Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Major Harris said:

IMG_0988.jpeg

Well I am glad they are embracing it. REAL rebuild coming ya'll. Have not been this excited about this franchise in decades. 

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We aren't taking 2 defensive players in Round 2.  One of them will be O-line and maybe both, if we have an offensive head coach.

I would go OL and WR in round 2. Help your rookie QB out. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Uh...

Well, uhh...

So... I don't know how to tell you this...

But, uh... Neither have we.

I seriously wish someone could convince me we could...this failed rebuild is all demoralizing...again, another one...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Well I am glad they are embracing it. REAL rebuild coming ya'll. Have not been this excited about this franchise in decades. 

Double tap oline

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I still think we will have a third Round 2 pick as I think Allen will be traded. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I seriously wish someone could convince me we could...this failed rebuild is all demoralizing...again, another one...

That's the beauty of it, we have a clean slate, a completely blank canvas.

We have new owners and very soon we'll have a completely new front office structure and all new coaches.

There's no reason to believe that anything from the past can effect us unless you're looking to be superstitious. 

We may fail miserably but it won't be because of anything in the past that's been holding us back.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Williams has said he'll play anywhere.

That’s fine but I am not sure him and his support team have talked about it enough. These quarterbacks need to understand where you go and who is calling your plays could be 200+ million dollar decision. Zach Wilson would be the most recent example. You go to a defensive coach with a bad play caller and you end up a bust. I actually really like what the Bears are building and would prefer to emulate their rebuild. There is something with the Bears field, the weather that has not produced a quarterback. They are run first offense with a defensive head coach. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

People need to take in fact that Williams/Maye may not want to play in Chicago. Sounds crazy but that team has never built a QB. Never!

This is a rare opportunity for a high draft pick QB to go to a team that isn't total dogwater and a squad that didn't mortgage the future to get him on top of that.

I don't think anybody is gonna scoff the Bears.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

That's the beauty of it, we have a clean slate, a completely blank canvas.

We have new owners and very soon we'll have a completely new front office structure and all new coaches.

There's no reason to believe that anything from the past can effect us unless you're looking to be superstitious. 

We may fail miserably but it won't be because of anything in the past that's been holding us back.

New folks still have to earn that trust.

Trust is earned, not given.

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

New folks still have to earn that trust.

Trust is earned, not given.

No doubt, I'm just saying there's no reason to believe we'll fail just because we have  been for the last 30 years.

2 hours ago, Searchingforaqb said:

Another reason the Sweat trade was so bad. Draft is a lottery.

We had a proven player, and our 2nd round picks have been disastrous. Should've kept and paid the man. 

I've been waiting weeks to post this take, so I woudl't jinx us. I hated the Sweat and Chase Young trades the day after. But, as close as a lot of these games were, those trades were a critical part of our tankathon and likely brought us the number 2 pick. I don't care how good either or both DE's look in new uniforms. Those trades brought us a shot at a franchise QB. 

Edit: Marijiana grammar. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He can have as many as he likes.

He wasn’t a great QB. He was one that did enough. And then left. 

You dismiss him for winning only one Super Bowl??? How incredibly shallow of you 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I've been waiting weeks to post this take, so I didn't jinx us. I hated the Sweat and Chase Young trades the day after. But, as close as a lot of these games was, those trades were a critical part of our tankathon and likely brought us the number 2 pick. I don't care how good either or both DE's look in new uniforms. Those trades brought us a shot at a franchise QB. 

Almost as important, they netted us two new draft picks. So it's a win-win.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

This is a rare opportunity for a high draft pick QB to go to a team that isn't total dogwater and a squad that didn't mortgage the future to get him on top of that.

I don't think anybody is gonna scoff the Bears.

Agree. Chicago is a far better opportunity than this franchise is for a rookie QB. Their OL is solid and they have DJ Moore. Their defense is better than solid. It is good. 

I want Maye. Williams just feels like he's Bo Callahan from Draft Day to me. But that is why I'm not the GM

Trade Allen if he doesn't want to be here. He got paid and then disappeared anyway.

Potentially trade back into the first if there is someone there because this isn't going to be built in one year, it will take several. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel the opposite. The '20-23 build was yet another version of the fix it as you go, rather than the tear it down to the studs variety. And better yet, we did the seemingly impossible, after playing our way out of contention for a top 3 pick in the first six weeks or so, we completely imploded perfectly and managed to tank our way to 2. We don't have to give up any assets, I kept my eye on 7-11 for our slot in late September, and top 9 in October, top 7 in November, and somehow, inexplicably, all the dogs except Carolina found ways to win just enough games to hand us the 2. It's extraordinary. Of course we have to hit, which is part of it, but part of it is also that if we miss, we aren't borrowing from '25 and '26, to try and hit. Its heaven. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

Does any of the teams picking in the top half of the 2nd round need a WR or DT?. Don't really want to lose them but they both deserve to be playing for a better team than we'll be for a couple of years. 4 2nd round picks WOW.

Maybe the Pats give up their 2nd for Mclaurin but Id rather keep him. Young QB will need a vet to rely on.

• Like 2