Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

53 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Since it's Washington with the #2 overall pick again, we know we will be drafting a player who is overhyped based on athletic abilities, that he will have one successful year, he will have abysmal study habits and be confident in his natural gifts to allow him to just "wing it," and that he will have a catastrophic knee injury that will render his physical gifts more average but will never learn to play within a scheme to adapt to it.

Welcome to the Washington Reds Commies Football team Lavar Robert Chase IV.

You know, it really isn't healthy to keep negative emotions bottled up. You should tell tell people how you really feel. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

No QB is guaranteed success in the NFL. If you're at #2, you're in need of a QB, and you have a couple of guys highly graded in a top heavy QB class, you pull the trigger. No getting cute or playing games.

It would not be a hard choice.

Yea, if Bears are for real on taking Williams, we should jus relax at let Maye come to us.

That pick is already at the podium, I just waiting to hear who's calling it in now.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Yea, if Bears are for real on taking Williams, we should jus relax at let Maye come to us.

That pick is already at the podium, I just waiting to hear who's calling it in now.

Really, it depends on who's hired as GM and HC.  Don't you think? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I could see the Bears taking Maye instead of Williams. Williams and Fields are similar. They may want more of a drop back passer.

Maye isnt really a drop back passer though. He is an option QB. Lets not forget the guy had over 1200 yards rushing in college. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Really, it depends on who's hired as GM and HC.  Don't you think? 

No...it kinda doesn't.

If the new GM and HC dont come to a similar conclusion and draft Maye, I'd be concerned.

Don't take this as Harris forcing this down their throat, more this is a gift falling in this franchise lap after what we endured and ended up with #2 pick.

That's how I feel right now, be interesting if combine can actually shake that up, not betting on it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, mhd24 said:

The OL has a ton of draftable players.  Off the top of my head, there is going to be (in no particular order):

1). Fashanu

2). Alt

3). Latham

4). Fauga 

5). Mimms

6). Morgan

7). Guyton

8.  Fashanu

9). Beebee

10). Van Pran

I like Mims a lot. But the guy just cant say healthy. I would also add Suamataia, Patrick Paul, Barton and Christian Haynes to that list of prospects worthy of top 64 picks.

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Since it's Washington with the #2 overall pick again, we know we will be drafting a player who is overhyped based on athletic abilities, that he will have one successful year, he will have abysmal study habits and be confident in his natural gifts to allow him to just "wing it," and that he will have a catastrophic knee injury that will render his physical gifts more average but will never learn to play within a scheme to adapt to it.

Welcome to the Washington Reds Commies Football team Lavar Robert Chase IV.

This kinda sounds like where I was a couple days ago.

It's okay to be happy now :806:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That's how I feel right now, be interesting if combine can actually shake that up, not betting on it.

Or the interview process maybe? If they're all close and one guy stands out in interviews, or someone demonstrates some character issues, red flags, that could definitely sway things. 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Or the interview process maybe? If they're all close and one guy stands out in interviews, or someone demonstrates some character issues, red flags, that could definitely sway things. 

I mean...is Daniels close to Maye?

If we're dead set on QB, as we should be, we should expect the #1 prospect to be gone and seeing if #3 can force a conversation with #2.

Maye looks like a boycott who could teach his receiver different types of knots...looking for things to scare me off bad enough to look elsewhere is called anxiety.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

s Daniels close to Maye?

Not to me he isnt. But I am not paid to make these decisions either. Daniels led the NCAA in uncatchable passes two years ago. Something like 70% of his throws were uncatchable that season. That scares me. Big time.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, sjinhan said:

I am in the camp that if we can get a king's ransom for someone to trade up then we should take it.  Especially if it is coming from a team that historically sucks (kind of like Washington lol).  Like the Bears, maybe we will get lucky and get a very high draft pick next year as well.

I am not convinced that you need to pick in the top 3 picks to find your QB as long as you have a great team surround him.  Here is a list that a Carolina fan put together last year.

Starting QBs at the end of 2022 season

Patrick Mahomes - #10

Josh Allen - #7

Justin Herbert - #6

Lamar Jackson - #32

Jalen Hurts - #53

Dak Prescott - #135

Aaron Rodgers - #24

Tua Tagovailoa - #5

Tom Brady - #199

Deshaun Watson - #12

Kirk Cousins - #102

Ryan Tannehill - #8

Russell Wilson - #75

Geno Smith - #39

Daniel Jones - #6

Justin Fields - #11

Jimmy Garropolo - #62

Davis Mills - #67

Derek Carr -#36

Mac Jones - #15

Sam Ehlinger - #218

Kenny Pickett - #20

Andy Dalton - #35

Top 5 QB Picks in the last ten years

Joe Burrow

Matt Stafford

Kyler Murray

Tua Tagovailoa

Jared Goff

Baker Mayfield

Carson Wentz

Andrew Luck

RG3

Mitch Trubisky

Trevor Lawrence

Zach Wilson

Marcus Mariota

Trey Lance

Jameis Winston

Blake Bortles

Boom or Bust,Bust,Bust,Bust?

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean...is Daniels close to Maye?

If we're dead set on QB, as we should be, we should expect the #1 prospect to be gone and seeing if #3 can force a conversation with #2.

Maye looks like a boycott who could teach his receiver different types of knots...looking for things to scare me off bad enough to look elsewhere is called anxiety.

If the NYG are as into Maye as reports say they are based on how much they've scouted him, I wonder what kind of offer we'll get from them? Would you take three 1sts a 2nd and maybe a 4th for him and let a division rival have him? 

1 minute ago, skinsfan66 said:

Boom or Bust,Bust,Bust,Bust?

This is a great list and shows you that the odds aren't good of finding a franchise QB in the top 3 picks of the draft. Will our analytics guy look at things like this and decide it's better to take the big offer over taking the QB prospect like the Bears did last year? That's why I think the interview process is gonna be huge. We could fall in love with Bo Nix, or Michael Penix and decide to take them later in round one or round 2 while grabbing the best O-lineman in the draft? Decisions, decisions....thanks for posting this list. 

• Thumb up 1

I think Maye has a higher floor than Daniels, but Daniels has a higher ceiling. 

Daniels is an electric dual threat QB but he's also a one year wonder with a really skinny frame who runs like a guy who weighs 20 lbs more.

Maye is more polished amd experienced but, to my eyes, is a guy who does plenty of things well, but isn't really elite in any category. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

What about Ladd?  I know you like him, and I like him too.

I said it earlier in the thread, but I'll say it again: a guy who can go from being that lightly regarded of a recruit to an alpha player on a team like Georgia has something special to him, and special translates to the NFL.  Georgia's locker room is the most ruthlessly elitist and competitive in college football.  The guys who stand tall in that kind of setting are gonna have no trouble adjusting to the NFL.

I think he's a really good fit for an offense built around throwing into the middle of the field.  He's explosive and creative in between the numbers, he has good hands, he's tough, and he has some build up speed too.  Kind of a better version of Curtis Samuel.

I'm curious about his draft range.  Tankathon has him at 58, but if he runs in the 4.5s at 6' 185, that's not happening.  They also have us getting Van Pran with our third rounder, which is not gonna happen either.  Van Pran in the second and Ladd in the third or fourth would be a good way to build on what we've already started here IMO.  Bad as we were this year, there is a decent foundation in place for our offense.  Cosmi, BRob, Leno, and Terry are all legitimately good, and Dotson can be. With a culture change, a coaching change, filling in the the mortar on offenses, and getting a big time QB prospect in here, we can make big strides.

You forgot Allen and Payne, Dotson? Leno ?

My new favorite time will be during the draft in April, primarily the 3rd day.

"Washington is on the clock with the 3rd pick of Round 5"

OMG, why aren't we drafting xxx, he's a second round talent and really underrated!?!?!?

Reason A: I did a ton of research and watched film and this guy is a diamond in the rough.

or Reason B: I ran 1,000 mock drafts in the offseason and he was consistently drafted in the 2nd/3rd round by the computer.

Note, unless these are players from the Big 10 and/or teams that were frequently on TV/in the playoffs, I'm likely going to be a reason B poster :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If the NYG are as into Maye as reports say they are based on how much they've scouted him, I wonder what kind of offer we'll get from them? Would you take three 1sts a 2nd and maybe a 4th for him and let a division rival have him? 

If offer something like that, makes tou wonder what they looking at to make them offer that and if passing it up is worth it.

If not Maye or Williams, who's the rookie QB?  All those picks for what?

• Thumb up 1

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think Maye has a higher floor than Daniels, but Daniels has a higher ceiling. 

Daniels is an electric dual threat QB but he's also a one year wonder with a really skinny frame who runs like a guy who weighs 20 lbs more.

Maye is more polished amd experienced but, to my eyes, is a guy who does plenty of things well, but isn't really elite in any category. 

Daniels is not a one year wonder :lol: 

he really put it all together in the passing department this year. He improved, that’s what great QBs do. Hope he is the next QB in Washington. He will be the best QB of this draft. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The new regime better take the prospects to a steakhouse during the visit. If one of the dudes busts out a chicken nuggets order he’s off the board. No more travesties like that again. 

wait, someone busted out the chicken nuggies at a steak house. That’s a cold mofo….

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

he really put it all together in the passing department this year. He improved, that’s what great QBs do. Hope he is the next QB in Washington. He will be the best QB of this draft. 

He went from 17 TDs last season to 40 TDs this season.

He wasn't even in anyone's thoughts last year as far as the 2024 draft.

Yes, he's a one year wonder.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

There is no chance we are trading the rights to draft a top 2 QB with the Giants. Especially when we need a QB.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Yes he really is. His passing stats before this year were abysmal. Really no other way to put it.