing your organization. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

They were patient because they could afford to be. Its easy to be patient when you already have a hall of famer QB'ing your organization. 

True, but Rogers has not been there for a year and they built a good young team and have top notch coaches who develop players. They took some lumps for being patient too while making some good choices.  

You have the 2nd pick in the draft. A draft that could have QBs go 1,2,3.

At least one of them will pan out.

We have to upgrade the qb position. You take it.

Could the qb we pick be a bust? Sure. I’d rather to that shot than hoping a 5th round qb develops.

The Commanders were never a situation to develop a qb in 23. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1