Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If QB ends up being the pick in the Top 3 whether Williams Maye or Daniels … I think it’s gonna make a lot of sense to let Jon Allen seek a trade. If we could get a 2nd for him it would make a lot of sense to take that and use those assets on the offensive side of the ball. 

I agree, he has no guaranteed money left and signing him to a new deal at his age with a rebuild on the horizon makes no sense for the incoming GM.  I fully expect him to be playing with another team next year. I like Jon, it's a shame we wasted his career because he's everything you want in a player.

• Like 3

A top five QB in the league is worth more than a top three OT.

But on draft day, if you had a choice between a guy that has a 25% chance at being a top five QB or a guy that has 90% chance at being a top three OT, who do you choose?

Completely speculative numbers. But, what would you want?

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

We almost came back against the Jets from 20 point down.

Say what you want about Rivera, but his teams don’t quit.  It might be the one thing he can hang his hat on. 

I have to agree. The two problems are bad coaching and lack of talent.

6 minutes ago, Wayne_Millner said:

But on draft day, if you had a choice between a guy that has a 25% chance at being a top five QB or a guy that has 90% chance at being a top three OT, who do you choose?

Im all for the OL. But we’ve had Trent Williams and Chris Samuel and nothing to show for it because we’ve never had the QB. 

So I’d take a shot at the QB because some day you’ll get it right and be set. That said, I’m also all for investing in the OL. And I’d consider a minimum of 3 Day 2 picks going to the OL this year to jump start the process of rebuilding the unit. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Im all for the OL. But we’ve had Trent Williams and Chris Samuel and nothing to show for it because we’ve never had the QB. 

If we had an O-line, we might have had a QB already. It's possible that we will never know because we broke the one we had.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Wayne_Millner said:

I'd have to consider the number of QBs we've had who had their careers destroyed via injury

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's sad that this team beat both the Pats and the Falcons when so much more was possible in this draft. Once that Bears game happened this team just needed to keep on losing.

They had no business winning the Cards or Broncos game either for that matter. 

45 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Best player available this team could use talent and improvement at ALL

positions.

^ TRUPH^

If we get offered a trade down for picks #6-9 plus a bunch more picks to begin a true roster infusion and then refuse it because we have our hearts set on a particular player, I'm gonna be disappointed. We can't fault a coordinator for failing to best utilize his assets and then fall in line behind a GM who runs to the podium without fielding every offer first. 

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I mean in all fairness. We did have kirk. Our best qb in last 25 years by a long shot but we screwed that whole ordeal up because Bruce Allen. Which is the culprit of why we don't have trent. And to a lesser extent rookie rg3 was a highly regarded prospect who dazzled his rookie year until his knee imploded due to the field. And bad coaching om Shanahan not benching him sooner.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

Even if it’s a 5% chance versus 99% chance you roll with the qb every single time. A top 5 QB on a rookie deal is the greatest asset in all of sports. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's sad that this team beat both the Pats and the Falcons when so much more was possible in this draft. Once that Bears game happened this team just needed to keep on losing.

And that 2-0 start - what a “nonblessing” in disguise that turned out to be…. if we could have just lost both of those games (games we deserved to lose), we’d be golden right now…

Edited by skinsarethebest
  • Like 1

Every week during the season, the FPI projects the draft order by simulating the remainder of the season 10,000 times. Game probabilities are based largely on the model's ratings for individual teams in addition to game locations. The order is based on the records the model believes the teams will have after 17 games and each team's average draft position in the simulations.

Check out the full 1-32 projection for the 2024 NFL draft (updated Dec. 26):

_end_rule.pngchi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

1. Chicago Bears (via 2-13 CAR)

Average draft position: 1.1
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 95.9%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: greater than 99.9%

ari.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. Arizona Cardinals (3-12)

Average draft position: 2.6
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 3.4%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 96.9%

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

3. Washington Commanders (4-11)

Average draft position: 3.1
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 0.4%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 97.8%

ne.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

4. New England Patriots (4-11)

Average draft position: 3.7
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 0.3%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 94.5%

nyg.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

5. New York Giants (5-10)

Average draft position: 5.2
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: less than 0.1%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 72.8%

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

6. Los Angeles Chargers (5-10)

Average draft position: 6.7
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 18.3%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 96.7%

ten.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

7. Tennessee Titans (5-10)

Average draft position: 6.9
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 15.5%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 96.8%

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38489009/2024-projected-nfl-draft-order-32-first-round-picks-no-1-favorites-teams-top-10

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

Just saying: I wouldn't be opposed to trading #3 overall, Chicago's 2nd, and a 3rd rounder back to Chicago for #1 overall if we fall in love with Caleb (and the Bears go for it).

I would not, the Dan Snyder days are over we hope.  If you are going to be like Baltimore than act like them, this trade would never happen and most likely take next year's 1st instead of or including this year's 3rd for that projected player. The Ravens wait at the end of the rd, take the best player to fall and take him, maybe trade down, not up.  USC went 7and 5 with the (projected) Mahomes why?   

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

We can’t pick anything other than a QB if we are picking this high up in the draft. I’m not even sold on a LT picking top 5.

If we really don’t like the top QB prospects we need to trade back for picks.

I can, Marvin Harrison would make this team better and be a solid pick. I would take QB over OT though.  

Looking through this draft class and the number of offensive players in the Top 15 is nuts. It really is an offensive heavy draft, at least at the top. 

QB: Williams, Maye, Daniels

WR: Harrison, Odunze, Nabers, Coleman

TE: Bowers

OL: Fashanu, Alt, Latham

That’s a pretty loaded draft and by virtue of teams wanting / needing defense, one may fall into the 15-20 range, which could be in range for a trade up from R2. 

Curious … if we end up with pick #3 and let’s just say we get Daniels. If someone like Odunze falls to, say, 16 … would you trade the 2025 1st and one of the 2’s to move up for him? Latham? 

I think you ideally hold onto picks in 2025 but with this considered a loaded class, if some Top 10 caliber players fall into the trade back up range, it would be tempting. 

12 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I agree, he has no guaranteed money left and signing him to a new deal at his age with a rebuild on the horizon makes no sense for the incoming GM.  I fully expect him to be playing with another team next year. I like Jon, it's a shame we wasted his career because he's everything you want in a player.

What if we put Allen in a package to move up to #1 to take Williams? We could offer #3, one of our 2nds and Allen to Chicago to picks swap with them? 

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I mean in all fairness. We did have kirk. Our best qb in last 25 years by a long shot but we screwed that whole ordeal up because Bruce Allen. Which is the culprit of why we don't have trent. And to a lesser extent rookie rg3 was a highly regarded prospect who dazzled his rookie year until his knee imploded due to the field. And bad coaching om Shanahan not benching him sooner.

I am so tired of Griffin's injury as seen as the only reason he failed.  He failed because he failed to learn to play the position. I clearly remember a pic in the Post of Griffin standing in a clean pocket with 5 open receivers circled. The caption read:  "Griffin took a sack on this play. I have no idea why".  

It had nothing to do with the injury.  

• Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have zero interest in having less picks. 

If we are at 3, we have to take Maye or Daniels.

I'm not trading up for a WR either. There are several tall fast WR1s in this draft.

Me either.  A major part of my excitement is not having to trade up.  That means the world to me.  And its why I think we can chew gum and walk at the same time.  We can build the rest of the roster if we hold on to our picks. 

The reason why I am borderline a fantatic at taking a QB is twofold

A.  We don't pick this high that often.  Every 20 years give or take have we organically been picking this high.  We are about to break that streak this year, where its a 4 year gap but still three times in 20 years so its a rare ride for us.  When you are on that ride, you take the QB and that goes double in a good QB draft.   The odds are low we are picking this high again next year, which leads to my next point.

B.  Why would we prefer to punt on this to next year and likely in turn have to trade the farm to go up.  Some justify this by saying its smart roster building.  Personally, I think its atrocious roster building.  Do we really want to revisit the 2013, 2014 period with no first rounders.  How is giving up high draft capital for years to come -- smart roster building.

Some seem to think there is some proper sequencing to building a roster where the seas just part to make everything work in some perfect way in some perfect order.  We got this guy and then that guy. And then we are ready for the QB. 

And this magical QB just appears when the time is right.  Or if your roster is strong enough, you can take any QB in any round and the dude will be the next miracle late round gem that comes every 15 years or so.  And of course this team will be one of those lucky teams to unearth that dude.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 7