Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

34 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I cant see us getting into top 3. I think we get 4 and the top OT.

I see us at #4 and trading it to Vegas for a nice haul....we move back to 8 or 9 and still get a LT.  That would be a tremendous scenario. In fact, it's probably too good to be true because the Bears could trade back too. We need them to keep winning so they only have the one pick ahead of us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I think he’s the most solid across the board OT in the class but he isn’t a destroyer. Good across the board but not standout anywhere. Olu is probably the best in pass pro and more aggressive. Fuaga is the most dominant. Mims is a mix of the three of them. 

Of course, all of these will be long gone (along with Latham) before any of their picks in the second.

:229:The Rook

5 hours ago, philibusters said:

Mims is the physical specimen of the group at 6'7 340 pounds, good length, and good mobility for his size.  But its difficult to say what he is as a player because in 3 years at Georgia including this season he has played a total of 638 snaps including only 231 this season due to injury.  He is the most raw of the group, but he has the physical tools to be an all pro, but his floor could be bust.

He is this year's Broderick Jones and I agree with the assessment

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Time for that harder schedule to keep payin' off.

SOS.thumb.jpg.9ea15c1414ccd61f8c14d82a2a7c9f26.jpg

Let's hope Chicago, New England and Arizona find a couple of wins down the road. But we also have to look at Tennessee, the Giants and the Jets. I don't see a lot of wins for either of those teams, so they could all still jump ahead of after our bye week (depending on how the SOS plays out). For the Jets, maybe if Rodgers really plays. But I don't think they risk that as they will be out of the playoff race by the time he might be able to play (which I also do not really see).

25 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

It’s funny, but if “anybody” can’t block at all then “anybody” probably can’t get open and catch the ball at all either. You could easily do this cartoon the other way around. 

Correct. Option A should have said under the WR "Anybody but Dyami".

I for one am looking forward to a strong OL next season as being the #1 priority. Weapons and improved Edge, LB and DB fall next in line. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, illone said:

This meme was made and gained popularity for the Chase vs Sewell draft in CIN. Despite Burrow having a penchant for missing time due to injury, I’d wager Bengals fans still think they made the right choice on Chase. Higgins was very good and like 23 years old, but Chase immediately came in and wrecked opposing defenses and became an overnight superstar. The number of games he’s singlehandedly taken over for Burrow are inarguable. Whether Burrow still would have suffered his various injuries (current one being a wrist injury) is unknowable, but imo likely. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

Just now, Conn said:

This meme was made and gained popularity for the Chase vs Sewell draft in CIN. Despite Burrow having a penchant for missing time due to injury, I’d wager Bengals fans still think they made the right choice on Chase. Higgins was very good and like 23 years old, but Chase immediately came in and wrecked opposing defenses. The number of games he’s singlehandedly taken over for Burrow are inarguable. Whether Burrow still would have suffered his various injuries (current one being a wrist injury) is unknowable, but imo likely. 

Yeah and what people don't grasp is that the Bengals invested heavily into their OL in FA as well. 

Burrow just takes a lot of hits and seems predisposed to injury.

• Like 1

I mean this picture went viral when the Bengals had to make the decision between Sewell and Chase. Looking back, I don't think they regret taking Chase. Now they would probably also be happy with Sewell who has also become one of the best tackles in the league but the notion that one benefits the game so much more than the other is just not true. At the end of the day, you need top end talent and if the WR is a better talent than the OT, we should not pass on the WR.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, illone said:

I feel like this is the Bengals 2021 draft debate ... take Sewell or Chase. They took Chase. But they also had a better OL overall than we did, at least from a pedigree standpoint, and then got Orlando Brown this year. And they had Burrow.

*Edit, I should have read on, I see I'm late to the comparison party.

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

Our OL is in desperate need of improvement. If it is possible to add a bunch of FA's (and new coaching) to drastically improve their play, then great...go get a bunch of weapons.  I just don't see drastic improvement from the OL that will be available in FA, and there are a bunch of teams that have similar OL needs. It is going to take a combo of FA and the draft.

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Our OL is in desperate need of improvement. If it is possible to add a bunch of FA's (and new coaching) to drastically improve their play, then great...go get a bunch of weapons.  I just don't see drastic improvement from the OL that will be available in FA, and there are a bunch of teams that have similar OL needs. It is going to take a combo of FA and the draft.

And a lot of it probably depends on what the new FO thinks of our existing assets. Wylie is not a good RT. Leno is an average at best LT. Do they cut Leno and free up $13m? Use that to upgrade RT in free agency? Do they see Stromberg as a C or LG ... and if Wylie is displaced at RT, does he move to LG? There's a lot of assets on our OL from the last FA cycle and draft that need to be understood before the FO or even us fans can really know what sort of investments we need to make.

It could be simply adding 2 pieces ... cutting Leno and signing a RT in free agency and then drafting a LT early. Or it could lead to cutting Gates, Wylie, Leno ... and totally overhauling the OL which would require 1-2 FA signings and 1-2 draft picks. 

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I feel like this is the Bengals 2021 draft debate ... take Sewell or Chase. They took Chase. But they also had a better OL overall than we did, at least from a pedigree standpoint, and then got Orlando Brown this year. And they had Burrow.

*Edit, I should have read on, I see I'm late to the comparison party.

I like this but I add got it Alt 1A and Fashanu 1B. 

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Reports are that Rodgers is targeting the game against us as his comeback game, so thatll be an L now for sure. 

No better warm up game for him too. That's like 4th preseason game defensive quality. No pass rush. No LBs. Easy money all day.

33 minutes ago, Panninho said:

I mean this picture went viral when the Bengals had to make the decision between Sewell and Chase. Looking back, I don't think they regret taking Chase. Now they would probably also be happy with Sewell who has also become one of the best tackles in the league but the notion that one benefits the game so much more than the other is just not true. At the end of the day, you need top end talent and if the WR is a better talent than the OT, we should not pass on the WR.

I dunno. You look at the QBs injury history and have to wonder if he would have helped. But at the end of the day no one can really know. 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Reports are that Rodgers is targeting the game against us as his comeback game, so thatll be an L now for sure. 

Color me skeptical. That kind of injury? I don't see how, and will they even be in contention? They're 2 games out right now.

It has to be mentioned, it was criminally negligent how they handled the backup job both in the offseason and at the deadline. Literally NOTHING behind Rodgers on the roster with any talent whatsoever, and Rodgers is a thousand years old, closer to 20 years league experience than 15. Just unbelievably asinine for a WIN NOW roster to do that. Insanity. 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It works the other way too. If you have a dynamite WR who gets open really fast, the QB will get it to him before he is close to getting hit.

People aren't grasping how poor our WR play has been this year. They just don't get open. Watch the film.

They have to be carrying weird injuries. Granted McLaurin's a lot older now, but he was 97th percentile speed score four years ago, 76th percentile in explosion drills, 61st in agility, Dotson was 86th (although 43rd when size adjusted) in his 40, 4.43 is not a problem, explosion drill was 52nd. They're both fine, they have to be hurt to be this bad. Nothing else makes sense. Doston isn't a McLaurin level athlete, but he's basically average to average+, he's not "crap". Its weird. 

Just now, The Consigliere said:

They have to be carrying weird injuries. Granted McLaurin's a lot older now, but he was 97th percentile speed score four years ago, 76th percentile in explosion drills, 61st in agility, Dotson was 86th (although 43rd when size adjusted) in his 40, 4.43 is not a problem, explosion drill was 52nd. They're both fine, they have to be hurt to be this bad. Nothing else makes sense. Doston isn't a McLaurin level athlete, but he's basically average to average+, he's not "crap". Its weird. 

What is also weird is that Terry had over 1000+ yards last year with Wentz and TH at the helm. The turf toe has slowed down Terry a bit but that was in the beginning of the season. Maybe he is not 100%. Also, EB is not calling plays that targets him more. 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I have a feeling that any QB who's alive and breathing is targeting a game against the Commanders for their comeback. It's a solid plan.

2 hours ago, The Consigliere said:

Color me skeptical. That kind of injury? I don't see how, and will they even be in contention? They're 2 games out right now.

It has to be mentioned, it was criminally negligent how they handled the backup job both in the offseason and at the deadline. Literally NOTHING behind Rodgers on the roster with any talent whatsoever, and Rodgers is a thousand years old, closer to 20 years league experience than 15. Just unbelievably asinine for a WIN NOW roster to do that. Insanity. 

And then, on top of that, they doubled down and didn't trade for or sign anyone after the Rodgers injury???? Who knows what Brissett could've done for their season? I'll bet TH could've coaxed 2-3 more wins out of the Jets than they have now. They didn't want to part with any picks so they get what they paid for. Dare I say even Wentz would've been better than Zac Wilson? He wouldn't have been worse and he wouldn't have cost them anything draft pick wise.