Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

That's what everybody's waiting for. But short of him trading down or trading for Fields, we're not going to hear anything until after the draft 

Absolutely. We'll know on draft day, I suppose. The choice of HC might be a good clue. Ben Johnson has resurrected Jared Goff, so I imagine he could handle just about anything.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not about who is better right now or who was more productive in college. Its about who has game that can translate to the NFL and who has the upside to grow into a top 10 QB and to me that's Maye when you factor in his age(he'll only be 22 at the start of his rookie year, which is a huge advantage), his elite physical traits, his character/coach-ability, and his experience.

I agree with this, keep it simple.

Isn't there a strong correlation between QBs being more successful when starting multiple years in college versus having 1 good season then going pro?  I heard that, but never saw stats to back it up.

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Well, that would have been nice this year.

Commanders vs. Panthers. The one game I’d feel confident we could win. 

From a fan standpoint it's an outstanding idea but execution could be a problem. 

For starters two teams would have to play 18 games which the players would have a problem with especially if it was for free.

Potential career altering injuries for the sake of who gets the first pick would probably be a sore spot for players.

I love the concept but not sure it would go over well with the players.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

From a fan standpoint it's an outstanding idea but execution could be a problem. 

For starters two teams would have to play 18 games which the players would have a problem with especially if it was for free.

Potential career altering injuries for the sake of who gets the first pick would probably be a sore spot for players.

I love the concept but not sure it would go over well with the players.

Consider it an anti playoff game

We need him to declare. It devalues our pick significantly if he goes back to school. USC players are either committing double homicides, violating NCAA rules or being jack asses like Caleb. 

I don't doubt his talent, but his mental toughness and commitment are question marks. I don’t want a guy who has “an unconventional representation structure” or even pretends that having equity in a 6 billion dollar entity is even possible or reasonable to talk about on a rookie scale salary. Dude seems like a diva. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We need him to declare. It devalues our pick significantly if he goes back to school. USC players are either committing double homicides, violating NCAA rules or being jack asses like Caleb. 

I don't doubt his talent, but his mental toughness and commitment are question marks. I don’t want a guy who has “an unconventional representation structure” or even pretends that having equity in a 6 billion dollar entity is even possible or reasonable to talk about on a rookie scale salary. Dude seems like a diva. 

Yep exactly. NO other top prospect has this kinda drama and negative attention. I dont want that crap here. Let Chicago deal with him. Gimme the quiet killer Maye who will lead us to division titles for the next decade without as much as a peep. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep exactly. NO other top prospect has this kinda drama and negative attention. I dont want that crap here. Let Chicago deal with him. Gimme the quiet killer Maye who will lead us to division titles for the next decade without as much as a peep. 

Honestly really nervous Chicago has the same read on Caleb and goes with Maye. 

I hope all the rumors and tweets, which are often rumors, are wrong. If not, this guy is going to be a handful. Coming literally out of hell, we do not need that as a franchise. Thankfully we just hired Peters. Let him get to the bottom of it. But there seems to be a lot of smoke around Caleb. 

5 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

Honestly really nervous Chicago has the same read on Caleb and goes with Maye. 

Well Jayden Daniels would not be a bad pick. If Caleb falls to # 3, Jarod Mayo will get him in line, or he can just go back to school and hopefully grow up. 

12 hours ago, FlyBigBeard said:

Was he? Lots of miscues with the snaps and probably 3 or 4 passes that would have been picked off in the NFL. Though I have to agree that was a hell of a game to watch. 

He definitely had some turnover worthy plays that he avoided due to WR pushing off, etc.

However, one thing I noticed on those bad snaps is that he was able to quickly recover and turn nothing into something.

I was impressed, especially considering it was his first ever game in college. The dude was 19 years old at the time...

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Everybody knows that Ramsey would have won that playoff game. :headbang:

😂😂 

20 hours ago, illone said:

Ghost! Whats up my dude.  We gotta fire up a good ole Qb debate like the Brunell vs Ramsey days.

🤠

Yo bro. My first major thread on that was a correct diagnosis of the Brunell problem in 2004. Lost like...tears in rain.  

Looking back, the Campbell debates (Was right on that too) were a less joyful reiteration of the Brunell debates. 

I'm so old,  I remember when ASF did an intensive projection of Greg McElroy being the next Tom Brady. Lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

You know, we might have a scenario where the FO don't like Williams and only rate Maye for example. Just say Maye was out and out QB1 for us and Williams was essentially out of the picture.

Do you think they would just sit at #2 and assumes they get him ? What if NE has the same view on Maye and jumped us to get him ? 

Irrespective of which QB we focus on, assuming it’s one of the top 2, I think a trade up,is the most likely scenario at the minute.

5 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

You know, we might have a scenario where the FO don't like Williams and only rate Maye for example. Just say Maye was out and out QB1 for us and Williams was essentially out of the picture.

Do you think they would just sit at #2 and assumes they get him ? What if NE has the same view on Maye and jumped us to get him ? 

Irrespective of which QB we focus on, assuming it’s one of the top 2, I think a trade up,is the most likely scenario at the minute.

If they decisively like Maye over all others, they try to trade up. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DWinzit said:

If they decisively like Maye over all others, they try to trade up. 

I do find it interesting that with both Maye and Daniels you can find many articles talking about their work ethic, how much coaches/players like them etc.

I haven’t read the same for Williams. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a great leader or a hard worker, but I just find it interesting. Maybe once he declares Lincoln Riley starts talking him up. But it’s curious.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Not declaring for the draft is yet another annoying thing about Williams. I'm in the group that prefers Chicago deal with all that surrounds Caleb Williams, give me Drake Maye and don't even bother talking to me about any other QB prospect.  

Was it annoying when Stroud did it last year? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

Was it annoying when Stroud did it last year? 

https://amp.foxsports.com/stories/college-football/ohio-state-qb-c-j-stroud-declares-for-2023-nfl-draft

only difference though imho is Stroud & Williams seem to be on opposite sides of the team mentality…. 1 seems to be about everybody where Williams definitely is a ME type guy.  I don’t think ppl mind him not declaring just yet but more so what type of attitude has been surrounding him, his Father and what not…. A lot  of drama thus far and he’s not even in the NFL yet 

Edited by Command The 414
  • Like 1