Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2023 Roster Cuts News & Speculation Thread

MartinC

50 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

You wanted to take Rush? And cut who?

Lots of teams don’t grab players off of other teams cut lists. 

Because we didn’t take anyone isn’t proof of anything. 

I’m not making excuses for anybody. I’m not overly happy with this year’s draft or FA haul. 

But using the “we didn’t pick up a waiver wire player” as further proof  that Ron is incompetent or out of touch is a reach for you as well.

I like both of us as posters. I think from a self-analytical standpoint we could both probably move our posts back to the middle a bit. 

Fair takeaway at the end, acknowledged and agreed.

In that post though I was commenting on your own dismissiveness of the potential value of waiver claims. The “oh no we didn’t get another team’s garbage heap players big whoop” kind of defensiveness.  Just arguing that that’s misplaced and comes across as a preemptive strike against people who might criticize our lack of successful claims.

I did want Rush personally, but I’m not particularly killing Rivera for not claiming anybody. I just observed that it’s not surprising given how comfortable he’s been rolling with what we have, in a larger sense. 

• Thumb up 1

Jabril Cox tore his ACL midway through his rookie season in 2021. Probably never regained full confidence in the knee during 2022 season. Perhaps he'll start to shine now that he has had more than enough time to heal and regain confidence.

Edited by dswerdlw
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

We got nothing at LB so I'm good w/ kicking the tires on Jabril.

If he plays teams he can work his way up the roster over the course of the season. See if he has anything.

He’s not any good after his ACL.

Was a 4th round pick in 2021 … Dallas chose not to keep him and only has 2 linebackers on the roster (not including Micah)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

They must see something in Laufenberg but I didn't as he seemed weak and slow and somewhat of a turnstyle.  

I believe that's an eight out of ten on Ron's talent chart. :evil: 😁

19 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

They must see something in Laufenberg but I didn't as he seemed weak and slow and somewhat of a turnstyle.  

I believe that's an eight out of ten on Ron's talent chart. :evil: 😁

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I wouid sign Travis Vokolek over either Cole Turner (who I don't think is ever going to have reliable enough hands) or Hodges.

Travis Vokolek is WAYYY too green and is very loose in pass protection. While Turner doesn't have the greatest hands, he has better leverage which make his better at pass pro than Travis can so that would be a big nope from me. This is a reason why the Raven's released him.

It looks like Washington did make one replacement ... Supposedly claimed by Washington, LB'er  Jabril Cox might have been given Milo Eifler's spot on the practice squad.  So Washington didn't "stand pat" completely.  There was at least one change.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like the Cox signing.  it's been a long time since I watched him.  Coverage LB.  Good athlete but not sure if he still is post ACL surgery?

If Jabril has lost some of his talent due to the ACL, I suspect we might see the return of Milo Eifler to the PS.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Travis Vokolek is WAYYY too green and is very loose in pass protection. While Turner doesn't have the greatest hands, he has better leverage which make his better at pass pro than Travis can so that would be a big nope from me. This is a reason why the Raven's released him.

Why does it have to be Turner? There was 14 others, why not let someone else go. Ron likes to develop players so they say, who is not a developement player of the 16? 2 TE's have already been lost. one for the season, Another because he is always injured and not worth the contract at this point, Another is fragile/ hands, Another 1 dimensional, Increase your odds.